Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

7LBAC111
Topic Author

Too Many B6 Threads?

Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:41 am

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who thinks as much, but there are currently 23 'active' B6 threads in the CivAv forum. Surely this is too much, and most of them full of supposition.

With more and more members grumbling about the CivAv forum being overloaded, is it maybe time to say enough is enough? "B6 star stervice to XYZ" threads are arguably as frustrating as Orion737's rants about having to pay for cups of tea. Big grin

Mods, what is your perspective on this?

7L
Debate is what you put on de hook when you want to catch de fish.

ua777222

RE: Too Many B6 Threads?

Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:02 am

To me, it looks like they are all service, aircraft, and route news. For me those are all independent issues that would create a real cluster if they were all to be jammed into one topic.

I'm not a mod but those are my  twocents 

Matt
"It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark."

7LBAC111
Topic Author

Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:09 am

Quoting UA777222 (Reply 1):
For me those are all independent issues that would create a real cluster if they were all to be jammed into one topic.

I can see that argument - but perhaps one thread entitled "B6 Route News" might suffice? No other airline gets as much attention, and while B6 are certainly newsworthy, I think some lesser but more informative topics are being lost in the mix.

7L

ua777222

Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:14 am

Quoting 7LBAC111 (Reply 2):
I can see that argument - but perhaps one thread entitled "B6 Route News" might suffice? No other airline gets as much attention, and while B6 are certainly newsworthy, I think some lesser but more informative topics are being lost in the mix.

I think it all has to do with what users want to see and what to respond to. Mind you, the only way they stay at the top of the chart is by people replying to them. It will pass, just like last week it was World Cup charters and RG news, next week it will be WN or UA/CO merger, etc. Let it pass, regardless of what you want to see out of the mix, users are going to see what they want to see.

Thanks,

Matt
"It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark."

7LBAC111
Topic Author

Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:21 am

Quoting UA777222 (Reply 3):
It will pass, just like last week it was World Cup charters and RG news, next week it will be WN or UA/CO merger, etc. Let it pass

Will it? LOL.

There are in excess of 100 this year alone. Aside from A vs B threads, I dont think the World Cup, or even the collapse of RG has ever had that many.

7L

Tom12

Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:47 am

7LBAC does have a point, there are an awful lot of B6 posts in the foum but i agree with what UA777222 is saying, it is obviously wat the community want as most of them 100 posts do well, responce wise.

Tom
"Per noctem volamus" - Royal Air Force Bomber Squadron IX

NIKV69

Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:36 pm

Quoting 7LBAC111 (Thread starter):
I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who thinks as much, but there are currently 23 'active' B6 threads in the CivAv forum. Surely this is too much, and most of them full of supposition.

Your lucky when I first joined here there were many more!  yuck 
I am the Googlizer!!!

BA787

Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:17 pm

I just ignore them. I have to be honest and say that there are getting to be too many. While they can't all be combined, you would think that certain ones can be. Also, there are loads of QF and CO threads. Two of my favourite airlines but I can only take so much

Also, this is in part down to me a bit, there are a helluva lot of BA threads.

Tom

TVNWZ

Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:55 am

If you don't like them don't read them. I think there are too many threads griping about too many threads.

BA787

Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:14 pm

Quoting TVNWZ (Reply 8):
If you don't like them don't read them. I think there are too many threads griping about too many threads.

Thats what I was trying to say , just didnt do it very well

Tom

7LBAC111
Topic Author

Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:55 pm

Quoting TVNWZ (Reply 8):
If you don't like them don't read them. I think there are too many threads griping about too many threads

You completely miss the point. Its the fact that other arguably more interesting threads are being lost in the forum because of there being so many of a certain thread. In this case, B6.

7L

DAL767400ER

Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:20 pm

You just gotta realise that B6 is the greatest invention since bread came slice, hence it deserves so much attention  Wink .