Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

airfoilsguy
Topic Author

Charley Foxtrot In Civil Aviation

Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:00 am

I think the moderators do a great job most of the time but I am asking that they take a little time and think about an issue before passing judgment. For example, I found this thread. Title, Severe Hail Damage On Boeing 727
Severe Hail Damage On Boeing 727 (by Jawed Dec 19 2006 in Civil Aviation)

Apparently it was a duplicate post of this thread titled What Happened To This Hail-damaged 737?

RE: What Happened To This Hail-damaged 737? (by AIRCANL1011 Oct 16 2006 in Civil Aviation)6/

The moderator locked the thread and told everyone to post in the first thread. Well, that is not possible, because the first thread is locked! Also, even if the search function worked, it would have been useless in this case because post 1 had the wrong aircraft type in the title. So I am asking that the moderators please put a little more thought into their actions before taking those actions. Thanks
It's not a near miss it's a near hit!!

ANCFlyer

RE: Charley Foxtrot In Civil Aviation

Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:22 am

Quoting Airfoilsguy (Thread starter):
The moderator locked the thread and told everyone to post in the first thread.

First off you're incorrect.

The moderator (me) said nothing about posting in the original thread. And the thread posted and locked this morning was already off topic. Rather than griping about an existing thread or griping about another members posts, use the Suggest Delete Function.

Further, if you're going to take the time to point out that there is another thread on a specific topic, have the courtesy to post a link to that thread.

When thread goes off topic in the first three replies, it either merits a lockup or deletion. Of course, the other option is to start deleting post after post and then of course, we could start banning members that continue to make off topic posts.

Quoting Airfoilsguy (Thread starter):
Also, even if the search function worked, it would have been useless in this case because post 1 had the wrong aircraft type in the title.

I asked the Search Function for "Hail" and "Damage" - and guess what I found. In less than thirty seconds.

In the future, you should direct issues such as this to [email protected]
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

airfoilsguy
Topic Author

Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:03 am

Awful abrasive arn't we. That is what I thought when I first read your post, but then you seem to be that way with all your posts. This doesn't seem very professional to me, being as that you, as a moderator, represent airliners.net. Maybe it is time to reign in the attitude. If this is the direction Airliners.net is going in the future you can cancel my membership.

Here are some examples

Quoting Osiris30 (Reply 31):
ANCFlyer, get over yourself... who said I was talking about you?

Nobody, and I didn't so state, I said for the record . . . etc . . . How about You get over yourself . . .

Quoting D L X (Reply 34):
If that's how you feel, then leave.

Too bad, so sad, I'm here to haunt your ass and any one else that refuses to use common sense here . . . .
RE: Locking The US/DL Threads Ended US/DL Conversation (by ANCFlyer Nov 30 2006 in Site Related)?searchid=56910&s=ANCFlyer#ID56910

Yet there is more

Quoting D L X (Reply 25):
Why do you care so much?

Because Civ-Av has gone straight to the crapper in recent months because of issues you propose are non-issues. Childish, idiotic posts; so many duplicate threads you can't count them, and then this endless sniveling in Site Related bitching about the mods enforcing the rule on duplicate threads and trying to control the BS in Civ-Av.
RE: Locking The US/DL Threads Ended US/DL Conversation (by ANCFlyer Nov 29 2006 in Site Related)?searchid=56894&s=ANCFlyer#ID56894

Quoting Singapore_Air (Reply 9):
Maybe you should get off the high horse and use your time more judciously in the future.

And how many of YOUR threads are there in Civ-Av on this subject? Sounds more like your panties in a wad for having been identified in this thread than anything else.

Care to explain why your second thread, started today, couldn't have been a part of the other thread started yesterday???

Duplicate Thread. That gawddamn simple. Period. Dot. Paragraph. End of Commentary.
RE: A-380 Threads (by ANCFlyer Oct 5 2006 in Site Related)?searchid=55034&s=ANCFlyer#ID55034
It's not a near miss it's a near hit!!

ANCFlyer

Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:17 am

Quoting Airfoilsguy (Reply 2):
If this is the direction Airliners.net is going in the future you can cancel my membership.

You can do that yourself, Moderating staff cannot. All that's necessary is that you go to your "Edit Profile" screen, go to the bottom right corner of the screen and click the button marked "Delete this User".

Once again, you should take this issue to [email protected]

Thanks
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

Jaspike

Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:18 am

Airfoilsguy, that's what I thought too at first. Some posts really do stand out. There are some people in the crew who come across well in the forums, but it only takes a few posts to ruin the crew's image (one of the main things that pissed me off when I was crew). Shame really.. when dealing with member's issues (i.e. when posts relate to your role as a crew member) it's not hard to type a few nice/positive words and sound slightly professional instead of acting like the tough guy who doesn't have to use manners. ANCflyer, don't worry, this isn't all aimed at you, just rambling on a bit now about customer service in general

Edit: #3, nice reply  Yeah sure I'd be pissed off if I was Johan and saw that. Come on, the guy has hardly done anything wrong.

[Edited 2006-12-19 20:20:06]

AeroWesty

Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:33 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 3):
You can do that yourself, Moderating staff cannot.

Just as a point of clarification, the moderating staff can and has deleted member accounts. Mine was one of them.
International Homo of Mystery

MYT332

Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:38 am

Nice to see I'm not the only one who thinks ANCflyer's attitude is totally wrong to be a moderator. The thread shouldn't have been locked, that's the fact that everyone is annoyed at.
One Life, Live it.

YHMYYZspotter

Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:48 am

Both the 727 hail links in the first reply are locked now. If I wanted to post a reply about the 727 should I now start a third thread?

ANCFlyer

Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:49 am

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 5):
Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 3):
You can do that yourself, Moderating staff cannot.

Just as a point of clarification, the moderating staff can and has deleted member accounts. Mine was one of them.

Wow!

What'd you do!?  wink 

Seriously, interesting. My info says we can't. I'll certainly ask. I want to ensure I'm a 'full service moderator'. No favorites, and able to accomodate - within reason - everyone.

MYT332

Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:53 am

Quoting YHMYYZspotter (Reply 7):
Both the 727 hail links in the first reply are locked now. If I wanted to post a reply about the 727 should I now start a third thread?

Yes you should as ANCFlyer thought he was doin' good locking the second one.

It's surely a case of not reading between the lines here on the new moderators part.
One Life, Live it.

ANCFlyer

Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:58 am

Quoting YHMYYZspotter (Reply 7):

Be my guest.

Note this:

Please stick to the topic. Perhaps include the link to the thread from October.

If it goes south like the one did this morning, I'll hammer it for sure.

MYT332

Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:05 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 10):
If it goes south like the one did this morning, I'll hammer it for sure.

Hammer it? Pardon but why didn't you just delete the posts you didn't like from the second thread? You would have come off better like I've already said.
One Life, Live it.

ANCFlyer

Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:15 am

Quoting Myt332 (Reply 11):

As you know, this should be directed to [email protected]

If you'd like to carry on this conversation there, please feel free to do so.

You can also e-mail your concerns to [email protected]

If you have specific complaints, those can shared at either address.

AeroWesty

Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:23 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 8):
My info says we can't. I'll certainly ask. I want to ensure I'm a 'full service moderator'.

I can always forward you the e-mail I received from KROC, but it would be more reliable for you to go to the source.

But hmph, I bet this means they haven't shipped you your case of Pabst Blue Ribbon for Christmas yet, either!  silly 

MYT332

Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:26 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 12):

I don't trust that email address anymore after certain people quoted in the forums what I had said in an email once. I'd rather refine what I say and get it said here which is simply that I think your attitude stinks.

If you like you can address this issue with your superiors? I don't care, I just want to see an improvement on your half.
One Life, Live it.

Jaspike

Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:27 am

This is also the forum for suggestions, comments and constructive criticism related to any part of Airliners.net.

Quoting Myt332 (Reply 11):
Hammer it? Pardon but why didn't you just delete the posts you didn't like from the second thread? You would have come off better like I've already said.

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 12):

If you'd like to carry on this conversation there, please feel free to do so.

Alex's post looks constructive to me, so surely it's fine for him to post here.

[Edited 2006-12-19 21:27:57]

Queso

Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:46 am

Stop arguing about this and just go over and discuss it:
New Hail Damage Thread (by Queso Dec 19 2006 in Civil Aviation)

I'll probably get banned.

AeroWesty

Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:04 am

Quoting Queso (Reply 16):
just go over and discuss it

Thank you for putting your life on the line, and starting the new thread.  Wink

After it was apparent no one wanted to discuss it, after all the bitching and moaning here about it, I posed an honest question, something other than "Whoa!" or "I wonder how long it took the pilots to stop gripping their seats", or summat.

AirTranTUS

Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:33 am

Awful abrasive arn't we. That is what I thought when I first read your post, but then you seem to be that way with all your posts. This doesn't seem very professional to me, being as that you, as a moderator, represent airliners.net. Maybe it is time to reign in the attitude. If this is the direction Airliners.net is going in the future you can cancel my membership.

Here are some examples

Those examples are from before his moderator-ship was bestowed upon him.
I love ASO!

Queso

Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:07 am

Here are some examples

I think once your respect rating is a non-zero number you'll be closer to representing the overall membership of the site than you are at this point. As is stands right now, numerically, ANCFlyer is the most highly respected user on the site. I'd dare say that in a practical sense, he's at the very least in the top 10. So he does have the authority, expressed and implied, to represent A.net.

KROC

Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:56 am

ANCFlyer has been doing an outstanding job since becoming an active moderator. However, like everyone else using this site he is human. There is a learning curve when it comes to moderating. I've been doing this for 3 or 4 years now and I don't have it all figured out yet. I'm sure others will agree. I'm sure it wouldn't be too much trouble for you all to work with us as we work with the new moderators. Rest assured this issue has been dealt with.