Moderators: richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

6yjjk

RE: Whats With New Keywords Popping Up In Threads

Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:02 am

Quoting Lincoln (Reply 345):
If he/she really is a lawyer I can't beleive that he/she doesn't have access to LexisNexis...and finding precedent with Lexis is stupidly simple.

Form this, it sounds like you do have access to it and know how to use it - lawyer or not. Your example was very interesting, and it sounds as if both sides in that dispute were able to come up with precedents that "proved" their point of view.

Before everyone starts throwing C&Ds around, can you look at this from Demand's point of view - assuming you haven't already - and see whether there's any precedent they could draw on? No need to post it here if there is - why do their work for them? - but just make sure their position's as shaky as you think it is.

lincoln

Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:23 am

Quoting 6YJJK (Reply 350):
Form this, it sounds like you do have access to it and know how to use it - lawyer or not

Unfortunately I had access to it -- it was one of the resources the university I attended/worked for provided to students (well, a dumbed down version - LexisNexis Academic Universe. It was, IMHO, the single most valuable thing I gained from attending the university. You can learn quite a lot about law and the way society functions just by reading the court's decisions on cases of virtually any topic.

Since I'm no longer a student I don't have access to it any more  

Although from the cases I do remember I don't recall one that would be a direct parallel but the courts are generally disfavorable to those in Demand's position and more favorable to those in our position -- as long as you have the case law or statute to back it up. Unfourtinately, I can't get exact citations for the reason I mentiond above.

Lincoln
[Sad sidenote: This thread is now one post longer than Johan's ''Big News" thread... making it, IIRC, the longest thread ever in Site Related. And Demand still hasn't competently addressed our concerns.]

[Edited 2007-09-23 00:42:12]
CO Is My Airline of Choice || Baggage Claim is an airline's last chance to disappoint a customer || Next flts in profile

APFPilot1985

Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:57 am

Quoting Lincoln (Reply 351):
Although from the cases I do remember I don't recall one that would be a direct parallel but the courts are generally disfavorable to those in Demand's position and more favorable to those in our position -- as long as you have the case law or statute to back it up. Unfourtinately, I can't get exact citations for the reason I mentiond above.

That is because this is mostly uncharted water, there really haven't been any precedents set in this type of a situation. There is tons of case law regarding IP and its usage however very little to none regarding IP and what licenses are granted with a post.
Stand Up and Be Counted Visit Site Related to Voice your opinion

da man

Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:28 pm

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 348):
No disrespect, but your lawyer's inadequate reading of the situation was pointed out in Reply #270, and you've neither addressed it, nor removed Johan's personal copyright of all forum content. So you did indeed have more to say, you just chose not to.

checkmark  I forgot about Johan's copyright. That might be something he forgot about telling us when the transfer happened...?

Quoting APFPilot1985 (Reply 352):
There is tons of case law regarding IP and its usage however very little to none regarding IP and what licenses are granted with a post.

I like setting legal precedent, if we win. Big grin
War Eagle!

co777er

Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:50 pm

Quoting Lincoln (Reply 351):
Unfortunately I had access to it -- it was one of the resources the university I attended/worked for provided to students (well, a dumbed down version - LexisNexis Academic Universe. It was, IMHO, the single most valuable thing I gained from attending the university. You can learn quite a lot about law and the way society functions just by reading the court's decisions on cases of virtually any topic.

I have access through my University. Feel free to post some "keywords" and I'll see what I can come up with.

PAHS200

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:12 pm

Quoting Da man (Reply 344):
I've already sabotaged any chance to become a mod because of my comments in this thread. Oh well...

your doing whats best for a.net... and i would (and many others) would support you

lincoln

Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:55 pm

I know I'm a little late on this one, but ...

Quoting Da man (Reply 344):
I doubt the mods would actually agree to such an action. But it would be interesting to see what happened. (For the record, Ed, I don't want to see you leave, but I'll understand.)

The problem that they would have with _not_ agreeing to do that is that you are in essence revoking their license to use your copyrighted work [you may need to put that in the 'comments' just to make it explicit, but...]. Since the user agreement in affect at the time the content was posted says nothing about the license having any kind of time limitation, I don't think Demand would have any basis in law to refuse the demand.

In this case it is black and white: You, the copyright owner are telling Demand that they no longer have the right to use your property. If they continue to do so, it's a cut and dry violation of 17 USC 106 paragraphs 4-5: "[T]he owner of copyright under this title has the exclusive rights to do and to authorize any of the following...(4)...to perform the copyrighted work publicly; (5)...to display the copyrighted work publicly..." and Demand would be opening themselves up to huge liability if they didn't comply.

Quoting CO777ER (Reply 354):
I have access through my University.

Cool. I'll have to refresh my memory as far as syntax goes (it has been a few years, after all) but I'll let you know what I come up with.

I'll also take this opportunity to remind Demand and Demand's "lawyer" that I've already stated my objections as based on statute [And I haven't even had time to get into California's Business and Professions Code] so the ball is in their court to lodge a counterargument based on statute, case law or other precedent.

Quoting PAHS200 (Reply 355):
your doing whats best for a.net...

I'm glad someone elase sees that that's really our (my) intention. I'm starting to feel a little...erm...Quixotic. It's good to know that other people are concerned about the (mis)use of their intellectual property.

Lincoln
[Still not a lawyer]
CO Is My Airline of Choice || Baggage Claim is an airline's last chance to disappoint a customer || Next flts in profile

da man

Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:47 am

Quoting PAHS200 (Reply 355):
your doing whats best for a.net... and i would (and many others) would support you

Thanks, although if this whole copyright/IP issue isn't dealt with there is no chance that I'll submit my name for consideration.

Quoting Lincoln (Reply 356):
I'll also take this opportunity to remind Demand and Demand's "lawyer" that I've already stated my objections as based on statute [And I haven't even had time to get into California's Business and Professions Code] so the ball is in their court to lodge a counterargument based on statute, case law or other precedent.

If they even decide to respond properly ... I'll bet that the next reply from a DM staff member will be just another cut-and-paste of the original inadequate reply.

Quoting Lincoln (Reply 356):
I'm glad someone elase sees that that's really our (my) intention. I'm starting to feel a little...erm...Quixotic. It's good to know that other people are concerned about the (mis)use of their intellectual property.

bigthumbsup  It's amazing to see just how many of us are ambivalent (number of views to replies ratio).
War Eagle!

lincoln

Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:55 am

Quoting Da man (Reply 357):
It's amazing to see just how many of us are ambivalent (number of views to replies ratio

A lot of people are just uninformed about their rights as an author / don't realize that their words have real value. I think that's what Demand's banking on as they try to profit without having to do any real work. It's not a bad scheme, really, as long as the people who are generating the content for free (ie the posters) understand/agree with the use of their intellectual property in that way -- before the IP is posted.

Also the fact that the number of views is continuing to increase tells you something -- I suspect that there are people reading this thread who don't feel they have anything new to contribute but are still concerned with the outcome.

I work in a segment of industry where our knowlege and IP is the core of our existance, so I tend to be especially watchful about the use of my IP... but even in the industry a lot of people don't really understand their rights and responsibilities.

Lincoln

[Edited 2007-09-23 20:58:14]

JBo

Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:09 pm

Quoting Flyheligirl (Reply 338):
I haven't felt the need to post because there is nothing more to discuss.

The community thinks otherwise, ma'am.

The original "legal response" has been challenged multiple times with actual legal decisions backing the arguments up, and there's nothing more to discuss?

The exchange between posts 262 and 338 can be pretty much summed up as this:

DM: IntelliText is perfectly legal.
A.net: We don't think so, and here are precedents to support our case.
DM: Oh, well, we already told you it's legal ... you'll have to take our word it.

Whether you think there's a need to discuss things or not ... members here like Lincoln have presented a convincing case against the IntelliTXT ads using legal precedents, and all you have done is throw the same response back at us which cites NOTHING to back it up. Putting an argument without any citation to back it up against a well-cited argument is, as Lincoln put it, like telling us the sky is red when we're looking up and can clearly see it is blue.

I, for one, intend on watching this legal debate very closely. DM seems to disregard the legal issue as just a point of whining for the "inconvenience" of the IntelliTXT ads ... but the community sees a real legal issue here, with precedents to support. Such a consideration should be taken seriously.

It'll be interesting how this plays out.

~J

© 2007 J. Bowler. All rights reserved. No part of this post may be used, modified, or reproduced in any manner whatsoever except as direct quotes on this forum.
I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day.

INNflight

Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:24 pm

Quoting JBo (Reply 359):
but the community sees a real legal issue here

I guess actually most don't even care!!!
You fifteen guys certainly aren't "the" community, and no one asked you to represent it either!

© 2007 F.Trojer. All rights reserved. No part of this post may be used, modified, or reproduced in any manner whatsoever except as direct quotes on this forum (wooho - do I sound important? Yea hell certainly!)
Jet Visuals

YYZatcboy

Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:42 pm

So you're saying that we should just let DM walk all over us and our IP? If so, Fine. You've said it. The rest of us are not so easily satisfied. Some of us actually care, and don't come here to flame others about what they care about. I hope you enjoy your petty posts.

And to those who ask if we would still be in this situation if it were Johan, I put to you that he would have done something about this situation long ago, and if he had not, I would still be seeking legal protection. Get off your high horse. Not everything revolves around geography.
DH1/3/4 MD11/88 L1011 A319/20/21/30/50/80 717 727 735/6/7/8/9 744 762/3 77E/W 788/789 E40/75/90 CRJ/700/705 CC150
J/S DH8D 736/7/8 763

ORFflyer

Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:25 pm

Quoting YYZatcboy (Reply 362):
Get off your high horse.

Good advice there - maybe the FEW of you should listen to it.

Quoting YYZatcboy (Reply 362):
Not everything revolves around geography.

?????

YYZatcboy

Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:15 am

The "the not everything revolves around geography" is meant for people who are accusing us of talking about legal action because DM is in the USA.

If you don't care about A.net and your personal IP, that's fine. Don't disrespect those of us who do.
DH1/3/4 MD11/88 L1011 A319/20/21/30/50/80 717 727 735/6/7/8/9 744 762/3 77E/W 788/789 E40/75/90 CRJ/700/705 CC150
J/S DH8D 736/7/8 763

lincoln

Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:49 am

Quoting YYZatcboy (Reply 364):
If you don't care about A.net and your personal IP, that's fine. Don't disrespect those of us who do.

Exactly

Quoting INNflight (Reply 360):
You fifteen guys certainly aren't "the" community, and no one asked you to represent it either!

If we're going by numbers-of-people-active-in-thread here, I think the arguement can be made that the 'fifteen' members of the community who care about our intellectual property represent more users than the two of you who don'y care about your IP. And as responsible members of the community, we do have a -- dare I say duty -- to protect not only our intellectual property but to look out for the the rights of other members of the community. Especially since this site is nothing without user-generated intellectual property (i.e. fourm posts and photos) and I think some of the more valuable posters are already being scared off by the misuse of their IP (reference IFEMaster).

Lincoln

6yjjk

Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:10 am

I've been considering my position for a few days now.

I'm no longer posting, except in here, because to do so would be to endorse a situation I can't endorse - and I won't be posting again until the new user agreement is in place. What happens then depends on the agreement, and on whether Demand try to apply it retroactively to existing posts, but I doubt very much that I'll feel able to post again.

I won't be self-deleting - unless the new agreement makes it necessary - mainly because I don't want to give the likes of ORFflyer the satisfaction. It's depressing that those of us who do actually care should have to take that sort of abuse from those who don't - and I'm now at the point where I'm prepared to wash my hands of it and let them suffer the worst of everything that a.net is going to become. Others have managed to express their disagreement in a civil manner - and for that I thank them. Thanks also to the moderators who've stepped in to curb the worst abuses.

It's even more depressing to see that the management are incapable of compromise, or even the basic respect needed to work together. Contrast that with the management response to advertising issues at a different site (note replies 11 and 21). If I didn't think it would be bad for the site, I'd slap them with a lawsuit for the sheer hell of it.

Regardless, it's not worth bashing my head against a brick wall and looking for a compromise. Words can't express the disgust and utter contempt I feel for the way Demand has handled the whole affair, from beginning to end. It doesn't bode well for the future of a.net, so that's not a future I want to be part of.

APFPilot1985

Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:22 am

I have been working with some legal council lately and I am readying a C&D to send to DM. We can go from there.

futurecaptain

Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:54 pm

It's been several days of silence on this thread. I was wondering what was going on behind the scenes. Did everyone get threatened to C&D the discussion via PM?  Smile

Here's hoping some official from DM has something better to say.
AirSO. ASpaceO. ASOnline. ASO.com ASO. ASO. ASO. ASO. ASO.

Leskova

Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:25 am

I've now spent about an hour trying to dig through this thread - and I have to admit that I am rather surprised at what I can only call the naive attitude that some are displaying here...

You're really surprised that someone's "monetizing" your posts??? What the hell do you think that Johan was doing?? Do you really think he was just running this site because he loves aviation? Do you really think it had absolutely nothing to do with making money off of it??? And, considering that he had already experimented with it and only withdrawn it because of performance problems, do you really think that, given better hardware and more bandwidth, Johan would have hesitated to use IntelliTXT (dumb name for a dumb system, I must say)???

If so, I do think I've got a bridge that I'd like to sell to you...

As for those complaining that those IntelliTXT ads are still visible to guests - no-one ever stated that they wouldn't be.

Quoting Flyheligirl (Reply 261):
Site Updates and Benefits - We have something new starting this month...so please take this as a step in the right direction. You'll see this new benefit within the month, more details will come. As 6YJJK smartly said, tying ourselves to a specific time line for benefits is a bad idea, hopefully my answer will suffice for now.

So... now that the timeframe you mentioned "within the month" has more than passed, what "new benefit" have I missed? Because I haven't noticed any changes lately.

Quoting ZuluLima (Reply 283):
Precisely! Like I said, they just gave us a simple apology, disabled the feature for paying users, and then the issue of bad-taste advertising negatively affecting the site experience went away. My post was to enlighten all that the ads are becoming worse and that if I'm seeing more logged in, free users must be screwed outright.

As long as a user does not pay anything for this site, why should he/she not get the full barrage of ads? If I go to other sites and get bombarded with ads, I'll usually make a decision on whether or not the site is worth living with the ads, same will apply to guests of this site: either they like the site (and possibly end up joining, thus eliminating either some or all of the ads), or they don't.

Quoting YYZatcboy (Reply 328):
AND to reiterate, NO ONE WANTS TO SUE! I sure don't. But with A.net making money off of my Written work, I could potentially be breaking contract with a company that has right of first refusal on my work. Is it fair that I could be sued because of this?

a.net has been making money off of your "written work" since the day you posted your first post on this site, just as they're making money from the photos: people interested in what you have to say read the threads and display ads, or they look at the photos on this site and have ads displayed on their system: no-one would ever access this site, and get the ads displayed, if the site didn't have the content that it does; and new users wouldn't join (and pay money for joining) without that content.
Smile - it confuses people!

INNflight

Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:35 am

Quoting APFPilot1985 (Reply 366):
I have been working with some legal council lately and I am readying a C&D to send to DM.

Congrats Reid!!! Wooohooo. I somehow hope you damn pretty ruin it for tons of people just to feel a tad important. Some always do.

We can go from there.

There's no 'we'!!! It is simply your poor soul and some who think their forum posts are written masterpieces!

Quoting Leskova (Reply 368):
a.net has been making money off of your "written work" since the day you posted your first post on this site, just as they're making money from the photos

Glad some people still have enough brain cells to see that.
Jet Visuals

IFEMaster

Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:06 am

I have been working with some legal council lately and I am readying a C&D to send to DM.

Well...after a couple of weeks of not posting on this thread, I'm chiming in. I can tell you now, flat out - your C&D won't make any difference because you don't have a case against them. None of us do. The fact is, IntelliTXT or not, airliners.net has been making money off of our posts since the day they first made advertising a revenue stream for it's upkeep. Putting an ad in a sidebar isn't any different to an IntelliTXT link.

Have I changed my tune? Yes. Mostly because I've searched long and hard down every avenue I could, and found nothing but dead ends. And at the end of the day, I have much bigger fish to fry.

And we all need to face some truth here; none of us are going to self delete over this issue. If that were true, those that have threatened it would have done so by now. Ads or no ads, we'll all just keep on posting in the various forums, and we'll all keep browsing, and there'll always be an element that will despise DM. Embrace the inevitable.

As for Monique and Paolo, we really all should cut them some slack. This website is part of the enterprise that they work for. None of us have any clue what 'rules' they have been asked to abide by from the people that pay their wages. Whatever they are, you can bet that they supersede the wishes of the a.net community. They already went in to negotiation mode for us when the first IntelliTXT shenanigans started, and progress was made. I doubt very much that they are just sitting around, watching the pile of dollar bills grow while the IntelliTXT clickthrough stats soar. Instead, they probably are hard at work trying to figure out how to make a.net good for everyone involved.

Really...it's time to make a choice. Either accept it or get away from it.
Delivering Anecdotes of Dubious Relevance Since 1978

futurecaptain

Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:10 am

a.net has been making money off of your "written work" since the day you posted your first post on this site

Sure, whenever a topic is opened new ads are displayed on the page. What is being discussed is posts being edited to insert ads. This seems to tie the poster to the ad being displayed which has never been done before.

As for those complaining that those IntelliTXT ads are still visible to guests - no-one ever stated that they wouldn't be.

What does this mean to you?

Quoting Flyheligirl (Reply 266):
IntelliTXT is not coming back so don't worry about that. The decision we made stands, know that moving forward. MSN, CNN and so on use the ads we use on this site...as far as I know, there are much much more annoying ads out there. We are trying to monetize (yes, that word in not my favorite as well) but at the same time continue to serve our members. We are working with ad companies to bring better quality and more targeted ads to the A.net site.

So... now that the timeframe you mentioned "within the month" has more than passed, what "new benefit" have I missed? Because I haven't noticed any changes lately.

Neither have I.

I'll usually make a decision on whether or not the site is worth living with the ads, same will apply to guests of this site:

We are suggesting that it is possible new users may not want to join because of the barrage of ads. These ads, we current members figure, could long term negatively affect the site and we are trying to explain that as well as get the ads to go away.

APFPilot1985

Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:39 am

Quoting INNflight (Reply 369):
Congrats Reid!!! Wooohooo. I somehow hope you damn pretty ruin it for tons of people just to feel a tad important. Some always do.

Alright Florian when can we expect you to start allowing advertisers to use your photos at no charge?

Quoting IFEMaster (Reply 370):
Well...after a couple of weeks of not posting on this thread, I'm chiming in. I can tell you now, flat out - your C&D won't make any difference because you don't have a case against them.

Thats alright I have a few IP lawyers who feel differently and are willing to take the case.

INNflight

Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:12 pm

Quoting APFPilot1985 (Reply 372):
Alright Florian when can we expect you to start allowing advertisers to use your photos at no charge?

For God's sake I hope you know there's a vast difference!!! Johan has always been using our posted material for advertising his site. New threads have always (directly or indirectly) resulted in more ads and new income for him too! Henks even said they would have invented intellitxt ads if their server performance would have been good enough!

Also in an indirect way my photos (and yours, and everybody elses!) are here and are free advertising for Airliners.net!!! If you have a top of the day photo it will be linked to thousands of users websites, probably even to hundreds of company websites. Promoting A.net all over the internet! Why did not one complain of these photographers?!?! OOOH top of the day!!! Because this works for both sides. Your work gets exposure, and so does mine. So does Johan's!!!

Re. the intelliTXT ads, I also can't really see how that is comparable to photos because you do not create a piece of literature or art (although legally you probably are if you twist the laws enough - I'm thinking morally).... see.... it's not intentional....... wait.... look...... TEXAS!!!!!!!......! Now DM puts and ad for Texas over it (which I won't see, and you wouldn't either!)....SOOO WHAT???

I am not upset or participating in this discussion because I don't like you or have anything against you, really! It's just that you'll make it all worse for thousands!!! That always happens. Check the photography forum lately....Sam Chui busts the best darn ramp access people ever had because he gets to feel important I guess. People cross canals at AMS to be a tad close to the runway and get detained - the spot gets shut down altogether! WHAT if DM then drops airliners.net and Johan doesn't take it back? Will you take over and do it without ad income? Unlikely....!
Jet Visuals

Leskova

Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:49 pm

Quoting Futurecaptain (Reply 371):
a.net has been making money off of your "written work" since the day you posted your first post on this site

Sure, whenever a topic is opened new ads are displayed on the page. What is being discussed is posts being edited to insert ads. This seems to tie the poster to the ad being displayed which has never been done before.

When a post is edited, the contents are changed - that isn't the case here.

What does this mean to you?

Nothing - I, plain and simply, don't care.

I'll usually make a decision on whether or not the site is worth living with the ads, same will apply to guests of this site:

We are suggesting that it is possible new users may not want to join because of the barrage of ads. These ads, we current members figure, could long term negatively affect the site and we are trying to explain that as well as get the ads to go away.

Ah... so it's "we the current members" against those lone freaks (who, of course, could never be considered as "current members") such as INNflight or me now, is it?  Yeah sure ... nonetheless, do you HONESTLY think that the impact on the acquisition-rate of new members hasn't been factored in to the decision? So a few less users will be won, most of which will probably only pay the onetime $25 charge, whereas people will continue to access this site on a day-to-day basis, generating ad-revenue, and some will still click on whatever ad is linked by into the site by IntelliTXT. I'm pretty sure that the loss of a couple of possible new members is outweighted by the extra income due to new ads.

And if the fact that the barrage of ads goes away, once you pay for membership, is shown clearly enough, I'm not even all that certain that the acquisition rate of new members will decrease.........

Quoting APFPilot1985 (Reply 372):
Quoting IFEMaster (Reply 370):
Well...after a couple of weeks of not posting on this thread, I'm chiming in. I can tell you now, flat out - your C&D won't make any difference because you don't have a case against them.

Thats alright I have a few IP lawyers who feel differently and are willing to take the case.

So? There are lawyers accepting bogus cases every day, every hour, every minute - the fact that you've got "a few IP lawyers who feel differently" doesn't mean squat.

airfoilsguy

Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:05 pm

You people need to get a life. WHO CARES what they do to the posts? If you don't like it don't post. No one is making you post here and sending C&D is a wast of time and money. This whole thread is absurd
It's not a near miss it's a near hit!!

futurecaptain

Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:50 pm

Quoting Leskova (Reply 374):

Somewhere along the line the contents were changed to input some code to make the ad appear in my text. I didn't put it there, that's for sure.

Quoting Airfoilsguy (Reply 375):
No one is making you post here

That's not the point. All posts, current and previous, are being inserted with the ads. According to the user agreement we all signed up under A.net can delete our posts, but cannot simply edit them. The editing of current and previous posts is what is being questioned.

strasserb

Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:39 pm

Quoting Futurecaptain (Reply 376):
The editing of current and previous posts is what is being questioned.

So let's have a look what "editing" could be in regards of one of your own posts:

This was the original text:

IntelliTXT is not coming back so don't worry about that. The decision we made stands

... and so it appears as "quote" in your post:

IntelliTXT is not coming back so don't worry about that. The decision we made stands

I don't see any difference when your method is used by the a.net software too. Just making the text yellow, underline it and put a nice link behind.

scratchchin 
Still, even in the most arid desert is an airport somewhere ...

Leskova

Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:55 pm

Quoting Futurecaptain (Reply 376):
Quoting Leskova (Reply 374):

Somewhere along the line the contents were changed to input some code to make the ad appear in my text. I didn't put it there, that's for sure.

So you write the complete html-code that's required, including links to possible smileys, highlights, the visual effect for quotes? Somehow I doubt that...

So you accept "editing" on one issue, but not on another.

And there is no editing of the CONTENT of your post, the only thing that changes is the visual appearance - something that happens anyhow, because - unless you don't quote, don't use bold, italics or any other type of highlighting, don't use smileys, don't use images and don't insert links into your posts - they'll always look different when posted compared to how they looked when you wrote the post.

YHMYYZspotter

Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:39 am

Quoting Airfoilsguy (Reply 375):
You people need to get a life. WHO CARES what they do to the posts? If you don't like it don't post. No one is making you post here and sending C&D is a wast of time and money. This whole thread is absurd

checkmark 

FINALLY some people are speaking up. WHO CARES!!! Get over yourselves and your precious posts of gold. There are worst things in life to worry about than this. I must say it is all too amusing watching people whine about it though. Maybe for entertainment sake keep it up?

INNflight

Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:42 am

And 'the community' finally rises!!!!  couple 

Glad some people are keeping it real.
Jet Visuals

N243NW

Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:42 pm

Just started seeing the keywords again...this time in the "MD 83 Banned From Germany?" thread off the homepage.

-N243NW Big grin
B-52s don't take off. They scare the ground away.

N243NW

Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:46 pm

Nevermind...must have just been an error. I opened it again seconds later and the keywords disappeared.
B-52s don't take off. They scare the ground away.

INNflight

Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:49 pm

Quoting N243NW (Reply 382):
Nevermind...must have just been an error. I opened it again seconds later and the keywords disappeared.

Might have been the case that the site logged you out and that's why you got them? Many report glitches with staying logged-in.

Maybe that's why - no idea - I don't see them when logged in.
Jet Visuals

BMED

Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:39 pm

Quoting BAPILOT2B (Reply 5):
I see them in almost every single post I visit, and are intermittant throughout each thread

I'm still getting the yellow underlined words.
Living the jetset life! No better way to be

SoBe

Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:48 pm

Getting the red underlined words with popups.

When the page loads it is also loading from kona.kontera.com and ad.yieldmanager.com

Big version: Width: 844 Height: 528 File size: 68kb

VTBDflyer

Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:57 pm

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m126/VTBDflyer/Slide1-1.jpg

Same here.

VTBD

Edit: It took me five (5) trys to post this reply, is something up with the forum?

[Edited 2008-01-03 14:00:15]
Fly Thai

BR076

Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:02 pm

Never got them before, today for the first time
ú

Jamie757

Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:07 pm

Same here, and I am definitely logged in.

Rgds.
"I feel like a turkey who's just caught Bernard Matthews grinning at him!"

LTU932

Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:08 pm

Quoting BR076 (Reply 387):
Never got them before, today for the first time

Me neither, but now they've popped up in Civ-Av. What's worse is that I'm an FC member and should have never gotten them ever, which adds insult to injury, though I believe this isn't the first time an FC member gets those adverts.
Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer. - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition 208

silentbob

Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:13 pm

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 389):
Me neither, but now they've popped up in Civ-Av. What's worse is that I'm an FC member and should have never gotten them ever, which adds insult to injury, though I believe this isn't the first time an FC member gets those adverts.

I'm right there with you.

LHMark

Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:14 pm

I'm a member, and now I'm seeing them in Civ-Av. This is the first day I've seen them, though.
"Sympathy is something that shouldn't be bestowed on the Yankees. Apparently it angers them." - Bob Feller

HT

Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:15 pm

SImply annoying and slowing my computer down considerably.

I quickly added " *kontera.com* " and " *ad.yieldmanager.com* " to my browser's "Blocked content" list and the nuisance was gone.
Will add them to "Child protection" section of my Virus/Firewall/... software, too.
-HT

[Edited 2008-01-03 14:16:43]
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !

Viscount724

Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:19 pm

Quoting LHMARK (Reply 391):
I'm a member, and now I'm seeing them in Civ-Av. This is the first day I've seen them, though.

Same here. Very annoying.

AF340

Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:23 pm

I'm a member and logged in...

I've been seeing these things for quite a while now and they are very annoying...

FlyerTalk seems to be a good forum  Yeah sure

Liam spin 

flyheligirl

Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:25 pm

Sorry, it's a glitch that FC, premium and grandfathered members are seeing ads.

Don't worry, it will be fixed very very shortly.

Monique

HT

Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:26 pm

Quoting Flyheligirl (Reply 395):
Sorry, it's a glitch that FC, premium and grandfathered members are seeing ads.Don't worry, it will be fixed very very shortly.Monique

Many thanks for the quick response.
-HT
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !