Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

jogales

RE: Bug Reports

Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:25 am

Some threads and posts have been randomly showing blank. Clicking on the edit button gets me to the edit screen as it normally would, but the poster's username is in the place of mine, but it has my password. The screenshot is of topic #3654702 in Civil Aviation, but it also happens with several others.

I'm also getting checked out every now and then for no reason.

Josh
-

saxdiva

Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:37 am

Quoting Mariner (Reply 352):
But I have always assumed (and have sometimes been told) that using a Mac on this site hs been part of the several problems, even before this migration.

That's their problem--not yours. None of this stuff should be platform-specific.
See terms for details....

mariner

Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:40 am

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 350):
by deleting forum-specific cookies.

Yay! That fixed a problem. Unfortunately, it created another.

Encouraged by you, I deleted all my cookies, came back to site, and checked in. I was welcomed back and went to where I left off.

Unfortunately i was told (again) that I wasn't checked in. So I re-checked in a few times and after about three tries, I was in - without ads.

And deleting cookies had fixed the "read/unread" problem - just like the old days.

Unfortunately, it "fixed the problem here, too, in Site Related, this thread - it said there were 354 posts unread, where there had only been one or two before I deleted cookies.  Smile

mariner
aeternum nauta

strasserb

Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:57 am

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 350):
If the search function worked properly, I could point you to the thread where Klaus identified how to correct this problem, by deleting forum-specific cookies. But alas, I'm getting the same results as Diamond when I do a search, so it's fruitless. I know how to do it on a Mac, not a PC.

Here is the link to the mentioned topic. Look at reply #8 for the procedure on PCs.
"All Unread" Problem Won't Go Away (by Brenintw Aug 16 2007 in Site Related)
Still, even in the most arid desert is an airport somewhere ...

ag92

Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:56 am

I think I was being patient for quite some time.

I don't know exactly, but maybe try to address one issue at a time rather than all the issues

My patience is currently running out

Regards
Ag92

dragon-wings

Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:50 am

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but in case it hasen't the forums are showing the last replys was 2 days ago. Hitting the refresh button a few times seemed to help.
Don't give up don't ever give up - Jim Valvano

ZakHH

Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:01 am

Quoting 6YJJK (Reply 339):
Hey ANC, what are they doing to your username?!

I noticed that earlier, with several other usernames as well. Caps seem to be distributed randomly.
Tired of a.net? Join a friendly aviation community!

LTU932

Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:05 am

Quoting ZakHH (Reply 360):
I noticed that earlier, with several other usernames as well. Caps seem to be distributed randomly.

Doesn't seem that uncommon. I guess usernames here were never case sensitive.
Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer. - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition 208

thedarkmaster

Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:09 am

is it just me or is anyone else unable to check in for more than one page, i have to check in and check in and check in, its took me 4 times to get here.
does anyone know whats going on , and whatr they are doing to fix it ?

FYODOR

Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:20 am

Quoting Flyheligirl (Reply 353):
We've fixed it and it is back to being normal with log-in.

Not really. I've got the same problem for this morning again and seems I'm not alone.

Regards,

Fyodor

ilikeflight

Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:04 pm

I have not been getting screening emails (rejection/acceptance)

also can we start a Bug Reports 2 thread this one seems to be getting a little long
Think Different

deaphen

Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:44 pm

Ok some bugs on the photo end:

As of now, on the top of the last 24 hrs page, the photo hits arnt being counted, they are stuck the first one at 12971 and mine which is the second at 9654. But the photo counts are being added in the "my photos" section under photo stats.

Secondly, Top of the Day pics arnt getting the email congratulating the photographer.

Screening emails are coming thru perfectly.

regards
nitin
I want every single airport and airplane in India to be on A.net!

xjramper

Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:34 pm

This one is starting to get on my nerves. I click "show next 25 posts" and this is what I get:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b343/golferww/l.jpg

It leaves the next 15 closed and then opens them up. This happens every time I go to look at any next 25 posts in any forum.

XJR
Look ma' no hands!

PHKLM

Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:14 pm

I'm giving up on A.net This site just does not work anymore.
Continuous log-outs, I see forum messages that are 2 days old and after pressing F5 I see other random outdated messages.

FlyingCoyote

Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:34 pm

Same problems as for the others. I have to re-log everytime I switch to a new page. I loose advantage of the "First Class Member" login everytime I use the "Fit screen" option. Hope it will work again properly soon...

Bruce

Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:35 pm

Is there a way to split this thread up? Its getting awfully long. I have a new bug to report. Today I did start receiving screening emails, 5 were accepted, but they do not show up. When I view my own photos, it says I have 3,324. But the photographer's section says I have 3,329 - I got 5 accepted by email today but they are not showing. I refreshed the page several times.

Try this: do a search for "N9251M". I get "sorry no hits". But I got an email saying that shot was accepted.

bruce
Bruce Leibowitz - Jackson, MS (KJAN) - Canon 50D/100-400L IS lens

ZakHH

Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:51 pm

Checking the first postings in this thread (which were made 5 days ago) shows that we have not really gotten far during these days. Bugs disappear, but you can count on them returning latest the next day.

Latest surprise: chat's not working.

xjramper

Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:11 pm

Quoting ZakHH (Reply 370):

Latest surprise: chat's not working.

Latest surprise? Hell chat hasn't worked since the migration started.

Although...this doesn't surprise me. This is what happens when a large corp takes over something that was what I would like to call a "family business" or run by just a few people. Things don't go according to plan in a family business, they will work their asses off, sometimes not sleeping for a few days just to get it fixed. Large corps just see it as something they will get to as soon as they clock in and when it is time for them to go at 1700, they just go.

Not very impressive DM. In fact, don't be surprised if a.net's population fizzles out. Seriously, get your sh!t together or airliners.net will be no more.

XJR
Look ma' no hands!

PA110

Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:20 pm

Just got logged out while switching threads. Clicking Forum Index brought me to an earlier cached version which no longer contained my posts.
Look, it's been swell, but the swelling's gone down.

KMB

Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:36 pm

Counters not working again

Keep getting logged out again

Uploads dissappeared

When can we expect an improvement for a site we pay to use?
Better to ask a stupid question than make a stupid mistake.

KMB

Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:45 pm

To add to the above my profile has reset yet again.

They call this First Class membership.

airfoilsguy

Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:00 pm

List of bugs, I have not seen any improvement in the last few weeks.

The below happen all the time or most of the time.

Can't stay logged in

Can't edit profile

Smiles don't work

Spell check doesn't work

Can't delete pic from my profile

Can't add pic to my profile.

Need to log in various times to post.

Get blank screen when going to forums.

Chat dosen't work
It's not a near miss it's a near hit!!

seabosdca

Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:27 pm

I've been staying logged in now for a couple days... but still having other problems:

- Cannot add users to my RU list (sorry TdsCanuck!)
- Search function returns results, but click to display the results and you get blank topics
- "Show last posts" returns blank posts about 1/3 of the time
- Continuously having to refresh some threads to get all of the messages to load
- Photo keyword search returns error messages, not pictures (couldn't easily get 737-900ER pics!)

All in all, I want to add my voice to the chorus of disgruntled First Class members. I understand there will be bugs in any migration but these bugs are too big and have gone on way too long. I think every First Class member should get extra membership credit equal to the time between the migration and whenever the big bugs are (finally) ironed out.

KMB

Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:13 pm

Okay so the counters have started counting one of my images shows 219 hits I refresh the image and it then show 348 hits. I open a new browser and the same image has 192 hits, what the hell is going on?

ACDC8

Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:17 pm

This whole site is a bug ....  Yeah sure

You click on a forum and it shows the last post was made 2 days ago, refresh the page 4 times and it finally works. You go into another forum and it says that the servers are experiencing high loads. You click on a photo and it tells you no photo exists.

Keep up the good work DM ....  bigthumbsup   Yeah sure
A Grumpy German Is A Sauerkraut

FYODOR

Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:38 pm

Registration works now but the photos do not adding to the album. Look:
https://www.airliners.net/open.file/1280941/M/ - listed as at the Album Russia's Best
https://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?album=9740 - no photo at the album

Regards,

Fyodor

eajpecrca

Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:49 pm

Crossing my fingers! It looks like things are back to normal, at least for me. Was able log in and stay logged in. Downloaded that AF 777 landing at LAX.

Thanks for getting it back together. Now keep it together please.

FYODOR

Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:22 pm

Ups... Album works now. But defenitely was not.

bigbrokerbo

Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:48 pm

Hi all,

I'm still having these problems

- I can't stay logged in into the system. Everytime i close the browser window i'm logged out of the system.
- The counters are not counting or counting incorrect.
- Picture upload is not working properly. Recently i deleted 2 of my pictures which were waiting in the queue and
re-upload better (in my eyes) versions. It's not possible. The System says that i have no free slots. I
might have 2 slots now. The system says once 0 and after refreshing the upload page it says 6 or 7 again 0. But
this is all wrong. Even when it gives me 6 free slots i can't use them.

Maybe these bugs are already reported. So sorry if it's a double reporting.

Greeting
Bigbrokerbo

ZakHH

Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:00 pm

Quoting XJRamper (Reply 371):
Latest surprise? Hell chat hasn't worked since the migration started.

Pssst... coughironycough...  Wink

Quoting XJRamper (Reply 371):
Large corps just see it as something they will get to as soon as they clock in and when it is time for them to go at 1700, they just go.

Well, I do believe that they are committed to the project. But this site was indeed handmade, and most of the scripts of this site seem to be rather unique. Nothing quick out of the PHP microwave.

This site was brought up by an enthusiast, and started as a mere hobby project. Many of the solutions were unusual, and I am sure none of them were properly documented. Hell, when Johan and Henks started, whom should they have made documentation for?

So far, so good. But how on earth can you start such a migration without an advance check if things will work out AND without a plan what you will do in case they won't?

And then it is not only the tech side. DM is a company specialized on user-content sites. They pump them up, place additional and more professional ads and harvest the revenue generated by individual page visits. Their business model is based on mass traffic and lots of ads. Which is not a crime.

But what will it mean to a.net? How does a $5/month premium product without ads mix with this strategy? How does a mandatory chargeable registration to the forums mix with it? How do extremely, sometimes ridiculously high standards in photo screening mix with it?

Easy answer: they don't. The few news we received show the way. The new servers are designed for more traffic. More visitors. More storage space. This will mean lower hurdles to get into the database. Or into the forum. It needs to grow. To attract more visitors. No need for a few constantly bitching and moaning FC customers, if it is the unambitious mass that brings the revenue.

But be my guest and prove me wrong, DM. When it comes to it, I will be the first to admit I was wrong and just had a bad time, worrying needlessly about one of my favourite toys...

Tom12

Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:15 pm

Hey,

The only issue i am having is having to log in every time i navigate away from the site. Other than that it is working really well for me.

Thanks Big grin

Tom
"Per noctem volamus" - Royal Air Force Bomber Squadron IX

gkirk

Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:24 pm

Quoting KMB (Reply 374):
They call this First Class membership.

Ask for yer money back  duck 
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

flyheligirl

Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:33 pm

Hi all,

Please check log-in... I've tested a whole bunch of areas and I can't get logged off. The log-in fix was administered about 20 minutes ago.

Also, watermarks and ads being seen by FC members should be tied to log-in issues and now that log-in works, FC members should not be experiencing problems.

I'll update you further, just a quick one for now.

Thanks,

Monique

KMB

Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:50 pm

Images now have two counts

If you click view your images one count is given

If you click view the URL another much higher count is given

flyheligirl

Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:47 pm

Okay, about 15 of the crew and our team tested out chat. No one was logged out and everything seemed to work great. There were a few errors with links inside and looks is being updated, but the overall chat function works great.

Please give it a try.

Thanks,

Monique

xjramper

Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:45 pm

I get a big ol' red x when I try chat. Are you just testing it out on IE or are you using other gateways such as mozilla or opera?

XJR
Look ma' no hands!

Gunships

Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:22 am

Quoting XJRamper (Reply 385):
I get a big ol' red x when I try chat.

Same here.

carmenlu15

Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:23 am

Quoting XJRamper (Reply 385):
I get a big ol' red x when I try chat. Are you just testing it out on IE or are you using other gateways such as mozilla or opera?

I tried Firefox and it was fine... I think you should check if you have the latest Java update for it to work.
Don't expect to see me around that much (if at all) -- the contact link should still work, though.

PA110

Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:24 am

It's working now. I just got in.
Look, it's been swell, but the swelling's gone down.

IFEMaster

Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:51 am

I got in on IE, FireFox, and Safari, in both XP and OS X.
Delivering Anecdotes of Dubious Relevance Since 1978

Chukcha

Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:52 am

Added a couple of pictures into my albums yesterday but they've never showed up there. When I try to add them again, I get a message that they cant be added because they are already in album  Sad ...

Gunships

Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:10 am

Quoting Carmenlu15 (Reply 387):
I think you should check if you have the latest Java update for it to work.

Thanks, Carmen, I'm in now.  bigthumbsup 

flyheligirl

Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:25 am

Hi all,

We've made huge progress today and things are looking very bright. Don't worry, we are still working on quite a few things but many of the major bugs have been corrected, and we are moving down the list until every post-migration bug is fixed. Then we'll start working on the fun stuff  Wink

Please see Bug Reports - Part 2.
Bug Reports - Part 2 (by Flyheligirl Oct 15 2007 in Site Related)

Thanks,

Monique