Asturias
Topic Author

Did A.net Cave Into Muslim Pressure On Fitna?

Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:27 pm

Hi, I am curious what happened to the thread on the short-film Fitna that was here a few weeks ago? Since many sites on the internet were threatened by radical islamics for showing the film, discussing the film or otherwise promote it succumbed to these threats and removed it, did the same happen here?

The url was:

https://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo.../non_aviation/read.main/1863507/1/

It no longer exists. Since the posts are now gone, a considerable and informative discussion has been lost on this subject. I wonder, what is the reason.

thanks!!

asturias
Tonight we fly

Toast

RE: Did A.net Cave Into Muslim Pressure On Fitna?

Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:44 am

Quoting Asturias (Thread starter):
I wonder, what is the reason.

I would seem that several threads from a few weeks back have disappeared into thin air. The ones I remembered and couldn't find were "Children: Why?" and "No More Word Games". Just another server screwup or have all old threads containing anything stronger than "damn" been deep-sixed? I tend to suspect the former since I can't imagine anyone spending time on systematically eliminating long-dead threads.

Whatever the reason (and I'm pretty sure we won't be told what it was), R.I.P. to all those cool threads.  tombstone 
Shit Piss Fuck Cunt Cocksucker Motherfucker Tits

Asturias
Topic Author

Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:37 pm

Quoting Toast (Reply 1):
Whatever the reason (and I'm pretty sure we won't be told what it was), R.I.P. to all those cool threads.   

Aye, seconded. RIP to the cool threads  tombstone 

Darn shame.

asturias
Tonight we fly

diamond

Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:17 pm

Quoting Toast (Reply 1):
Whatever the reason (and I'm pretty sure we won't be told what it was), R.I.P. to all those cool threads.

Quoting Asturias (Reply 2):
Darn shame.

Really, there's no reason for conspiracy theories on this. The moderators do not have the ability to delete a thread and prevent a notice from being sent out. Any buttons we click to delete posts or threads automatically generates an email that goes to the person who posted it, with a copy to all other moderators. We can't prevent that from happening.

The threads that both of you have asked about are being researched. On first glance, the threads are gone and no record of them being deleted can be found. So that would indicate a possible bug.

Several moderators are looking into it - and the people at DM asked if there might be a 'bug' at play here.

Unless an email surfaces that mysteriously did not get sent to any of us - I can see no reason why the threads you've mentioned were intentionally deleted.

Bottom line: it is being researched.

In the meantime, if you'd llike to start another thread on 'Fitna' you can do so as long as the post complies w/ forum rules.
Blank.

Toast

Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:31 pm

Quoting Diamond (Reply 3):
it is being researched.

Thanks, Diamond. Maybe one in 3 threads in Site Related ever gets a reply from staff, glad to see this one did!  Wink
Shit Piss Fuck Cunt Cocksucker Motherfucker Tits

Asturias
Topic Author

Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:30 pm

Well yeah.. thanks for that Diamond and it certainly seems to be a prevalent problem. You just lost another thread now..

https://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...eneral_aviation/read.main/3957830/

Called "Use Of Metric System In Aviation", in CivAv. I was replying to that when it ceased to exist. It was an on-topic, polite discussion, non-redundant so I am assuming it wasn't deleted purposely.

This losing of threads is quite awkward, no?

asturias
Tonight we fly

diamond

Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:37 pm

Quoting Asturias (Reply 5):
Called "Use Of Metric System In Aviation", in CivAv. I was replying to that when it ceased to exist. It was an on-topic, polite discussion, non-redundant so I am assuming it wasn't deleted purposely.

The thread in question has been moved to the Tech/Ops forum. It has not 'vanished.'

https://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/tech_ops/read.main/225445

Quoting Asturias (Reply 5):
This losing of threads is quite awkward, no?

That is your interpretation. Please search all forums for the possible relocation of any 'missing' threads before sounding the alarms.
Blank.

Asturias
Topic Author

Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:04 am

Quoting Diamond (Reply 6):
That is your interpretation. Please search all forums for the possible relocation of any 'missing' threads before sounding the alarms.

I reported events exactly and without prejudice how they appeared to me. No melodrama, no agenda.

Quoting Diamond (Reply 6):
The thread in question has been moved to the Tech/Ops forum. It has not 'vanished.'

https://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...25445

Thank you for pointing that out, I had looked before and when I did that thread was not there. I consider the matter closed.

asturias
Tonight we fly