Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

AllegiantAir
Topic Author

New Homepage - Where Is It?

Tue May 27, 2008 9:13 pm

The new homepage was supposed to be up on Tuesday, May 27, 2008. It's 4:11 PM here and it's still not up. For some proof...

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk128/kregaxn/untitled.jpg

So is it delayed? If it was delayed, I wish you would have posted a message on here so us members could be aware of that and not be wondering what's up with it.
Live to Fly.

bmibaby737

RE: New Homepage - Where Is It?

Tue May 27, 2008 9:24 pm

Maybe DM are waiting for the launch of the new website until they fix the current outburst of bugs first...?

[Edited 2008-05-27 14:25:27]

AllegiantAir
Topic Author

Tue May 27, 2008 9:57 pm

Pahh! I'm still used to Sweden's time zone for everything being released on here! My fault!
Live to Fly.

NIKV69

Wed May 28, 2008 12:39 am

I am very happy, I get the feeling if they put the new home page up I would probably be sick.
90 Day Fiancé has taught me that Russian woman are excellent.

graphic

Wed May 28, 2008 12:42 am

Are you guys gonna stop deleting posts and let us know what's going on?

Demand Media fails at life

jamesbaldwyn

Wed May 28, 2008 12:48 am

Quoting Graphic (Reply 4):
Are you guys gonna stop deleting posts and let us know what's going on?

Yes!

and I wonder how different it'll be from the original design seen here.

https://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/site_related/read.main/73455/

2H4

Wed May 28, 2008 12:56 am

Hello all,

The homepage launch was pushed back until 2pm tomorrow due to some screening issues we encountered this weekend. Priorities have shifted to resolving screening first and launching the new homepage second.

Monique will be posting tomorrow with more details related to the new homepage functionality. Thanks for your patience.

2H4
Intentionally Left Blank

ShyFlyer

Wed May 28, 2008 1:14 am

Quoting 2H4 (Reply 6):
The homepage launch was pushed back until 2pm tomorrow due to some screening issues we encountered this weekend.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.  bigthumbsup 

Now, this isn't directed to anyone in particular, but next time a major change to the site is delayed, postponed, canceled, or whatever, please announce it here in site related (when the decision to delay, postponed, cancel, etc is made) rather than waiting until the membership starts asking what's going on. It will go a long way in restoring some lost good will. Just some free constructive criticism.  Smile
I lift things up and put them down.

2H4

Wed May 28, 2008 1:18 am

Quoting ShyFlyer (Reply 7):
Now, this isn't directed to anyone in particular, but next time a major change to the site is delayed, postponed, canceled, or whatever, please announce it here in site related (when the decision to delay, postponed, cancel, etc is made) rather than waiting until the membership starts asking what's going on.

The decision to postpone the new homepage wasn't a certainty until a couple of hours ago, but I hear you. With our new support folks, I think you can expect to be kept in the loop better than ever as we move forward.

2H4
Intentionally Left Blank

AllegiantAir
Topic Author

Wed May 28, 2008 1:19 am

Quoting 2H4 (Reply 6):

Thank you 2H4, I'll be ready for the new view!

Quoting Graphic (Reply 4):

Ya really
Live to Fly.

ShyFlyer

Wed May 28, 2008 1:21 am

Quoting 2H4 (Reply 8):
With our new support folks, I think you can expect to be kept in the loop better than ever as we move forward.

This is good to know as well. Thanks!  bigthumbsup 
I lift things up and put them down.

graphic

Wed May 28, 2008 3:33 am

Yeah this is really wierd, i wish it would get fixed.
Demand Media fails at life

Gofly

Wed May 28, 2008 9:18 am

Quoting 2H4 (Reply 6):
The homepage launch was pushed back until 2pm tomorrow due to some screening issues we encountered this weekend. Priorities have shifted to resolving screening first and launching the new homepage second.

As 2H4 has already said, we were experiencing some problems with the screening process, meaning that new photos were not added to the database. The decision was taken to postpone the launch for a day in order to solve this issue - we hope you all appreciate the decision, it should solve some of the screening problems that users have been encountering lately. I apologise that this decision was made so late in the day; we hope that it's something you understand given the nature of the problem.

The new launch time is scheduled as 2pm Santa Monica time today.

Quoting ShyFlyer (Reply 7):
Now, this isn't directed to anyone in particular, but next time a major change to the site is delayed, postponed, canceled, or whatever, please announce it here in site related (when the decision to delay, postponed, cancel, etc is made) rather than waiting until the membership starts asking what's going on. It will go a long way in restoring some lost good will. Just some free constructive criticism.

You were made aware as soon as we could, 2H4's post appeared pretty quickly after the decision, in order to keep you informed. As the crew are all in different time zones, it's possible that there will sometimes be a lag in responses.

Thanks for any suggestions however, we always appreciate the feedback.  Smile

Quoting 2H4 (Reply 8):
The decision to postpone the new homepage wasn't a certainty until a couple of hours ago, but I hear you. With our new support folks, I think you can expect to be kept in the loop better than ever as we move forward.

Absolutely, we're doing our best to keep you informed and answer you questions - and all the crew are prepared for the launch. Monique will be in the forum along with the support crew and moderators to address any questions or issues you have, please feel free to post and discuss the launch - it's an exciting time for us all.

On top of this, should you have any additional problems or questions, please feel free to contact [email protected] at any time. We'll be happy to deal with anything you want to bring our way.

Again, I apologise for the delay and hope that you work with us as we move forward!

Many thanks,
-Gofly
Living the high life on my ex-Airliners.net Moderator pension...

eadster

Wed May 28, 2008 12:50 pm

The longer the new "pizza" front page stays away, the happier I am and I continue to visit.

viv

Wed May 28, 2008 1:02 pm

The new homepage is a solution looking for a problem.

Anet has enough real - and unsolved - problems already.
Nikon D700, Nikkor 80-400, Fuji X Pro 1, Fujinon 35 f/1.4, Fujinon 18 f/2

aloges

Wed May 28, 2008 1:11 pm

Quoting Eadster (Reply 13):
The longer the new "pizza" front page stays away, the happier I am and I continue to visit.

checkmark 

Quoting Viv (Reply 14):
The new homepage is a solution looking for a problem.

checkmark 

But anyway, we're not supposed to give opinions here so let's all wait and see/hope. Perhaps what we may or may not get today is going to be subject to sensible alteration.
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

kmh1956

Wed May 28, 2008 2:13 pm

Quoting 2H4 (Reply 6):
Priorities have shifted to resolving screening first and launching the new homepage second.

I would have thought that the priorities would have been to fix all the bugs first...a new homepage is cosmetic only, definitely not necessary....
'Somebody tell me why I'm on my own if there's a soulmate for everyone' :Natasha Bedingfield

ORFflyer

Wed May 28, 2008 4:27 pm

Quoting AllegiantAir (Thread starter):
New Homepage - Where Is It?  

Lost if we're lucky. I too am in the seemingly large group that would rather see the bugs fixed, and better communication from the staff before a cosmetic, unwanted change is implemented.

B747forever

Wed May 28, 2008 4:48 pm

Just a question, will this site be down when you will launch the new front site??
Work Hard, Fly Right
Flown: 1098 flights/311 airports/194 airlines

Gofly

Wed May 28, 2008 8:14 pm

Could all further discussion regarding the new front page please continue in the following thread:

https://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/site_related/read.main/74824/

Thanks,
-Gofly
Living the high life on my ex-Airliners.net Moderator pension...