aaflt1871
Topic Author

Question About The A.Net Myspace Photo Page

Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:15 am

Maybe this has been brought up before, but something I just noticed, and since I rarely ever come on here anymore I figured I would ask. Why has the copyright tags and photographer's name been cut off of the bottom of the photos on that page? I mean beyond the reason that you cannot post photo's that are copyrighted on MySpace obvioulsy. So does that mean I can go through the database, and take any photographers photos and cut off the bottom and post them to my page as my own? I mean if you do not give the photographers credit, then why should I right? Did you ask the photographers before doing that? The least you could of done was put the photographers name under it in a comment.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...cture&friendID=230305515&albumId=0
Where did everybody go?

Gofly

RE: Question About The A.Net Myspace Photo Page

Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:10 am

Quoting AAFLT1871 (Thread starter):
Maybe this has been brought up before, but something I just noticed, and since I rarely ever come on here anymore I figured I would ask. Why has the copyright tags and photographer's name been cut off of the bottom of the photos on that page? I mean beyond the reason that you cannot post photo's that are copyrighted on MySpace obvioulsy. So does that mean I can go through the database, and take any photographers photos and cut off the bottom and post them to my page as my own? I mean if you do not give the photographers credit, then why should I right? Did you ask the photographers before doing that? The least you could of done was put the photographers name under it in a comment.

I've had a quick look at the link you posted; however, it doesn't appear to go anywhere, apart from an error page on MySpace - possibly because I've never had a MySpace account.

Would it be possible for you to take a screenshot for me? If it's a MySpace member using photos illegally, we'll do our best to do what we can, but sometimes it's very difficult. Either way, I'm a little uncertain as to what's going on - because I can't see the page. If you could clarify it for me, I'll look straight into it.

Thanks,
-Gofly
Living the high life on my ex-Airliners.net Moderator pension...

MCOflyer

Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:22 am

Gofly,

It appears to be that way as I recognize photos on that page.

Hunter
Never be afraid to stand up for who you are.

aaflt1871
Topic Author

Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:15 pm

Quoting Gofly (Reply 1):
If you could clarify it for me, I'll look straight into it.

The page was deleted. It was registered to Monique Mayes.

Skip it, it is still there

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ser.viewprofile&friendid=230305515

[Edited 2008-07-24 15:22:36]
Where did everybody go?

Granite

Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:49 pm

Hi all

A legit page, set up by Monique with headscreeners allowing the use of their images.

Regards

Gary