Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

CXfirst
Topic Author

Idea: Rating For Trip-Reports

Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:01 pm

I don't know if this has been proposed before, if so, I'm sorry for wasting your time.

In the Trip-Report forum there are a couple excellent trip reports, and some that just don't deliver as much. I thought it would be a good idea to have a rating system for readers. Just like the photos, viewers should be able to rate them 1 to 5 stars regarding their quality. On the front Trip-Report forum page there could be a section behind each trip-report with the average rating and the number of people that have rated it. This will encourage better trip-reports, and will be a helpful guide for readers when choosing which report to read.

Anyone agree with me?

Thank You.

PS. I know fixing bugs is a priority, and I agree that this should still be held as a priority on this site.

-CXfirst

srbmod

RE: Idea: Rating For Trip-Reports

Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:35 pm

Years back, we actually did have a star ratings for threads in all of the forums. I cannot find the exact reason why it was deleted, but there was a bit of a childish use of the system. Some folks would low rate the threads of those users they hated and highly rate those of those they liked.

sandrozrh

Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:32 pm

That's a great idea, i've actually been thinking about this aswell, but:

Quoting Srbmod (Reply 1):
Some folks would low rate the threads of those users they hated and highly rate those of those they like

That's exactly why I thought it wouldnt work. Then again, the TR forum is probably the most "mature" forum here, so it might work indeed.

Pope

Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:52 pm

I would suggest a search function for the trip reports where four pieces of info would be required DEPATURE AIRPORT / ARRIVAL AIRPORT / Carrier Utilized and Class of Service Flown.

This would allow someone to search the trip reports like the photo database.

OHLHD

Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:47 am

A very good idea! There are some fantastic reports in this section which are worth reading more then once!

Quoting SandroZRH (Reply 2):
That's exactly why I thought it wouldnt work. Then again, the TR forum is probably the most "mature" forum here, so it might work indeed

checkmark  no childish A vs. B and stuff!!!  Smile

ag92

Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:14 pm

Love the OP's idea

Quoting Pope (Reply 3):
I would suggest a search function for the trip reports where four pieces of info would be required DEPATURE AIRPORT / ARRIVAL AIRPORT / Carrier Utilized and Class of Service Flown.

Love your idea as well