PanAm747
Topic Author

How To Delete My Pictures From Profile?

Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:19 pm

The pictures I have uploaded to the a.net database need to be deleted so that I can upload new ones.

Unfortunately, I cannot find the information on how to delete these pictures - I can find lots of information on how to ADD them, but not in reverse.

Yes, I have tried a search - nothing came up.

Please advise!! And thanks in advance!!
Pan Am:The World's Most Experienced Airline - P(oor) S(ailor's) A(irline): San Diego's Hometown Airline-Catch Our Smile!

jorge1812

Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:54 pm

Do you mean the Photo database or the pics fro the forums?

In the database the pics can only be deleted by editors and so on. The best would be to contact the screeners via mail

But

Quoting PanAm747 (Thread starter):
need to be deleted so that I can upload new ones.

WHY! No need to delete pics in the database for new ones, there's no limit. You can re-upload them if you have better versions available now.

https://www.airliners.net/reupload/

georg

PanAm747
Topic Author

Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:16 pm

Quote:
PanAm747, you have used up 9,873,198 bytes of your total space of 10,000,000 bytes

I do not have any pictures in the official a.net database - I don't have the high-quality type they require. I am talking about my own personal pictures. If I want to add more images - specifically for my next trip report without having to resort to just a link to my Flickr page - then I need to delete the old images.

I have searched but cannot find instructions on how to do this.
Pan Am:The World's Most Experienced Airline - P(oor) S(ailor's) A(irline): San Diego's Hometown Airline-Catch Our Smile!

ming11

RE: How To Delete My Pictures Here?

Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:36 pm

Just go to your profile and there should be a "delete" link below every photo thumbnail. You will get a popup window asking for confirmation. Once you confirm and close the popup, make sure to refresh your profile page to see that the photo has indeed deleted. Your photo space usage should also decrease.

Please let me know if that is not the case for you.

Thanks, Ming

[Edited 2009-02-20 10:38:30]

diamond

RE: How To Delete My Pictures From Profile?

Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:44 pm

PanAM747,

If you're properly logged in you'll see "edit" and "delete" beneath each photo as shown in the example below.

Blank.

PanAm747
Topic Author

RE: How To Delete My Pictures From Profile?

Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:08 pm

Thank you to all for your quick replies!!

Here is what I was missing - I was only clicking on "profile" in the forums. Apparently, that is only for editing my profile. That explains why no pictures were appearing.

To see the full profile, you must click on your username on the homepage, which will take you to the full profile. There you can edit information as well as delete photos.

I did not know this - but it is clear to me now. I wish this information was in the "Posting Help" section!!

Thank you again!!

[Edited 2009-02-20 11:13:01]