Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

paulinbna
Topic Author

[email protected]

Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:53 pm

I tried to email [email protected] to report some spam sent used by the contact button but it got bounced back three times. Is the email working?
Canon 50D user; 100-400 MM L IS 10-22 MM, 60MM Macro

EI787

RE: [email protected]

Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:02 pm

Yes, the email addresses are working. However, we are finding that Google Apps (the program we use for A.net mail) are bouncing back any emails which include a spam email within. I presume you are forwarding a copy of the spam email? If so, this is more than likely the reason.

If the spam was sent by a member of this site, please email the Moderators ([email protected]) and we will take necessary action. If it was just sent by a member of the public, the best way to stop future spam is to change your profile settings so only fellow members can contact you.

paulinbna
Topic Author

Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:06 am

Quoting EI787 (Reply 1):
If it was just sent by a member of the public, the best way to stop future spam is to change your profile settings so only fellow members can contact you.

Why would I do this as most people that contact me about picture usage are not members of the site.
Canon 50D user; 100-400 MM L IS 10-22 MM, 60MM Macro

diamond

Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:55 am

Quoting Paulinbna (Reply 2):
Why would I do this as most people that contact me about picture usage are not members of the site.

You opened this thread in the context of reporting spam - not in the context of legitimate inquiries about your photos. So the response made by EI787 above addresses your concern about spam, and he mentioned one solution to that problem.

If you want to remain contactable by anyone via your profile, you will expose yourself to a higher risk of spam emails. And if that spammer is 'on file' with Google, they will bounce it back to you when you attempt to forward it to us.

One solution to this problem is to make a screenshot of the the spam message and send it to Support as a .jpeg image.
Blank.