Ps76
Topic Author

Very Slow Uploading Trip Reports?

Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:43 pm

Hello(!),

Just wanted to report that I'm finding uploading trip reports very slow. It takes like 2-3 minutes to upload a report and it often times out and says the server is busy. So what I do it cut the report up into small segments and upload like 6-7 pics at a time (although it still takes 2 min. to get to the preview page and then another 2 min. to go through).

Is this only me having this problem. It might be because I use Tinypic.com to host my photos but once the report is there the pics load fine.

Any help/info welcome.

Many thanks,

Pierre.

scottjungwirth

RE: Very Slow Uploading Trip Reports?

Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:27 pm

When an image is included in a post, our server will check the image in order to check that it it's dimensions are not too large, so the delay you are experiencing is probably because of a slow download speed from the tinypic.com server.
¤ © â ™ ¤se ™ © áếng Việ

Ps76
Topic Author

Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:57 am

Hello(!),

Just to say many thanks for the info etc. Will try another picture hosting service (will have a look to see what other users are using or is there any recommended suggestions?)

Many thanks,

Pierre

a1ring23

Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:38 pm

Quoting Ps76 (Reply 2):

Photobucket, but there is a bandwidth limit every month unless you upgrade to pro..
Where's the accelerometer on this thing?

Luftfahrer

Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:47 am

Quoting Ps76 (Reply 2):

flickr! I basically host all my pictures there - because it's free of charge and the quality is superb. The "basic" version is limited to 100MB upload per month and to a maximum aspect ratio of 1024 pixel.
Photobucket isn't the real deal, as A1ring23 pointed out there's a monthly bandwith limit for the free version that you are likely going to exceed when you post a trip report, as it will be read by a large amount of users.

Best regards  Smile
'He resembled a pilot, which to a seaman is trustworthiness personified.' Joseph Conrad