Tiger119
Topic Author

Trip Report Question

Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:20 pm

I have never posted a question in the trip report forum nor have I read any of them. I am sure they are all interesting and informative. My question is do all topics have to be totally aviation related or can they be a combination of road travel and air travel on the same trip? Thank you,

David
Flying is the second greatest thrill known to mankind, landing is the first!

BMI727

RE: Trip Report Question

Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:45 pm

Quoting Tiger119 (Thread starter):
My question is do all topics have to be totally aviation related or can they be a combination of road travel and air travel on the same trip?

Usually they focus heavily on the flights, which makes sense. That said, it is not uncommon for people to include pictures and descriptions of their destinations as well.
Why do Aerospace Engineering students have to turn things in on time?

dalb777

Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:46 am

I have never posted a question in the trip report forum nor have I read any of them. I am sure they are all interesting and informative. My question is do all topics have to be totally aviation related or can they be a combination of road travel and air travel on the same trip? Thank you,

David

I have seen trip reports where Point A to Point B is by train and Point B to Point A are by plane. Take a look at these from MSYTristar:
Across The U.S Twice By Plane And Train (pics!) (by MSYtristar May 30 2007 in Trip Reports) Amtrak/UA Trip Report; MSY-LAX-MSY; 71 Pics (by MSYtristar Nov 10 2006 in Trip Reports)
Geaux Tigers! Geaux Hornets! Geaux Saints! WHO DAT!!!

richm

Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:53 pm

David

It depends on how much detail you want to go into. That said, imo there's nothing wrong with including photos and descriptions of your travels prior to arriving at the airport. I personally think that it helps towards making a better, more informative trip report.

Rich

Tiger119
Topic Author

Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:54 am

Quoting RichM (Reply 3):
It depends on how much detail you want to go into. That said, imo there's nothing wrong with including photos and descriptions of your travels prior to arriving at the airport. I personally think that it helps towards making a better, more informative trip report

- Thank you, I will consider posting a trip report (this past weekend to Florida). When I left there it was 45F, got off the plane at IND, 20F! I wanted to go back!
Flying is the second greatest thrill known to mankind, landing is the first!

Superfly

Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:51 am

Quoting RichM (Reply 3):
It depends on how much detail you want to go into. That said, imo there's nothing wrong with including photos and descriptions of your travels prior to arriving at the airport. I personally think that it helps towards making a better, more informative trip report.

checkmark 

I almost always talk about the place I visit in my trip reports. We all like to travel at this site so it's good to hear about other member's experience once they reach their destination and all places in between.
Flight only trip reports are rather boring unless it involves a rare aircraft, soon to be retired airliner, soon to be defunct airline, charter flight, inaugural flight, premium class, hard to enter country, airline that is rarely seen in trip reports and of course a crashed flight that one lives to tell.

Quoting Tiger119 (Reply 4):
I will consider posting a trip report (this past weekend to Florida).

Many would be interested to hear about accommodations in a tourist destination like Florida during these tough economic times.

Quoting Dalb777 (Reply 2):
I have seen trip reports where Point A to Point B is by train and Point B to Point A are by plane. Take a look at these from MSYTristar:

Across The U.S Twice By Plane And Train (pics!) (by MSYtristar May 30 2007 in Trip Reports)
Amtrak/UA Trip Report; MSY-LAX-MSY; 71 Pics (by MSYtristar Nov 10 2006 in Trip Reports)

Those are great trip reports too!  yes 

Here are some of my trip reports that involves more than just travel.  mischievous 
Superfly Completes Trip Around The World (by Superfly Jul 10 2006 in Trip Reports)#1
Cubana IL-62 Experience. Fantastic! (by Superfly Jun 18 2001 in Trip Reports)
Larry Craig, NWA DC9, Midwest 717 And Lots Of Beer (by Superfly Nov 28 2007 in Trip Reports)#1
Superfly Returns To Thailand;TG Royal 1st. 747-300 (by Superfly Mar 19 2007 in Trip Reports)#1
Detroit Rock City (SFO-PHL-DTW) (by Superfly May 11 2009 in Trip Reports)
Business Class; Cathay Pacific & UA; BKK-SIN-SFO (by Superfly Mar 12 2008 in Trip Reports)#1
Bring back the Concorde

OA260

Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:52 am

As long as your travel includes air maybe 30% ( as a guide ) the rest on trains/boats etc.. makes it more interesting. I have done many cruise / Air reports and got decent feedback. A-Z reports are the most interesting IMHO.

NZ107

Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:00 am

Some reports on things like trains etc have been moved to the non-av forum. But it doesn't stop you from adding photos about the rest of your journey because a lot of people like looking at things like hotels and general sightseeing around the area. In this TR of mine: A Whale Of A Time: Emirates A380 Inaugural SYD-AKL (by NZ107 Feb 15 2009 in Trip Reports) I added plenty of pictures of my time in Sydney as well. I also remember a TR from Flieger: Under Or Above The Channel?: BA/Eurostar To LCY (by FLIEGER67 Oct 5 2009 in Trip Reports) - the title is self explanatory.. Train vs Plane.
It's all about the destination AND the journey.