Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

STT757
Topic Author

Sexual Preference As User Names..

Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:22 pm

Since these are aviation forums I don't understand the need to put out sexual preferences in usernames, seems better suited for dating sites or Facebook or whatever..

Not looking to start something or to insult anyone, I just wanted to hear opinions pro and against so I can see the logic behind the decisions. Like I said, maybe I'm totally in the wrong by asking, but just wanted to hear comments. If I offend anyone I apologize.

Thanks.

[Edited 2010-01-26 07:38:25]
Eastern Air lines flt # 701, EWR-MCO Boeing 757

Cadet57

RE: Sexual Preference As User Names..

Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:42 pm

I don't understand it either. I don't care either way what someone's sexual orientation is. But do they need to announce it to the world? Really quite tasteless imo.
Doors open, right hand side, next stop is Springfield.

ManuCH

Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:14 pm

As long as the username isn't offensive it's OK, according to this rule:

4g. Your username must not be offensive. If a new account is created with an inappropriate username, the account will be canceled.

Tasteless, maybe, but to each his own.
Never trust a statistic you didn't fake yourself

kiwiandrew

Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:26 am

Frankly I think this is a storm in a teacup .

I can only think of one username I have seen that alludes to sexual orientation ( gayrugbyman ) and I cant actually think of any usernames I have seen which allude to sexual preference (though I guess the OP could enlighten me since he or she obviously has encountered at least one ) but in any case I am quite neutral it neither titillates me nor upsets me . It doesnt seem to me that "gayrugbyman" for example , is putting any more emphasis on his sexual orientation than he is on the fact that he either comes from the town of Rugby or follows/plays the sport of rugby , and obviously says nothing at all about his actual sexual preferences , it is just telling us a little about him in the same way that "kiwiandrew" tells you that I am originally from New Zealand and that my name is Andrew , no doubt some people would say that they really dont need to know that about me . Some people choose usernames that hint at their religious or political beliefs , no more and no less valid than alluding to their orientation - would that be the next target in the great username purge if we decided to have one ?

I think that ManuCH has summed it up admirably - unless there seems to be reason to believe that someone has deliberately chosen an offensive username then I think that peoples usernames ( unlike their sexual orientation   ) are purely a matter of personal preference .

[Edited 2010-01-26 17:51:09 by kiwiandrew]

KaiGywer

Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:33 am

I can't remember ever seeing a username denoting sexual preference. In the example above, maybe he's a happy guy from Rugby, ND?  Smile
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an

STT757
Topic Author

Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:52 pm

Quoting KaiGywer (Reply 4):
I can't remember ever seeing a username denoting sexual preference.

"gaystudpilot"

What's your take on that username?.. There are a few others..

CanadianDC10

Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:14 pm

Agreed. I think it's completely irrelevant information. It also just sounds really silly...

Fly2HMO

Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:24 pm

I couldn't care less honestly. While we're at it, why don't we also ban all those users with name preferring Airbus over Boeing, Gatwick over LHR, Jetblue over Southwest, etc etc etc...

And before I get flamed, HMO is an airport code, for freaks sake. I was an idiot and didn't consider the implications of my user name until after I paid the fee   

Sorry to disappoint those of you in the pink squad.   

[Edited 2010-01-27 09:28:51]

STT757
Topic Author

Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:27 pm

Quoting FLY2HMO (Reply 7):
While we're at it, why don't we also ban all those users with name preferring Airbus over Boeing, Gatwick over LHR, Jetblue over Southwest, etc etc etc...

Why, they have to do with aviation. Which makes sense in an aviation community.

kiwiandrew

Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:03 pm

Quoting STT757 (Reply 5):

Quoting KaiGywer (Reply 4):
I can't remember ever seeing a username denoting sexual preference.

"gaystudpilot"

That username certainly seems to give an indication of the users sexual orientation , but it gives no information about their sexual preferences so far as I can see , perhaps you would care to enlighten me ? What does it tell you about their preferences ?

richm

Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:39 pm

What's your take on that username?.. There are a few others..

This could be a sensitive issue for some. With that in mind, it's perhaps best not to publicly mention specific names. In general, If you feel that a user's username may be violating the site rules, feel free to contact the moderators at: [email protected]

My personal opinion is that this really shouldn't be an issue. If people wish to disclose their sexuality in such a way, then that's entirely up to them.

Rich

[Edited 2010-01-27 12:48:37]

Cadet57

Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:05 pm

Quoting RichM (Reply 10):
If people wish to disclose their sexuality in such a way, then that's entirely up to them.

What about those here that would take offense to the name? Do they not get the same consideration? As I said above, I don't care either way what someone's name is, I just find them tasteless.
Doors open, right hand side, next stop is Springfield.

kiwiandrew

Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:58 pm

Quoting Cadet57 (Reply 11):
What about those here that would take offense to the name?

I think we are heading down a very dangerous path if we start looking at banning names because a single individual chooses to get offended about it, some people may choose to be offended by names which denote sexual orientation , others may choose to be offended by usernames which indicate religious or political affiliations, some members may choose to be offended by names which hint at a users ethnicity , indeed some members could choose to be offended by those users who have selected 'militaristic' or 'nationalistic' usernames , so where would a line be drawn ?

I think the mods are stuck with the thankless task of walking a very fine line here and probably need to try to work to a consensus on what is and is not offensive rather than responding to one off complaints and I also think individual members need to think carefully about why they choose to allow a particular username to offend them .

Airport

Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:25 pm

Seriously? In this forum where we can talk about the exciting world of commercial aviation, military science, and aeronautical engineering beyond our imagination; where we can discuss invigorating topics with amateurs and professionals alike; where we can talk to the ends of the earth about photography with people from all around the globe, and where with the click of a few buttons, have access to a database of the world's greatest aviation photos of all different variety from all sorts of places...people really care about this enough to get offended? Seriously? Sheesh, it's time some of us turned off the computer and went outside from time to time.

Plainplane

Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:09 am

Interestingly enough, GAY is actually an airport code for Gaya Airport (VEGY) in India.

OA412

Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:21 am

I don't have any problem with it even if I personally would not choose a username that explicitly lists my sexual orientation for an aviation related site. Some people are very open about their sexual orientation and wear it on their sleeve and the inclusion of such in their username is just a part of who they are.
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West

Fly2HMO

Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:07 am

Quoting STT757 (Reply 8):
Why, they have to do with aviation. Which makes sense in an aviation community.

You missed my point. I doubt if my username was "LaserStr8studmuffin" it would have caused any complaints  Yeah sure

diamond

Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:20 am

While it may not be 'necessary' to denote one's orientation in their username, it's not 'harmful' for them to do so as long as the username is not offensive.

It is similarly not necessary for someone to indicate their gender in a username, and yet we have:

347 usernames ending in " ... guy "

441 usernames ending in " ... boy "

63 usernames ending in " ... girl "

8 usernames ending in " ... lady "

etc. etc.

None of these usernames, whether gender or orientation based, have caused any problems.
Blank.

mariner

Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:23 pm

Quoting Kiwiandrew (Reply 12):
I think we are heading down a very dangerous path if we start looking at banning names because a single individual chooses to get offended about it

checkmark 

Back in the early 1980's, the Sydney Morning Herald would not accept an ad from me (looking for a temporary rental) because I described myself as "cheerful".

They said "cheerful" was an obvious euphemism for sexual preference.

What can I say - I am, by nature, cheerful. LOL. And anyone offended by this would have the vapors if they knew why I chose my username.

I thought the world had changed a bit, for the better. Guess I was wrong.

mariner
aeternum nauta

OA260

Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:33 pm

Quoting STT757 (Thread starter):
Since these are aviation forums I don't understand the need to put out sexual preferences in usernames, seems better suited for dating sites or Facebook or whatever

What makes it better for Facebook in your opinion? Why the split ?

---------

"gaystudpilot"

I personally wouldnt choose a username like that as it kind of could suggest ''loving themselves'' or up their own backside but then again there are plenty like that who dont have unique or specific usernames . Nothing to do with being Gay!!

HMO

LOL...

If someone wants to choose a username then as long as its not offensive then its fine. You may look and think ''thats a bit weird'' but then thats what makes Anet varied and unique. Its made up of all races,genders and sexual orientation's.

Mir

Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:10 am

And before I get flamed, HMO is an airport code, for freaks sake. I was an idiot and didn't consider the implications of my user name until after I paid the fee   

Sorry to disappoint those of you in the pink squad.

See, at first I thought you were in the health insurance industry....  crazy 

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

AA737-823

Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:46 pm

As a charter member of a.net, or at least a really old one, please read my comments with the understanding that I want what is best for the maturation and education of the community. We're here to look at (database) and discuss (forums) AIRLINERS, in an effort to appreciate and educate/be educated.

Quoting Kiwiandrew (Reply 12):
I think we are heading down a very dangerous path if we start looking at banning names because a single individual chooses to get offended about it, some people may choose to be offended by names which denote sexual orientation

It's quite unfair, though. Simply because a certain genre of usernames doesn't offend YOU, doesn't mean that it isn't uncomfortable to someone else.

Example? Sure, I'll take it there... albeit in a respectful manner. If I were to make a username that had a religious connotation, it would raise eyebrows, even if it were decidedly pro-atheistic. And it should raise eyebrows: a username is no place to champion controversial lifestyle choices, be they religious, political, or sexual.

For example, "RepublicanMD80lover" is, in my opinion, questionable. I love MD-80s, and I am not opposed to the existence of the republican political party. Similarly, "Gettinsumfrumastewardess," "likesgirls," "wannaovernightwithme," and several fictitious others I can think of would be inappropriate.

I really question a person's self-worth if the ONE THING they wish to communicate to me through their username is NOTHING to do with airplanes, airlines, etc, but rather their sexual orientation. I mean... really? You don't have any more valuable piece of character to share than.... what anatomical properties turn you on?

There are children here on the board... at least, young adolescents. I highly doubt that anyone intended for their younger kids (who LOVE aviation already, just as I did as a kid, and DESERVE the chance to learn more!) to receive a lesson about sexual orientation.

Quoting Mariner (Reply 18):

Lol... weird how different parts of the world have different euphemisms. "Cheerful," to my knowledge, has never been associated with 'homosexual' here in the States!!!

I hope everyone can read what I have written and, rather than be upset by it, simply GROW UP a bit.
When did the bedroom make its way to airliners.net???

[Edited 2010-01-29 04:53:25]

CrimsonNL

Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:40 pm

If we start removing all usernames people can take offense to, we would only remain with numbers I suppose, of course minus numbers like 666 or 13. Give it a break. This really makes me think about that South Park episode where they try to create a Christmas play which wouldn't offend anyone.
Always comparing your flown types list with mine

mariner

Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:06 pm

Quoting AA737-823 (Reply 21):

Perhaps it isn't about the bedroom?

I really question a person's self-worth if the ONE THING they wish to communicate to me through their username is NOTHING to do with airplanes, airlines, etc, but rather their sexual orientation. I mean... really? You don't have any more valuable piece of character to share than.... what anatomical properties turn you on?

Even if you are right, does that mean that people with low self-esteem can't have an opinion?

And since I assume you are talking about those who indicate they are gay - how else do anatomical properties come into it? - you are skating on thin ice if you equate being gay just with anatomical properties.

As for the religious and political issues, I like to know who I'm dealing with in my debates. If I think someone is a born again Christian, or rabidly right wing in their politics, I may think twice before engaging them, or in what tone - as happened with you.

Your signature, for example, gave me considerable pause. I thought twice about whether I would bother to reply.

mariner
aeternum nauta

OA260

Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:12 pm

I hope everyone can read what I have written and, rather than be upset by it, simply GROW UP a bit.

scratchchin 

Quoting Mariner (Reply 23):
Perhaps it isn't about the bedroom?

Glad someone else noticed that. Some people really need to GROW UP a bit if they think thats what being Gay means.

diamond

Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:02 pm

This isn't about bedrooms. And one can assume that your "GROW UP" remark is meant to imply that people who differ with you are being immature? It isn't about maturity either.

If I were to make a username that had a religious connotation, it would raise eyebrows

It may not be in your username itself, but it's one click away.

In your own user profile - you have made a point to state that you did not vote for our current president. And you've affirmed your relationship with Jesus Christ. What do those things have to do with Aviation? Should we disallow those remarks so that our younger members do not get religious or political indoctrination by accidentally viewing your profile?

Of course not. Your profile is just fine, and is a reflection of what is important to you.

Similarly, some of the usernames you're questioning contain a word that represents something important to others. While you may not be able to relate to it, there's little point in arguing that your values are ok and someone else's values are not ok.

That is short-sighted. It may have nothing to do with anatomy or "turn-ons" at all. It may have to do with someone struggling with secrecy and oppression for decades and finally reaching a point in their lives where they no longer want to suppress it and keep it hidden. It could be a simple statement of "I'm not ashamed of who I am" instead of a lurid come-on, as you're portraying it.

And it should raise eyebrows: a username is no place to champion controversial lifestyle choices, be they religious, political, or sexual.

You assume that it's controversial. You assume that it's a choice. Neither of those assumptions can be debated in the Site-Related forum.
Blank.

Fly2HMO

Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:22 pm

Quoting Mir (Reply 20):
See, at first I thought you were in the health insurance industry...

LOL I haven't heard that one in a while 

ManuCH

Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:45 pm

We're here to look at (database) and discuss (forums) AIRLINERS, in an effort to appreciate and educate/be educated.

This site is about aviation, but also about other things. For instance, there's a Non-Aviation forum where many things are discussed - including religion, politics and sexual orientation. Of course every user may choose whether to read or not to read the Non-Aviation forum, or specific threads inside it.

Simply because a certain genre of usernames doesn't offend YOU, doesn't mean that it isn't uncomfortable to someone else.

You talk about growing up. In my opinion, part of growing up also consists in learning not to be offended about a small word appearing in a username. Let's face it, sexual orientation is part of our lives - be it straight or gay. Expressing it shouldn't be offensive, as long as it isn't done in a vulgar way or with harsh words. Unfortunately our own rules don't allow me to make an example here, but it's pretty obvious.

a username is no place to champion controversial lifestyle choices, be they religious, political, or sexual.

Calling sexual orientation a lifestyle choice, that's what I call controversial. It would merit its own Non-Aviation thread. Just as being part of some religions may be considered a choice, while others say you're born with it. I am an atheist, but I'm not offended by usernames like MuslimPilot, CatholicRamper or MormonMD80. And I'm also not offended by StraightBaggageCartHandler, if you get my drift.

You don't have any more valuable piece of character to share than.... what anatomical properties turn you on?

Part of the growing up process also consists in learning that homosexuality isn't only about anatomical properties and bedrooms. Just like straight couples aren't only about sex. There's way more than that involved. But again, this would be a nice discussion for the same Non-Aviation thread I mentioned above.

There are children here on the board... at least, young adolescents. I highly doubt that anyone intended for their younger kids (who LOVE aviation already, just as I did as a kid, and DESERVE the chance to learn more!) to receive a lesson about sexual orientation.

A username isn't a lesson about sexual orientation. It's just that - a username. Airliners.net is open to everyone from age 13 up, and let's face it: today's 13 year olds aren't living behind the moon. All of them know what "gay" means, at least if they've surfed the Internet before. Nothing new to learn here. And having a username containing someone's sexual orientation in it still doesn't force anyone to *become* gay or straight.

What's my point? "Live and let live". Respect Muslims, Catholics, gays, straights, republicans and democrats. Everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion, as long as they don't want to force said opinion on you - which they definitely don't, if all they do is picking a username to express it.

LASoctoberB6

Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:35 am

Quoting ManuCH (Reply 27):
For instance, there's a Non-Aviation forum where many things are discussed - including religion, politics and sexual orientation.

After reading through 26 replies, I was wondering why this was only just now mentioned. Maybe I didn't notice cause I'm just that tired..
[NOT IN SERVICE] {WEStJet}

Airport

Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:29 am

Similarly, "Gettinsumfrumastewardess," "likesgirls," "wannaovernightwithme," and several fictitious others I can think of would be inappropriate.

Hahaha, with respect, I laughed out loud enough for the examples you gave that I honestly don't think I'd have a problem with it. I see what you're saying though.

I just still think it's not a big deal at all. It's much ado about nothing. If it bothers you, big deal, the world keeps turning. I'm sure I would feel quite uncomfortable if someone's username was "ThankGodFor911" or "IHateGayPeople" or "TheGuyWithUsernameAirportSux"...

But would I call for their banning? Nah.

For one because it's just not a big deal to me at all, and I browse this site for probably 5 hours a day, simply for the fact that I have no measurable amount of life whatsoever. But also because that username reflects who they are. I really doubt anybody could be taken very seriously with usernames like that.

My 2 pennies.

Doona

Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:08 pm

And it should raise eyebrows: a username is no place to champion controversial lifestyle choices

You'd do well to realize that there are places in the world where being gay neither constitutes a lifestyle choice, nor is controversial. Where I live, using those terms to describe gay people would be considered controversial, funnily enough. Not that we go around changing usernames or indeed given names to include our sexual orientation simply because of that, but still.

BTW, there was a kid on here a few years back who had the username "ILOVEBOI" or something similar. Poor soul kept trying to convince people he was referring to Boise, and not boys. Pretty funny, IMO.

Cheers
Mats (Considering changing his username to GayFlamingDoona, which, he admits, does have a nice ring to it)
Sure, we're concerned for our lives. Just not as concerned as saving 9 bucks on a roundtrip to Ft. Myers.

Braybuddy

Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:43 am

Quoting Mariner (Reply 18):

Which gives a whole new meaning to the standard Aussie "Cheers mate!". Woudln't life be terribly dull without these interfering busybodies?

September11

Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:32 pm

Quoting ManuCH (Reply 27):
StraightBaggageCartHandler

You'll never see that here. Too long.. Maximum of 15 characters. Moot point, I know.

I would be offended by the username of IHateGays.   

[Edited 2010-02-12 09:50:48]
Airliners.net of the Future

EZEIZA

Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:21 pm

Are we seriously discussing about this? Who cares if someone's name is "gayaviationlover"? How can this offend anyone and why should it not be allowed?
Unless there is a specific rule saying that the username must be aviation related (which I wouldn't understand), sexual orientation, religion, political views should be allowed in the username as long as no one is offended IMHO
Carp aunque ganes o pierdas ...

kiwiandrew

Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:57 pm

Quoting EZEIZA (Reply 33):
Unless there is a specific rule saying that the username must be aviation related (which I wouldn't understand), sexual orientation, religion, political views should be allowed in the username as long as no one is offended IMHO

You said "as long as no one is offended" but what happens if one single person chooses to be offended by a particular username ? There is already a contributor to this thread who seems to have decided to be offended by someones username ,so would a username get deleted because of that one persons decision ? I think that this is one of those cases where rather than saying 'no one' we really do have to leave it to the moderators to look at it case by case and conclude whether a username is "offensive" in a general sense rather than just something that one person chooses to take exception to .

ManuCH

Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:19 pm

Quoting kiwiandrew (Reply 34):
I think that this is one of those cases where rather than saying 'no one' we really do have to leave it to the moderators to look at it case by case and conclude whether a username is "offensive" in a general sense rather than just something that one person chooses to take exception to .

Exactly. If we had to delete every single username that offends a person, that would be our only occupation. We have to evaluate on a case by case basis, the username must be offensive "in general" in order to be deleted.

AeroWesty

Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:21 pm

I'm far more offended by a.net asking me to list my "gender" rather than my "sex" in my profile.

What is gender.

I've always thought it to be a serious faux pas, as by definition, my "sex" is male while my "gender" is homosexual.

[Edited 2010-02-14 12:24:45]
International Homo of Mystery

JohnKrist
Head Support

Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:26 am

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 36):
my "sex" is male while my "gender" is homosexual

Interresting, I have never thought of homosexuality as a gender, more a sexual preference. Not that I like sexual preference either since that puts focus on the "business side" of love... Gender to me is your sex identity, and has little to do with what you are equipped with and more a feeling of what you are. It is neither feminin or masculine to be gay, it's just love. I wouldn't say my gender is straight.

Regarding user names I see nothing wrong with MuslimPilot, GayRampGuy, or DemocratSteward. IHateJews, KillCommies and BanStraihgtPeople would be insulting though!
5D Mark III, 7D, 17-40 F4 L, 70-200 F2.8 L IS II, Canon 50mm 1.4, Sigma 50mm 1.4 ART, Sigma 105mm 1.4 ART, EF 1.4x II, EF 2x III, SPEEDLITE 600EX-RT

tootallsd

Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:58 pm

Quoting Doona (Reply 30):
Cheers
Mats (Considering changing his username to GayFlamingDoona, which, he admits, does have a nice ring to it)

With your lead-in, then I would transition to Smoking Queen, not because I smoke or because I am a feminine gay man but rather it was the hysterical way that an available hotel room was described to me at check and I've always enjoyed the 'ring' of it.

He he, ring.
Tom

sw733

Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:01 pm

Quoting Diamond (Reply 17):

63 usernames ending in " ... girl "

8 usernames ending in " ... lady "

Wait wait wait...I think we are all overlooking a MAJOR thing here. There are 71 females on a.net?!?!

Rj111

Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:09 pm

I wouldn't say it's offensive. Just a bit overinformative.

deltal1011man

Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:09 pm

Quoting Airport (Reply 29):
But would I call for their banning? Nah.

i may be upset with the 9/11 one....but i think the point is made. (and one would hope the mods wouldn't go for someone being happy about 3,000 people getting killed)

Quoting sw733 (Reply 39):
Wait wait wait...I think we are all overlooking a MAJOR thing here. There are 71 females on a.net?!?!

+1.
and whats bad is it took 22 post for someone to pick up on it....         

DAL7e7

Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:21 pm

I personally am made uncomfortable by a previously mentioned username but I didn't report it or anything. Anyone know why?

Its not my place.

Who am I to call someone out on how they describe themselves? That's not right by any stretch. Not to mention that "offensive" has a different meaning to everyone, making it difficult to know what is acceptable. The way that some people think that something should be changed just because they think it should is ridiculous. Some people say its not a maturity thing, but it is.

And I don't mean that because you're uncomfortable about it you're immature. I'm saying that because you don't like it and think it should be changed for you that you're immature.

This reminds me of what I do when I see a frivolous or argumentative post/thread. I roll my eyes, sigh, and move on to the next reply/thread.

Just my 2 cents.

War Eagle!
DAL7e7
DAL7e7 is wondering... Do pilots take crash courses?

HorizonGirl

Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:25 am

I think that as long as people don't get outrageous or obviously offensive with stating their preferences in their usernames, then it's not a problem. If it's a large part of who they are, or it's something they strongly identify with, then they should be able to express it.

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 36):
I'm far more offended by a.net asking me to list my "gender" rather than my "sex" in my profile.

I agree with this, sex is male or female, gender is whatever you feel inside you are. Just my opinion.

Quoting sw733 (Reply 39):
There are 71 females on a.net?!?!

There have to be more of us, I'm sure we didn't all put our gender in our username. People have been calling me "the Horizon Girl" since I can remember and it just so happened to be in there. First time I tried to make my username QXQ400 but that was taken.  

Devon
Flying high on the Wings of the Great Northwest!

JohnKrist
Head Support

Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:34 pm

Quoting HorizonGirl (Reply 43):
First time I tried to make my username QXQ400 but that was taken

And QX is a magazine for gay/lez/genderbenders in Sweden so an anti-gay person in Sweden could feel a bit offended, so it's almost impossible to not offend someone out of 5.5 billion people out there.
My username did also offend a guy, even though it's an abbrevation of my real name, Johnny Kristensen. He wrote that I was NOT Christ and was going to burn in hell for using the name of Jesus Christ together with my first name.
That was not on Anet though...
5D Mark III, 7D, 17-40 F4 L, 70-200 F2.8 L IS II, Canon 50mm 1.4, Sigma 50mm 1.4 ART, Sigma 105mm 1.4 ART, EF 1.4x II, EF 2x III, SPEEDLITE 600EX-RT

HorizonGirl

Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:05 pm

Quoting JohnKrist (Reply 44):
QX is a magazine for gay/lez/genderbenders in Sweden

Now I can only hope.. seeing as this is aviation forum.. when I say I love QX.....      

Quoting JohnKrist (Reply 44):
He wrote that I was NOT Christ and was going to burn in hell for using the name of Jesus Christ

Now that's just a little bit out there, that's your NAME for heaven's sake! It's true it's very hard not to offend at least someone, no matter what you say, but in some cases people should maybe lighten up? Just a bit?

Devon
Flying high on the Wings of the Great Northwest!