Coal
Topic Author

Changing The Site To All White

Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:31 pm

Hello

I really like the layout of the forums, especially compared to other forums which seem very messy in comparison. However, I've never liked the dark blue theme. I know at the top I can change it to other colors, but the forum body and the header will still be blue.

Any chance we could change it to white with a black font? I think it would look even more professional than it already is, and it would be easier for many of us to browse from the office   

Cheers
Coal
Nxt Flts: KE SIN-ICN-ATL | DL ATL-FLL | AA MIA-ATL | KE ATL-ICN-SIN

HT

RE: Changing The Site To All White

Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:39 pm

A.net's original color scheme is unique - and adds to its "brand".

Do not change a thing to it. - Or it will become just another one of these boring looking forum-websites !
-HT
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !

JBo

Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:18 pm

Black and White isn't professional, it's just boring.

There was a huge uproar when they first tried to change the color scheme around here, and they brought back "A.net Blue" as a result.

I also think this color scheme is much easier to read.
I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day.

2H4

Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:31 pm

Quoting Coal (Thread starter):
Any chance we could change it to white with a black font? I think it would look even more professional than it already is, and it would be easier for many of us to browse from the office

I think it would become far, far more harsh on the eyes.
Intentionally Left Blank

jetblast

Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:11 pm

Maybe it could just be an option offered for those who want it? It would be nice if an option would be added to change the forum body and text colours.
Speedbird Concorde One

srbmod

Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:58 pm

Quoting HT (Reply 1):
A.net's original color scheme is unique - and adds to its "brand".

Do not change a thing to it. - Or it will become just another one of these boring looking forum-websites !
-HT
Quoting JBo (Reply 2):
Black and White isn't professional, it's just boring.

There was a huge uproar when they first tried to change the color scheme around here, and they brought back "A.net Blue" as a result.

I also think this color scheme is much easier to read.

Changing the look of the site from it's classic blue to another color would be like Coca-Cola changing the color of the Coke can from red to green,

One thing to note is that even if there was a white background option, the posts would still be in the blue boxes they currently use. It would take a lot of recoding of the forum software to be able to have the forums with a white background and black letters. Such an option really does not add much to the site, as users prefer the current colors, as evidenced by the option to use the classic blue that the site is known for.

KingFriday013

Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:50 pm

There's always the print option, although I don't know where there's a button or anything for it. I usually find threads in this format on Google. Here's what it looks like for this thread... https://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...s/site_related/print.main?id=85453

-J.
Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you, By the livin' Gawd that made you, You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!

sn26567

Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:25 pm

Quoting srbmod (Reply 5):
Changing the look of the site from it's classic blue to another color would be like Coca-Cola changing the color of the Coke can from red to green,

That's exacctly what McDonalds has done, for the better. There should be no taboo. Give it a try!
ex-Sabena #26567

HT

Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:33 pm

Becoming off-topic, but ...:

Quoting KingFriday013 (Reply 6):
Here's what it looks like for this thread... https://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...85453

The footer in that URL still has (c) by "Lundgren Aerospace", while at the bottom of the forum page it says (c) by Demand Media (aka. DM).
Strange. Johan's sale to DM was quite some time ago ...
-HT
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !

srbmod

Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:55 pm

Quoting HT (Reply 8):
The footer in that URL still has (c) by "Lundgren Aerospace", while at the bottom of the forum page it says (c) by Demand Media (aka. DM).
Strange. Johan's sale to DM was quite some time ago ...

Demand Media owns Lundgren Aerospace.

HT

Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:38 pm

Quoting srbmod (Reply 9):
Demand Media owns Lundgren Aerospace.

My bad ! Thanks for the explanation.
Working for a company that recently was taken over by a competitor I am alerted to find references to / quotations of old company name in the most curious places ..
-HT

Fly2HMO

Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:31 am

Hell no! The blue is very very easy on the eyes. I much rather read on dark backgrounds and light colored fonts. It is MUCH less straining on the eyes.