737guy
Topic Author

Airliners.net Emails?

Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:57 am

For some reason I have no longer been receiving acceptance/reject emails from Airliners.net. Has something changed or is there a setting I somehow unchecked?
Mitchell Haughee

Soaring1972

RE: Airliners.net Emails?

Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:30 am

me too, since round about four months now
Thanks to all ONE-Star voters just to push a photograph down!!!

777ER
Head Moderator

Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:03 am

Deletion e-mails are still being automatically sent out. Maybe check your spam folder or have you changed e-mail address and haven't changed the e-mail address in your profile?
Head Forum Moderator
[email protected]
Flown: 1900D,S340,Q300,AT72-5/6,DC3,CR2/7,E145,E70/75/90,A319/20/21,A332/3,A359,A380,F100,B717,B733/4/8/9,B742/4,B752/3,B763,B772/3, B789
With: NZ,SJ,QF,JQ,EK,VA,AA,UA,DL,FL,AC,FJ,SQ,TG,PR

wilco737

Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:32 am

I have heard from several people that they do not receive any emails. Not in the spam folder and the email has not been changed. So I don't know what it is, but it sounds like a bug to me.

Thanks.

wilco737

A320ajm

Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:55 pm

I had a photo rejected and didn't get the email. Definitely isn't in my spam folder. I sent an email to customer services, got a reply, I replied to their message but I am still awaiting a reply off that.

Regards,
A320ajm
If the British Empire and its Commonwealth last for a thousand years, men will still say, 'This was their finest hour.'

TheCommodore

Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:46 am

Quoting wilco737 (Reply 3):
I have heard from several people that they do not receive any emails. Not in the spam folder and the email has not been changed. So I don't know what it is, but it sounds like a bug to me.

Hi Wilco737

I have not been receiving deletion emails either for some time now. This has been a problem for a long time, well over a year (at least with me) and I think from memory I emailed you about my concerns last year, nothing happened and I never followed it up any further.

I have checked, they are not in my my trash or spam folder, and I have not changed email address.
“At first, they'll only dislike what you say, but the more correct you start sounding the more they'll dislike you.”

glen

Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:41 am

Quoting TheCommodore (Reply 5):

I have not been receiving deletion emails either for some time now. This has been a problem for a long time, well over a year (at least with me) and I think from memory I emailed you about my concerns last year, nothing happened and I never followed it up any further.

I hadn't received any mails for months, if not years. Opened up a gmail account only for a.net and since then all mails get through.
Problem seems that with some providers the mails from airliners get classified as spam at a very early level and don't even make it to your spam folder.
"The horizon of many people is a circle with zero radius which they call their point of view." - Albert Einstein

photoshooter

Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:41 am

Quoting a320ajm (Reply 4):

Hello,

I sent you a reply. Apologies for the delay!

Quoting TheCommodore (Reply 5):

It's a known bug. It's hard to know when it's due to the browser or when it's a glitch. I'll follow this up and see what's the current status of this at the IT dept. Meanwhile, as you might know, you can check the status of your photo(s) in your photographer's corner (www.airliners.net/myphotos).

Quoting glen (Reply 6):

Yes, this could have some influence. Trying a different email account/ Internet browser could effect the quality of our website. I always suggest to use Google Mail/ Google Chrome when using Airliners.net. Small changes could have big impacts...  .

Kind regards,

Niek B.
Customer Service & Support
'A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.' - Winston Churchill

TheCommodore

Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:24 am

Quoting photoshooter (Reply 7):
It's a known bug. It's hard to know when it's due to the browser or when it's a glitch. I'll follow this up and see what's the current status of this at the IT dept. Meanwhile, as you might know, you can check the status of your photo(s) in your photographer's corner (www.airliners.net/myphotos).

Interesting you say "its a known bug" !

I have had some exchanges with a few of the Mods regarding this issue.

The understanding I gleaned from them, is that its a non issue.They firmly believe the fault lies with me at my end, however, I have been in contact with my server, and they assure me nothing is being blocked from my email by them and their spam filters ?

It may pay to brief the Mods as to this "problem" as its caused me untold grief in the past and at one stage I was temporally banned because I reposted something that had been deleted by them. However, I was never sent a deletion email, so was unaware !

Tried to explain, but it feel on deaf ears unfortunately.

Obviously, at that time, they were in the dark about all this. But if you now say its a known bug, it might be a good idea to let everyone know.

Thanks for your help with this   
“At first, they'll only dislike what you say, but the more correct you start sounding the more they'll dislike you.”

photoshooter

Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:33 pm

Quoting TheCommodore (Reply 8):

Sometimes it is unclear where the error exactly lays. 97% of the times it can be found on the user's side and 3% it's unexplained. That 3% is pretty much (too much for me).

The golden rule and we keep posting that in here is that every browser seems to react differently, I myself have the best experience with Gmail/Google chrome and it's providing me the best service based on automatic emails/replies. I categorize it as a bug because we could adjust our site and make it more compatible with other browsers but that's very, very hard to do so. Airliners.net is by far the only website having difficulties with for example IE or Safari... .

I'm sure the moderators know this, it's hard to know what exactly the problem is a few thousand miles away, not knowing what exactly you do on your side. You can not blame them, they know when they send a notification successfully or not.

Kind regards,

Niek B.
'A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.' - Winston Churchill

TheCommodore

Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:52 pm

Quoting photoshooter (Reply 9):
Kind regards,

Thanks Niek

Appreciate your response and thoughts on this.

I meant no disrespect to the mods of course, so I hope none was taken !

Its a demanding job, and one which Im sure, receives very little praise for the efforts put in by those responsible.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers   

GlenP

Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:19 am

Not having any luck whatsoever with emails from Airliners.net.

I've tried my default email address, a Virgin Media account & Gmail & can't even receive the email to confirm the updating of my email address.

No matter which browser I choose, IE 11, Chrome, Firefox, Opera it makes not one jot of difference

Nothing is even showing in my spam folders, at any of the three addresses.

Needless to say, I don't receive the daily newsletter & I daren't attempt to update my password, and attempts to email support, regarding another issue have come to nought.

Anyone got any fresh ideas as to how I might get around this issue?

Thanks in advance for suggestions.
Ubique Quo Fas et Gloria Ducunt

TheCommodore

Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:13 am

Quoting GlenP (Reply 11):
Not having any luck whatsoever with emails from Airliners.net.

Me too.

Have not been receiving emails now for ages, especially "deletion" emails from threads ?

Quoting photoshooter (Reply 7):

Hi Niek

I am still experiencing the problem with email notifications, appears other's are too.

Any luck into the cause of the problem ?

Pat (moderator) suggested I email support, but as you are support and you are already aware of this issue, I thought I'd just ask again here before I do that.

Cheers

TheCommodore

PanAm_DC10
Community Manager

Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:46 am

Quoting GlenP (Reply 11):
Quoting TheCommodore (Reply 12):

Hello

We're currently experiencing a problem with our emails and none are being generated, the developers have pinpointed the problem but the fix is proving harder than expected. We'll update you once we hear back with more from them but we do hope to have this resolved over the next day. We apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks and regards

Paul
Ask the impossible to achieve the best possible

GlenP

Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:29 am

Cheers for the heads-up on that, Paul.

Unfortunately, I've been trying to contact support on another, rather pressing, matter and, fairly obviously this does create problems for both ends of the exchange.

Contact has been via the "Contact Us" link, at the bottom of every page and at lest I now know what the techie type glitch is that's been preventing any communications taking place.

I've got an alternative email address, through which I might be able to contact Support, so I'll give that a go.

Thanks again,

Glen
Ubique Quo Fas et Gloria Ducunt

erezms

Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:32 pm

Unfortunately the problem is still not resolved,
About 30 of my images were screened but the results still not received for over a week.

mjgbtv

Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:55 am

Quoting PanAm_DC10 (Reply 13):
We're currently experiencing a problem with our emails and none are being generated,

I have tried to change my account to a gmail address several times in the past few days and I have never received the verification email. Would the problem you describe above include this functionality or are you referring specifically to screening result emails?

Thanks.

erezms

Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:40 am

I've changed my account last time of the bug because I thought it was "my bug", but of course then and now, the problem is not with the emails of the users but it's the site's problem.

kanban

Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:19 am

We're currently experiencing a problem with our emails and none are being generated,

Paul,
I've recently tried sending emails via the "contact" on a members page.. those going to England are not getting through

Am having the same problem with my regular emails and it turns out a whole bunch of email servers have been blacklisted, my IP gets itself removed and it's back on within several hours.. might pass that on to the developers..

TheCommodore

Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:48 am

Thanks and regards

Fingers crossed

Cheers

PanAm_DC10
Community Manager

Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:13 pm

Quoting mjgbtv (Reply 16):
Quoting erezms (Reply 17):
Quoting kanban (Reply 18):
Quoting TheCommodore (Reply 19):

Hi All,

We're still experiencing the auto email problem. A fix was released on Friday and some emails are generated but more work needs to be done before all is back to normal. The developers are continuing to work on the issue and we thank you for your patience whilst they do this.

We'll post an update just as soon as we can.

Thanks and regards

Paul
Ask the impossible to achieve the best possible