Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

aeropix
Topic Author

How To Disable Mobile Version On IPhone / Ipad

Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:10 pm

Hi, does anybody know how to stop Airliners.net from redirecting to the MOBILE version while browsing on iPhone or iPad?

I really hate the mobile version, and I'd rather the page load the desktop version every time on my iPhone or iPad. After all these devices were made to have desktop-quality browsers in a small format.

If anybody familiar with apple devices knows how to disable the redirect to the mobile site, I'd appreciate the advice very much.

Kind regards,

Derek

T8KE0FF

RE: How To Disable Mobile Version On IPhone / Ipad

Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:31 pm

+1

I have absolutely no interest in the photos and certainly don't want to have them thrust into my face when I log into the website on my phone. Please either turn it off or give us an option to turn it off!
RJ85 E145 E195 A319 A320 A321 A330 A340 A380 B737 B747 B757 B767 B777 B787 DH4 AT72

csturdiv

Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:47 am

Can you just load the webpage on your browser and somewhere on the page is a link to view in desktop mode. Then bookmark that and save the bookmark to your desktop. That is what I have done on my Samsung Galaxy S Tab. I also did something similar for Facebook as I hate their mobile app.
An American expat from the ORD area living and working in SYD

wilco737

Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:21 am

At the bottom of the mobile site there is a link "desktop page" or something similar. CLick on that and you get the desktop site.

I think you can bookmark it like that and then you should be taken to the desktop site instead of the mobile site. But I am not 100% sure here.

THanks.

wilco737

VapourTrails

Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:53 am

Hi, I agree too in that I don't like the app for this site, or the FB one either at all.      

I ended up downloading the app, but then going into the desktop version, and now I've deleted the app and it seems to have gone away as a preference and doesn't open up automatically as if it has chosen that format for me.. .. I do a Google search for the desktop site and go from there..

aeropix
Topic Author

Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:11 am

Thanks for the advice. I've found that bookmarking this web address "solves" the problem

https://www.airliners.net/?desktop=1

But only for this website. I'd still like to figure out how to disable mobile redirects for all websites forever through but I'd guess that's a discussion for an apple forums and not anet!

Cheers