Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

KingFriday013
Topic Author

Issues Upgrading From Free To Premium Account

Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:35 am

I have a friend who currently has a free account on this site and would like to purchase a Premium Account. However, every time this person clicks to upgrade, it redirects to the user's profile dashboard.

Any idea when this will be rectified? My friend already emailed [email protected], but has yet to receive a response.

Thanks!

-J.

wilco737

RE: Issues Upgrading From Free To Premium Account

Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:29 am

Quoting KingFriday013 (Thread starter):

Don't know what's wrong there.
But the correct email is [email protected]
He should try again and hopefully get a reply.

wilco737

lpdal

Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:19 pm

Hey Phil,

I'm trying to renew my first class membership, but whenever I try to go the payment page, it simply re-directs me back to the user control panel, and I don't see the page where I can pay for more days.

I did try to email the customer support address, but I got an error message back from Google every time I try to send my inquiry.

-LPDAL

falstaff

Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:27 pm

I have a first class membership that expires in six days. I can't pay to renew. I'm having the same problem as LPDAL. I emailed support about this a bit over a month ago and they gave me a one month extension. I emailed them again a week ago and have heard nothing. I can't imagine why they would let this be a problem so long. I would think they would want people's money.

lpdal

Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:37 pm

Quoting falstaff (Reply 3):

I haven't received any response either. Phil, are you there? 

-LPDL

falstaff

Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:44 pm

Quoting LPDAL (Reply 4):
I haven't received any response either

I have never seen a product or service advertised that has no way to pay for it. I have seen temporary delays that are fixed within a day or two, but never for two months or maybe more. I have been trying to pay for two months, this problem may have been going on longer.

It makes me wonder who is handling the finances. With no money coming in how can the site continue to operate?

tan1mill

Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:48 am

With all the video ads and terrible site management by DM, I'm surprised people would still consider wasting their money on any sort of membership upgrade. To each their own I guess.

jetmatt777

Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:25 pm

Quoting falstaff (Reply 5):
I have never seen a product or service advertised that has no way to pay for it. I have seen temporary delays that are fixed within a day or two, but never for two months or maybe more. I have been trying to pay for two months, this problem may have been going on longer.

It makes me wonder who is handling the finances. With no money coming in how can the site continue to operate?

I'm suspicious that they may be closing the site down. The site is plagued with bugs, and if they are not allowing membership renewal it may be a sign that they are waiting for the rest of the FC memberships to expire.

lpdal

Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:31 pm

They sold a lifetime first class membership for $1,000 so that wouldn't be possible. Unless they plan on "waiting" until 2099.

-LPDAL

jetmatt777

Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:36 pm

Quoting LPDAL (Reply 8):
They sold a lifetime first class membership for $1,000 so that wouldn't be possible. Unless they plan on "waiting" until 2099.

Refunding at most 10 or 15 people who bought the lifetime membership, is probably much cheaper than refunding 1,000's of people's yearly memberships.

It is possible.

lpdal

Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:01 am

Quoting jetmatt777 (Reply 9):
Refunding at most 10 or 15 people who bought the lifetime membership

I wouldn't make any assumptions but based on when first class became available and the time that has elapsed since then I would gander to say more than ten to fifteen people bought it.

Refunding people isn't easy either, it's not something you press a button and the customer receives their money back instantly.

I work with my company's software developers every day. If they discontinued a build every time it was ridden with bugs, the software shelves would be empty and our company would be out of business. Bugs are part of software, you continually deal with them as you release updates. Even changing one line of code could create ten, twenty, or thirty or more bugs. You fix one bug, another and a couple of his friends pop up. It's part of being in the software industry.

Sure, anything is possible and under Murphy's law what you said could make sense. In fact the next 737 to come into your station could lose one of his struts' brakes and run over an employee on the ramp or a strike of lightning could hit him and etc etc. But realistically, not going to happen.

-LPDAL

jetmatt777

Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:57 am

I doubt many people purchased lifetime memberships. $1000 is a lot of money.

It is odd that that A.net is no longer bringing in membership money, and has been quite a few weeks.

i don't think they'd allow revenue generation to be down for more than a few weeks if it were a bug.

lpdal

Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:39 pm

I'm not going to make any assumptions about how many people bought first class memberships. In any event, $25 memberships are still able to be purchased

I don't like assumptions, and couldn't care less about what should happen, what should've happened, what could happen, what would've happened if this didn't happen...I like hard facts and statistical data.

"$1,000 is a lot of money" is an opinion. Presenting one's opinion as fact because a lot of other people share that groupthink or mutual situation doesn't make a lot of sense. For that matter, I do think $1,000 is a lot of money, but that does not make it a fact, no matter how many people agree, disagree, or are neutral to that argument

-LPDAL

777ER
Head Moderator

Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:18 am

Quoting jetmatt777 (Reply 7):
I'm suspicious that they may be closing the site down.

As a Moderator, we're informed of any situation happening and we've never been informed of the site closing down.

Your thoughts are incorrect and Support are working on getting the situation solved. There are changes about to happen here at airliners.net, including upgrading the 'Crew' and payment functions, so naturally there will be issues

tan1mill

Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:58 am

777ER,

Would it be possible to get an official statement or something from DM? A lot of us are really getting fed up with ads and bugs, and we keep hearing "things are coming" and "DM is looking into it". It would be nice if we could get a real list of the changes that are coming, and more importantly, a timeline of when these things are expected/planned to occur. Members have stated they spend less time on the site recently, which is not good for any of us.

777ER
Head Moderator

Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:53 am

Here is an e-mail regarding the situation

"An upgrade and a change to user accounts is on the way which is why we have temporarily disabled paid membership. In regards to current First Class memberships about to expire, please wait until your FC membership expires and after that write to us at [email protected] for a manual extension of your membership"

falstaff

Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:56 pm

Quoting 777ER (Reply 15):
Here is an e-mail regarding the situation

"An upgrade and a change to user accounts is on the way which is why we have temporarily disabled paid membership. In regards to current First Class memberships about to expire, please wait until your FC membership expires and after that write to us at [email protected] for a manual extension of your membership

I got a similar email. Right now my profile says I have zero days remaining as a 1st class member, but I am still logging in as a 1st class member so the extension must be working, even if the "day counter" is not.