Why site shows wrong number of accepted photos?
Is on the list and will be looked into.
Developer reply: "Found and working resolution in testing - total number of photos listed in photo details may not match the newest (largest numerical) item.
Is there again such a function as ´my starred topics´ in the forums and if so, would one of you please run it by this old computer illiterate gentleman again?
Quoting Johnny from the New Site FAQ (viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1335405
"While it's not quite as it was in the old site you can see all topics you have replied to, or subscribed to by clicking the user image in the top right corner of the main site and choose settings, and then Forum. In the Overview tab you can see your Bookmarks and Subscriptions. If you already are on the forum page you click your user image and choose "User control panel" and the Manage bookmarks or subscriptions.
Did that do the trick? I'm not sure if he wrote that before or after the new forum layout.
my only ongoing complaint is having to log in almost every time I come to the site. Before it would be every week or two.
is anyone else having trouble staying logged in?
This will be getting fixed, but I don't have an ETA on that. Some of the updates to the site have an 'unintended' side-effect that take care of this bug for some users, but it seems to be pretty random.
It would be nice if when displaying small pictures of the aircraft's name was "Version" instead of "Basic Type".
This is on the list.
Is something wrong with it, when 150 views can bring the picture on a fifth place... or 500 to be the top picture. Loosing viewers and authors every day. What used to be average 250-300 clicks on new releases, now is 40-50...
We're all aware that the hits are down, but everyone is working hard towards increasing this again. With every update, the site gets better and behind the scenes people are working on get the exposure back on par again.
Is it possible to add a "Like" button to the posts, at least to ones in Trip reports? Many times, I enjoy the trip report, but don't have anything much to add. A "Like" button would be good. I have seen it in couple of other forums
I've added it to the list, but no guarantees.
I'm happy to see the contrast in the forums changed, the headers for each post much smaller, but there are still some issues that are very important to me that have not yet been addressed:
- Ads - Far, far too many. I have one on each side of forums posts and annoying overlaid video ads that get in the way too often. It's extremely off-putting and something that was already annoying with the old design. Especially as a paid member.
- Captions on images - With the old site, the captions for the images were an extremely short scroll down to learn particulars about the shot in question (one of my favorite things and how I learned many fun details about particular aircraft). Now, I have to scroll ~1.5 screens. It's not the end of the world, but highly annoying. It would be nice if the captions were directly below the image being viewed.
- Avatar + poster information to the left of each forum post is still mightily oversized. It makes each post take up much more space than needed and subsequently leads to slower browsing and more scrolling.
- Image size - Per a moderator suggestion, in settings, I have set my profile to display the 'large' image first each time I click on an image but I continue to get medium first.
- The video ad issue should be fixed(?). As for the other ads, I can't comment on that.
- This is on the list.
- This is on the list.
- This works fine for me and I haven't received any other complaints regarding this. Please note that the Medium/Large option underneath the photo has the options the other way around. If you view the large photo, the text for 'large' is bold. This gives the false idea that you're viewing the medium size. The issue is known and on the list.
In addition, various 'cleanups' are scheduled, to reduce unnecessary scrolling.