Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

JohnKrist
Head Support

Re: Airliners.net Site Upgrade Announcement & Discussion

Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:05 pm

Pellegrine wrote:
Reintroduction of Starred Topics would be nice, as would National Flags, all of the old smiley emojis, and the possibility of having a more detailed profile.

I forgot: Not having to click through endless pages of forum posts would be nice too. Some of us definitely have computers that can handle 1000+ posts on one page.

About starred topics, read the New site FAQ topic here in site related. A more detailed profile you can find on Airliners main page, here you will only find forum profile, see mine here, has pretty much everything the old profile had:

https://www.airliners.net/user/johnkrist/profile

There is also a dropdown to see my photos, albums, favorites and my activities
5D Mark III, 7D, 17-40 F4 L, 70-200 F2.8 L IS II, Canon 50mm 1.4, Sigma 50mm 1.4 ART, Sigma 105mm 1.4 ART, EF 1.4x II, EF 2x III, SPEEDLITE 600EX-RT

Pellegrine

Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:28 am

JohnKrist wrote:
Pellegrine wrote:
Reintroduction of Starred Topics would be nice, as would National Flags, all of the old smiley emojis, and the possibility of having a more detailed profile.

I forgot: Not having to click through endless pages of forum posts would be nice too. Some of us definitely have computers that can handle 1000+ posts on one page.

About starred topics, read the New site FAQ topic here in site related. A more detailed profile you can find on Airliners main page, here you will only find forum profile, see mine here, has pretty much everything the old profile had:

https://www.airliners.net/user/johnkrist/profile

There is also a dropdown to see my photos, albums, favorites and my activities

Gotcha on that. Is there any flexibility on pages coming, or at least # of posts per page?
We fly JETS, we don't fly donkeys.

airkas1

Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:37 am

kulverstukas wrote:
Can you also clarify situation with old pages/forums (outside Anet) which use links to a) Anet images (i.e. links like http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/2/6/9/2796962.jpg) and/or b) Anet pages (i.e. https://www.airliners.net/photo/Russia---Air/Tupolev-Tu-95MS/2796962/L/).

As I understand from our last conversation when you relay the answer from developers, their initial intention to parse such links to the new image/page locations is abandoned and answer is firm "NO" which means that such pages must be or reedited manually or deleted as they now are unusable (which sounds strange for me because photo ID - in this example 2796962 - for both the photo and the page is still the same, and to make parser is a 1-hour work for a junior college student, the only difficult thing to him will be to integrate it into new site URL parser, because he will not be granted access to the site :roll: ).

UPD: http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/2/6/9/2796962.jpg is now http://cdn-www.airliners.net/photos/airliners/2/6/9/2796962.jpg
and https://www.airliners.net/photo/Russia---Air/Tupolev-Tu-95MS/2796962/L/ is now https://www.airliners.net/photo/Russia-Air-Force/Tupolev-Tu-95MS/2796962

I will ask...

Loran wrote:
I have one request which I'd like to place in regards to photo albums. When I look at my own photo album in my profile, it only shows 8 large photos per page, with the most viewed first.
Is there a chance to add more options such as displaying 100 photos per page, smaller thumbnails (with/without details), sort it by date added or other criteria? I see this is already implemented when you click on the name of a photographer, it lists all his photos by date added, views, likes, etc., basically several options how to display the photos in the album.

I've put it on the list.

winterlight wrote:
Watermarks and black strips still appearing on thumbnails...

Those were probably still in the queue at the time the black watermark was disabled.

Pellegrine wrote:
all of the old smiley emojis

The old emojis are still available for usage, although it requires a small workaround. Please see here for further information: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1336137

Pellegrine wrote:
Is there any flexibility on pages coming, or at least # of posts per page?

I'm not sure what you're asking.

scbriml

Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:16 am

ghost77 wrote:
NO, it's NOT close to fantastic!

People read from left to right! Then, pictures should be all sent to the left of the page, not right!

Hmm, billions of people on the planet would disagree with you.

ghost77 wrote:
I'm retired and done for this site!

Bye!
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

airkas1

Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:26 am

Sorry for the late reply SabreHog.

SabreHog wrote:
Is there a reason "cn" has been replaced with "MSN"? I realize it's a "minor" quibble, but "construction number" has been a term of art in the aviation enthusiast community for quite a while (published authors like Yefim Gordon et al even make use of it, for that matter), so I don't see why the change was warranted-we all know what it means, and it's not like it wasn't intuitive for non-aviation people to figure out.

I'm not sure why all of the above was done. The developers worked together with the editors on that. On the upload page it's listed as msn/cn.

SabreHog wrote:
Also, why the decision to split off line numbers from c/ns? The best thing about having them together was that it made for a genuinely unique entry, so that you would only see examples of the particular aircraft you were looking for. Plus, searching for a line number doesn't really make sense, as it's going to bring up several totally different aircraft from both Boeing and Douglas, and, on the same point, appears to only apply to aircraft for those two manufacturers, which seems an equally odd choice.

You are correct that only Boeing and Douglas use line numbers. I agree with you that it was nice to have the unique combo of msn/ln, but you can still search for this and come up with the correct results. This goes for the search page as well as the cross data search for a photo.

SabreHog wrote:
What about McDD aircraft with two c/ns, like the F-15s? Or aircraft with several combined c/ns, like many of the Eurofighters or Tornados, or aircraft from Aermacchi? Or Soviet aircraft with attached "fuselage numbers", which, while similar, do not really fit the same mold? Combining all this data in one field makes a lot more sense than dividing it up, particularly dividing it up unequally like this.

I've asked the editors about this and will report back when I have an answer.

SabreHog wrote:
Additionally, the search function doesn't seem to work properly at all. I tried searching for "PA-28R-201" recently, and it only produced about 20 results, including several other Piper Arrow variants, which is not what I was looking for, much less representative of what I know for a fact to be the numbers of PA-28R-201 Arrow III photos in this database. Worse, I tried searching "Aeropro Eurofox" and it didn't produce any results at all; I ended up having to site search on Google just to find that the database contains many entries for that aircraft type..

I find well over 100 results when I search for "PA-28R-201". For the Aeropro Eurofox, I find 92 results. (Search --> Advanced search --> Basic type: Aeropro Aerofox --> Generic type: Aeropro Aerofox --> Version: Aeropro Aerofox --> "Show me the photos"). Since my results are very different to yours, I'm wondering if you used the advanced search function to search?

SabreHog wrote:
Finally, what exactly is a "basic type" supposed to be, and how does it differ in any substantive way from generic variant? And why are all three of these displayed in the photo information? Far from helping, it would only serve to confuse the uninitiated, and it looks extremely messy and poorly arranged displayed that way.

They don't seem to be different. We do plan to clean up the photo information to a minimum, which should take care of this point. However I don't know when this will happen.

fortytwoeyes

Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:50 am

airkas1 wrote:
Pellegrine wrote:

I assume an option to choose how many forum posts per page are displayed

airkas1

Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:16 am

fortytwoeyes wrote:
airkas1 wrote:
Pellegrine wrote:

I assume an option to choose how many forum posts per page are displayed

Ah. At the moment the user can't choose this. But I will add it to the list and perhaps it will be possible in the future (no guarantees though).

ikolkyo

Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:47 pm

Any idea as to when I'll have working time stamps? I have had this issue ever since the first 2-3 days of this new site layout launching and it's very frustrating to browse the site without time. It changes ANYTHING having to do with time to "last year" and when I log out of my account it switches to everything saying "moments ago". It does this to me on multiple browsers and even on my phone. Also the time works correctly for a split second when page just finishes loading then changes.

https://gyazo.com/9ed3a92fa65c8fb901d0abb54a456826

https://gyazo.com/f164b828a48d8bc9d74a061c9133e3cc

Gatorman96

Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:24 pm

I'm sure this has already been asked so apologies if repeated, but are there plans to bring back the "jump to recent post" button? BTW, the new site layout and design is great.

airkas1

Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:47 pm

ikolkyo wrote:
Any idea as to when I'll have working time stamps?

No ETA unfortunately.

Gatorman96 wrote:
I'm sure this has already been asked so apologies if repeated, but are there plans to bring back the "jump to recent post" button?

This is indeed on the list.

Gatorman96

Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:02 pm

Gatorman96 wrote:
I'm sure this has already been asked so apologies if repeated, but are there plans to bring back the "jump to recent post" button?

This is indeed on the list.[/quote]

Excellent. Appreciate the info.

tan1mill

Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:35 pm

Will the photo search screen be getting an overhaul? In my opinion, all the search categories under "advanced" should be under "basic". The current "basic" is so broad that it's almost not even useful. I feel like selecting an aircraft type or even an airline should not be something you have to go to the advanced search tab for. The search results take up way too much space on my screen too, but that's a different issue. I guess I just miss the condensed and easy version we used to have.
Love many, Trust few, Always paddle your own canoe.

airkas1

Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:54 pm

tan1mill wrote:
In my opinion, all the search categories under "advanced" should be under "basic".

I personally see the value in the basic function and actually use it quite often. But I'll put your suggestion on the list though.

mariner

Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:48 am

Several times when I try to log-in, I'm getting an "Internal Server 500 Error" message. It happened a dozen times yesterday and 6 or 7 times just now. Yesterday was really ofd, because sometimes the log-in page would appear, I 'd fill in the details and then the Error message would appear.

Restarting Safari doesn't always fix it, and today I had to restart my computer to get access.

Since the Error message also tells me to tell you what's happening - that's what is happening.

mariner
aeternum nauta

airkas1

Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:57 am

We experienced some server issues last night, but they should be sorted now.

Edit:
Developers wrote:
Just a quick update to let you know we've been working all night to address the errors and outages you saw on A.net earlier today. We believe the root cause of the problem has been resolved although we'll know for sure in a few hours. The site is loading quickly right now and we'll be monitoring over the weekend in case of any other problems.

TUGMASTER

Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:10 pm

I'm still having to log in /sign in every time I visit.

Can we have a fix on this please...?

Ok... Here's an immediate edit... 1 minute after original post....
Time says posted 1hour ago... Clearly not correct.!!

Karlos

Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:18 am

Apologies if an answer to this has already been posted before.
The old site had a handy feature whereby if a post contained an airport or airline code you could hover over it and a little window popped up with the full name. Can this be re-activated?

FYODOR

Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:09 pm

Link https://www.airliners.net/photo/Finland- ... is/3911197
shows following result:
Oops! An Error Occurred
The server returned a "404 Not Found".
Something is broken. Please let us know what you were doing when this error occurred. We will fix it as soon as possible. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Sadly I can't enclose the screen as we don't have option of enclosed file.

JohnKrist
Head Support

Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:31 pm

Fyodor, the link works fine for me, maybe a temporary glitch?
5D Mark III, 7D, 17-40 F4 L, 70-200 F2.8 L IS II, Canon 50mm 1.4, Sigma 50mm 1.4 ART, Sigma 105mm 1.4 ART, EF 1.4x II, EF 2x III, SPEEDLITE 600EX-RT

Johnv707

Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:48 pm

Login retention seems to be working now. I have stayed logged in for 5 days now. :D

JohnKrist
Head Support

Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:59 pm

Johnv707 wrote:
Login retention seems to be working now. I have stayed logged in for 5 days now. :D

Nope, I get logged out several times a day. Seems to happen when I switch platform from phone to PC to tablet.

FYODOR

Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:06 pm

To add. I can see the picture in 'My Photos' page but it is not exists in my public list: https://www.airliners.net/search?user=15 ... lay=detail

EPA001

Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:27 pm

JohnKrist wrote:
Nope, I get logged out several times a day. Seems to happen when I switch platform from phone to PC to tablet.

I never switch this site to my iPad. Therefore the login problem on my MacBook has hardly occurred anymore since a couple of weeks already. Just one time over the last weeks I was logged out.

Johnv707

Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:29 pm

JohnKrist wrote:
Johnv707 wrote:

OK- My experience is only on my MAC.

Kaphias

Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:30 pm

JohnKrist wrote:
Johnv707 wrote:

I'm logged in on both my laptop and my phone, only get kicked off my laptop every couple weeks, and off my phone every 3-5 days.

SabreHog

Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:02 pm

I posted in this thread a while back about the formatting change for Off-Airport locations, namely that it had been altered to "Location [OFF-AIRPORT]" rather than the one used previously ("Off-Airport - Location"), and it was happily noted and fixed; now I see that it has been returned to this format, and closed airports are also followed by [CLOSED] as well; I presume this is a permanent formatting change?

Edit: and now I don't seem to be able to find any option to offer data corrections. I spent a lot of time and effort in that, it's rather distressing to see it gone.

JohnKrist
Head Support

Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:33 pm

FYODOR wrote:
To add. I can see the picture in 'My Photos' page but it is not exists in my public list: https://www.airliners.net/search?user=15 ... lay=detail

Was like that before the upgrade as well and is usually due to indexing taking time.

JohnKrist
Head Support

Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:35 pm

JohnKrist wrote:
FYODOR wrote:

Was like that before the upgrade as well and is usually due to indexing taking time.

Edit, it's there now, wasn't a minute ago :)

FYODOR

Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:59 pm

JohnKrist wrote:

This time it was for more than an hour. I would not disturb overvwise.

dutchspotter1

Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:22 pm

I have some more thoughts about how to improve the website even more:

1. Contact a photographer.
This is much harder to do now compared to the old website. When I'm viewing a photo, I have to click on a photographer's name, after which his/her profile shows up. The first page I see, however, is the Photos page rather than the About page. So then I go to the about page and if I'm lucky there's a tiny Contact button.
Also on his/her profile, I see the photographer's username rather than his/her photographer name. This is rather strange, because near the photos the photographer name is used rather than the username. So IMHO it would make sense to also use the photographer name at the photographer's profile page.

Also on the profile Photos page, there's way too much blank space. There's like six rows of photos and when I scroll down, there is just lots of blank space.
Besides, the cover photo takes up too much space, especially if one hasn't chosen a cover photo and you see the default Airliners.net logo.
Finally the quality of the cover photos isn't exactly top notch in most cases. This is probably because users uploaded it at a too low resolution. The minimum is 800x600 px, however each contemporary computer screen has a way larger resolution.

2. Photo albums
Same story: also lots of blank space after only 10 photos per page. It would be nice to set up the photo albums like the card-view in the photo search results. But then with the album cover rather than the search box on top of course.

Hopefully you'll be able to consider these points. If anything is not clear, please let me know.

Kind regards,

Joost de Wit
NO URLS in signature

JohnKrist
Head Support

Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:51 pm

Joost, below every image there is a small envelope icon that opens up a contact form. If there is no icon the photographer has chosen to not be contactable.

Regarding real name, we had that, but it lead to a massive storm about privacy, as all users have a photographer profile whether they have images or not, so we had to remove it.

dutchspotter1

Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:00 pm

JohnKrist wrote:
Joost, below every image there is a small envelope icon that opens up a contact form. If there is no icon the photographer has chosen to not be contactable.

Regarding real name, we had that, but it lead to a massive storm about privacy, as all users have a photographer profile whether they have images or not, so we had to remove it.

Ah, that's what that small envelope is! Initially I thought it was something like "email this photo to a friend" or so, hence I didn't consider clicking on it. Might be worth putting the words "contact photographer" next to it, IMO.

Point taken. I didn't realize that also applied to the profiles. I thought it was only for the forums.
NO URLS in signature

AA737-823

Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:16 pm

Johnv707 wrote:

No. I get logged out every time I visit the site. Daily, at a minimum.
That's using Opera, Firefox, Chrome, or Safari.

So those of you whose logins are persisting, go buy a lottery ticket.

Because as near as I can tell, the only gripe (legitimate or otherwise) that has been fixed since the initial rollout of this public gamma-release website is the COLOR.

JohnKrist
Head Support

Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:29 pm

AA737-823, I suggest you read the Issues FAQ thread here in site related

airkas1

Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:37 pm

SabreHog wrote:
I posted in this thread a while back about the formatting change for Off-Airport locations, namely that it had been altered to "Location [OFF-AIRPORT]" rather than the one used previously ("Off-Airport - Location"), and it was happily noted and fixed; now I see that it has been returned to this format, and closed airports are also followed by [CLOSED] as well; I presume this is a permanent formatting change?

I don't know if it's permanent. Personally, I prefer the old format and I hate the all-caps.

SabreHog wrote:
Edit: and now I don't seem to be able to find any option to offer data corrections. I spent a lot of time and effort in that, it's rather distressing to see it gone.

There are still some issues with the editor tools, so this has been disabled until it;s fixed. I hope it will be fixed this week. Once fixed, you will find a wrench icon underneath photos. By clicking it, you will be able to submit corrections.

dendrobatid

Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:43 pm

[quote="JohnKrist"]Joost, below every image there is a small envelope icon that opens up a contact form. If there is no icon the photographer has chosen to not be contactable.

I have just tried this and it appears that the contact button only works to anyone who is logged in. However, if someone wants to contact me to buy (or use) one of my photos, it is highly likely that they will not be regular site users, members. I think the contact button should be available to all, unless you have opted to not be contactable. I understand the risks of spam messages but CAPTCHA should keep them down. Make it too difficult to find that contact button and the person who wants the photo will just look elsewhere

Mick Bajcar

SabreHog

Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:17 pm

airkas1 wrote:
SabreHog wrote:

I don't know if it's permanent. Personally, I prefer the old format and I hate the all-caps.

SabreHog wrote:

There are still some issues with the editor tools, so this has been disabled until it;s fixed. I hope it will be fixed this week. Once fixed, you will find a wrench icon underneath photos. By clicking it, you will be able to submit corrections.

Thanks for the reply; will it also be possible to make corrections from search results, as it was before?

JohnKrist
Head Support

Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:19 pm

Mick, do you have the Members Only or Anyone radio button ticked under "Other options" in your profile?
My guess is that you have Members Only. This was the old "allow_email" and has been converted as it was before.

https://www.airliners.net/user/account/settings

Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:39 am

ghost77 wrote:
DM wrote:
kulverstukas wrote:
Oh my God! How can company which claims to work in advertising business constantly put out such poor designed solutions? Main page goes from bad to worse - but it seems it will be promoted - as with blue color - as "back to great old site look". Did your developers ever heard about such things as proportion, composition, visual balance etc.?

To me the new layout looks as close to the old A.net as it ever has. Also the 747 banner is supposed to return which will make things look even more like the old site. I really think the way the top 5 are now presented is an improvement over what was originally rolled out as a completely white and bland site and also match the old site the most.

Old-new A.net

New-new A.net

Old-old A.net

airkas1 wrote:

@All, we would like to hear your thoughts about the current update.

I think it looks fantastic!

NO, it's NOT close to fantastic!

People read from left to right! Then, pictures should be all sent to the left of the page, not right!

I'm retired and done for this site!

A.net was so perfect that JP.net copied airliners and I believe after this bad change they're having more clicks now!

At least compared to the white A.net site the Top 5 images now look closer to how the old A.net Top 5 looked. Making the new A.net look as much like the old A.net on first appearance should have been the top priority to keep as much of the old userbase as possible IMO. Going to the white A.net site immediately lost a huge number of members who probably haven't come back to see how A.net looks now but are browsing other aviation sites. Only the "Photographer's Choice" section is displayed to the right but photos speak for themselves so having some displayed on the right is not hugely out of place like if all the words were from right to left (and in English!). Also JP.net has more photos displayed on the right side of their homepage but even if they are having more clicks, they accept lower quality images than A.net will which is why I won't switch to any other aviation site as A.net used to be the "goto" aviation site which it sadly no longer is but hopefully can be in the future.

VapourTrails

Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:46 am

Pellegrine wrote:

Me too for all of these mentions. The last point: this is my main issue with the site (too) at the moment. In the post on DXB last week, it was really non-efficient to click and scroll through multiple pages. If there were 1000+ posts on one page, as sugested above, users could e.g. Ctrl + F keyword search and cut down or eliminate the reintrodution of the same sub-topics multiple times in the forum, for example lockable overhead bins or the resulting death after the crash.

It is good that Parts no longer have to be made, for the same post. The new site seems to handle that well. But to have it all on the one screen would be a great improvement.

JohnKrist
Head Support

Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:46 am

VapourTrails, regading Ctrl+F, have you tried the "Search this topic" function? It works great IMO and has a Jump to post button.

VapourTrails

Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:52 am

JohnKrist wrote:
VapourTrails, regading Ctrl+F, have you tried the "Search this topic" function? It works great IMO and has a Jump to post button.

I have tried it, but with no success. I went to the DXB EK post from last week, and I typed in two keywords, 'firefighter' and 'lock' and it returned no results? 'No suitable matches were found'. When I went to advanced search it completely left the orginal thread I was searching on.

JohnKrist
Head Support

Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:45 pm

VapourTrails wrote:
JohnKrist wrote:

I have tried it, but with no success. I went to the DXB EK post from last week, and I typed in two keywords, 'firefighter' and 'lock' and it returned no results? 'No suitable matches were found'. When I went to advanced search it completely left the orginal thread I was searching on.

Hmm, really strange, it works perfect here, but I get no results in the thread you mention, not even "Almost" that is the first word of the first post. Something is definately broken there

airkas1

Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:34 pm

Barbro wrote:
- However, for me personally having the exact type and also line-number is essential to maintain the usability of this site as a search tool.
-what is status of the statistics-page? Are we (the photographers) allowed to have a say in what will be included and what not? At the moment, having pics uploaded and in the screening queue with no info on when to expect screening is not really nice. Also I enjoyed the other statistics related to the pics.
-the loading of pages takes a long time compared to other sites. It doesn't vary between appliances, I've tried on desktop (Windows), on iPad and iPhone and all take longer than what to expect.

- Photos --> Search --> Advanced Search
- No idea when we will get the statistics back. I assume that when we get it back, it will be more or less the same as before. As for what will be included, the screeners will discuss this with the developers. We're all photographers as well, so I'd say we have a pretty good idea of what's needed. For now, you can find info on your queue status here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1337571
- Loading times seem ok for me. Maybe a temporary hickup?

spiplane wrote:
Can it be that (some) photo views are not being updated. I have at least one photo stuck at the same amount of view for days which I am sure it should not.

I've asked and will let you know.

flipdewaf

Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:48 pm

I have a feeling this might have been answered but is there a change on the cards for the background colour for the quotes and the quick reply box? I find the brightness quite distracting.

Fred

airkas1

Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:31 pm

flipdewaf wrote:
I have a feeling this might have been answered but is there a change on the cards for the background colour for the quotes and the quick reply box? I find the brightness quite distracting.

It's on the list.

Aircellist

Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:21 pm

Lots of improvements since my last post on that board. Many thanks.

Now that post numbering has been brought back, could we also have that post number on the quotation rectangle? When coming back to an old thread, it helps me to be able to see the context of the quoted post.
"When I find out I was wrong, I change my mind. What do you do?" -attributed to John Maynard Keynes

dutchspotter1

Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:34 pm

One more thing, besides my points about the photo albums and the blank space on the profile page:

Let's say I would like to view all photos from LAX taken in November (all years together). How can I do this? I tried it with the advanced search option, however then it is mandatory to select a year first (before selecting the month). Could this be changed?
NO URLS in signature

Plainplane

Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:47 am

Definitely like the latest redesign a lot more. I noticed today that the old formatted URLs to pictures are redirecting to the Airliners.net homepage instead of going to the actual images however.

Barbro

Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:06 am

airkas1 wrote:
Barbro wrote:
- However, for me personally having the exact type and also line-number is essential to maintain the usability of this site as a search tool.

- Photos --> Search --> Advanced Search

Thanks for your answers.
Yes, I noted that would be possible. But it is too many steps away. What I mean is having the line number visible after one simple step, that of using the main search page and Basic search. Otherwise I think the Basic search works fine, and it's now good that in search results you can initiate a new search without cliking back to search page.