Moderators: richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

MoKa777

Re: Progress: Case for a Dedicated Helicopter / VTOL Forum

Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:28 pm

I support the idea of a Helicopter Forum as well!
Never be proud. Always be grateful.

keesje
Topic Author

Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:00 am

I would volunteer in 2020 selecting 50 Helicopter VTOL posts from civil, technical and militairy forum that could be moved / unlocked and provide a flying start for the dedicated forum.

"Never mistake motion for action." Ernest Hemingway

keesje
Topic Author

Wed May 20, 2020 9:47 am

Another great Helicopter / VTOL topic we could post & discuss, but would quickly get lost in one of the other forums.

https://www.airbus.com/search.image.htm ... mage-all-4

We could easily fill a dedicated Helicopter / VTOL forum with dozens of existing threads and topics to give it a flying start form day 1.

I voluntereed to find them.

Moose135

Wed May 20, 2020 2:44 pm

atcsundevil wrote:
Max Q wrote:
I think the question should be asked in tech ops and you’d get a much bigger response

If it's a discussion about the site, then Site Related is where the discussion needs to occur.

Sorry to be quoting an old post. Yes, discussion on a new forum should take place in Site Related. However, I suspect many forum users don't visit here frequently. How about an announcement at the top of each forum - like the current one announcing new forum rules - saying there is consideration of a new Helicopter forum, and users can weigh in on the appropriate thread in the Site Related forum?

Of course, since there has been no development of any sort on A.net in years, I expect even robust discussion and widespread support of a new Helicopter forum wouldn't get one created.
KC-135 - Passing gas and taking names!

atcsundevil

Wed May 20, 2020 3:45 pm

Moose135 wrote:
atcsundevil wrote:
Max Q wrote:
I think the question should be asked in tech ops and you’d get a much bigger response

If it's a discussion about the site, then Site Related is where the discussion needs to occur.

Sorry to be quoting an old post. Yes, discussion on a new forum should take place in Site Related. However, I suspect many forum users don't visit here frequently. How about an announcement at the top of each forum - like the current one announcing new forum rules - saying there is consideration of a new Helicopter forum, and users can weigh in on the appropriate thread in the Site Related forum?

Of course, since there has been no development of any sort on A.net in years, I expect even robust discussion and widespread support of a new Helicopter forum wouldn't get one created.

Yeah, that's why we aren't having any real discussion about a helicopter forum. It simply isn't going to happen any time soon. I think our only expectation for the foreseeable future should be for the site to continue to (mostly) function. Hoping for new things is a pipe dream. We haven't even been able to get basic requests resolved.

keesje
Topic Author

Fri May 22, 2020 7:50 am

atcsundevil wrote:
Moose135 wrote:
atcsundevil wrote:

Yeah, that's why we aren't having any real discussion about a helicopter forum. It simply isn't going to happen any time soon. I think our only expectation for the foreseeable future should be for the site to continue to (mostly) function. Hoping for new things is a pipe dream. We haven't even been able to get basic requests resolved.

Sorry to hear that. That must be disappointing for MODS spending energy on moderating, screening. Thank you for the good work!