SpeckSpot
Topic Author

Feature Request: Albums should highlight the leading photo

Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:18 pm

Thanks for the web developers who make the site work well. I had a idea / feature request to make the site better (IMHO):

When you click on the photo under "Featured Photo Album", the page that comes up should contain that photo as the first photo in the album. It is not convenient when you see a very nice photo under "Featured Photo Album" on the main page, and then when you click on the photo because you want to see it large, you are instead taken to an album and you have to search manually through that album to find the photo you want.

I think it should be just like "Photographers' choice" in that clicking on the photo takes you to the photo and if it is a "Featured Photo Album", then in addition to that photo, there can be many others (thumbnails from the Album, as it is now), but that leading photo should be there, front and center, as the leading item, and preferably it should be large (not a thumbnail).

What do you all think?
Thanks again for a great website.

JohnKrist
Head Support

Re: Feature Request: Albums should highlight the leading photo

Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:28 pm

I agree fully, and hopefully that will be the case once the album section gets the big overhaul. But, sounding like a broken record, we have no time frame on it
5D Mark III, 7D, 17-40 F4 L, 70-200 F2.8 L IS II, Canon 50mm 1.4, Sigma 50mm 1.4 ART, Sigma 105mm 1.4 ART, EF 1.4x II, EF 2x III, SPEEDLITE 600EX-RT

dutchspotter1

Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:22 am

Can you please update us about what the development team is currently working on? Because it has been quiet for many months regarding new website features/improvements/etc. It would be nice for the users/contributors to know what is going on.
NO URLS in signature

airkas1
Head Screener

Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:45 am

X was ill for a few days this week and has been working on the backend as you noted most recently the move to the Cloud. Things should be back to normal for him after the coming week hopefully.

^ reply from 2 days ago, after I sent out an E-mail regarding site fixes (there are a number of half-finished items, not to mention all other things that are listed). I have no clue what's in store after the backend work is done. In my experience the time frames that are mentioned almost always get extended, so I've stopped giving indications when something will be done.

dutchspotter1

Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:35 am

Once again it's time to repeat myself:

dutchspotter1 wrote:
Can you please update us about what the development team is currently working on? Because it has been quiet for many months regarding new website features/improvements/etc. It would be nice for the users/contributors to know what is going on.
NO URLS in signature

airkas1
Head Screener

Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:44 am

Some backend work was done recently, which has improved view counter reliability amongst other things. No clue what they're currently working on. From what I know, the backend is the same complicate mess of code as the old ite was.