Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

nstampede002

Re: Update - Punch List of Bugs, Errors, Requests

Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:49 pm

I haven't gotten any replies on the dedicated thread about the "Moments ago" timestamp, so I'm adding it here.

I was annoyed with every post saying "Moments ago" for hours after a post had been made. I saw the thread in Site Related forums where a moderator explained how to add your time zone/region under User Control Panel and how that typically solves the issue. I did that as well but now all posts and "member since" dates all say "last year." I've logged out and back in, tried different browsers, etc...no help. Any ideas?

747classic

Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:11 pm

My signature is missing below my replies.
In "my profile" the signature is still available.

Moose135

Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:30 pm

747classic wrote:

Signatures have been disabled due to user abuse:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1466009

747classic

Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:16 pm

Moose135 wrote:
747classic wrote:

Signatures have been disabled due to user abuse:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1466009

Thx, missed that

masseybrown

Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:23 pm

I have a persistent red dot on the bell icon in the title bar. No matter how often I read the red dot notification message the dot stays on. Hw do I get rid of it?

atcsundevil

Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:01 pm

masseybrown wrote:
I have a persistent red dot on the bell icon in the title bar. No matter how often I read the red dot notification message the dot stays on. Hw do I get rid of it?

Click the check marks in the upper right of the notification dropdown.

BoeingG

Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:24 pm

When will the post timestamp issue be fixed?

atcsundevil

Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:51 am

BoeingG wrote:
When will the post timestamp issue be fixed?

You do have the correct timezone set, right?

Go to User Control Panel > Board Preferences > scroll down to My Timezone. Even if it's showing correctly, try changing it to something else, then change it back again. If it still isn't showing correctly, then obviously there's some kind of site error, and I wouldn't count on it ever being fixed.

EYKD

Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:03 pm

Hello Dear A.Net fellows & the Moderators team. I faced a kind of weird problem with one of the forum threads I had started a while ago. Here's the link to the thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=775563

The thread is in the Locked stauts, which is OK. But, what drives me crazy is that the thread has no responds as of now while I clearly remember there were some at the moment when the thread was alive. Is there any possibility to restore the responds, please? Many thanks in advance.

atcsundevil

Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:32 pm

EYKD wrote:
Hello Dear A.Net fellows & the Moderators team. I faced a kind of weird problem with one of the forum threads I had started a while ago. Here's the link to the thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=775563

The thread is in the Locked stauts, which is OK. But, what drives me crazy is that the thread has no responds as of now while I clearly remember there were some at the moment when the thread was alive. Is there any possibility to restore the responds, please? Many thanks in advance.

There was only one reply. Your thread was created on 03 Jul 2015. The only reply was made on 23 Apr 2018, which was removed within 12 hours per forum rules as a thread bump. There are no other replies.

Alsatian

Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:19 pm

Hello.

A picture of mine (photo ID #7256571) has been accepted 22 hours ago, however it isn't visible on the website. Even if my hope to see the image in the Top 5 of the 24 hours is now pretty tiny, could someone check it please ?

Regards

Dennis

nstampede002

Thu Jul 06, 2023 5:19 pm

Alsatian wrote:
Hello.

A picture of mine (photo ID #7256571) has been accepted 22 hours ago, however it isn't visible on the website. Even if my hope to see the image in the Top 5 of the 24 hours is now pretty tiny, could someone check it please ?

Regards

Dennis

Dennis,

I sincerely hope it is resolved by now. In the future, I've had better results just emailing the screeners / headscreeners@airliners.net when something weird happens like that.

I have had a similar issue happen once or twice now: the image is accepted, and as much as three or four hours later it isn't visible in a search of my name (I always search my photos post-acceptance to see if they show up ok - I had an issue long ago where that proved useful). But I can see it under my Photo Corner > Accepted list. When I click on it there, then click "Public Details," suddenly it has 1 view then starts climbing normally. Certainly a little buggy.

Josh

Alsatian

Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:14 pm

nstampede002 wrote:
Alsatian wrote:
Hello.

Regards

Dennis

Dennis,

I sincerely hope it is resolved by now. In the future, I've had better results just emailing the screeners / headscreeners@airliners.net when something weird happens like that.

I have had a similar issue happen once or twice now: the image is accepted, and as much as three or four hours later it isn't visible in a search of my name (I always search my photos post-acceptance to see if they show up ok - I had an issue long ago where that proved useful). But I can see it under my Photo Corner > Accepted list. When I click on it there, then click "Public Details," suddenly it has 1 view then starts climbing normally. Certainly a little buggy.

Josh

Hi Josh,

Thank you for your feedback. Good to know so I will try the "Public Details" trick if it happens again.

Kind regards

Dennis

Theseus

Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:45 pm

I observe the site seems more and more broken under Safari (with both iOS and MacOS).
On MacOS, I cannot log on with Safari (it works with Firefox).
On iOS, I cannot scroll the forum screen, and after a short while I cannot do anything like close the tab or move to another tab (I can only restart the Safari App).
Am I alone with these issues ? Of if someone else did have such problems, did you solve them and if so, how ?

SQ22

Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:50 am

Theseus wrote:
I observe the site seems more and more broken under Safari (with both iOS and MacOS).
On iOS, I cannot scroll the forum screen, and after a short while I cannot do anything like close the tab or move to another tab (I can only restart the Safari App).
Am I alone with these issues ? Of if someone else did have such problems, did you solve them and if so, how ?

No, please see here:

500 error pop ups

Issues have been reported.

Theseus

Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:51 am

SQ22 wrote:
Theseus wrote:

No, please see here:

500 error pop ups

Issues have been reported.

Thanks and sorry for the confusion. I had seen that thread but did not identify my problem as an instance of that one (as the symptoms seemed different).

SQ22

Sat Sep 09, 2023 1:29 pm

Theseus wrote:
Thanks and sorry for the confusion. I had seen that thread but did not identify my problem as an instance of that one (as the symptoms seemed different).

Sometimes its so slow that there is no chance to be able to get to that point where you would get a 500 error message.

Liski

Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:54 am

Is it normal or a coding issue with the amount of space above?

https://i.ibb.co/3NHF5jw/IMG-0320.png

VertScopeAdmin
General Manager

Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:53 pm

Liski wrote:
Is it normal or a coding issue with the amount of space above?

https://i.ibb.co/3NHF5jw/IMG-0320.png

Replied in the other thread.

Jeff

LHUSA

Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:43 pm

On my iPhone in Safari, when selecting the "First Unread Post" button, it takes me to the first unread post, then jumps to 4 or 5 previous posts, so you then have to scroll back down. No issues on laptop/chrome. Anyone else have this issue for the last several months? It's quite irritating.

nstampede002

Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:50 pm

A couple of requests, if they could be entertained:

First, is there a way to link the profiles of the photographers and forum users across each half of the site? If you click on a user's name in the forums, you cannot see their photos (if they have any uploaded) without basically going back to Google and typing in their username+photos+Airliners.net. It seems this would be a simple thing to link being that my username is visible when I click on my actual name with my photos, but that doesn't link back over to my forum profile either.

Second, is there a way to add notifications or a comment feed option of some kind so you will be notified when people comment on your photos? People will comment on photos uploaded years ago but without any notification of a comment being added, I don't even know it's there. It'd just be nice to know when that happens.

Thanks,

Josh

tan1mill

Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:45 am

How do I find my own Photo Albums?

A220HubandSpoke

Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:36 am

https://imgur.com/a/hTbaBt8

I tried numerous times to check out these replies to me but they weren’t there.

We're these comments removed or deleted or? Any way I can still see them?

atcsundevil

Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:36 pm

A220HubandSpoke wrote:
https://imgur.com/a/hTbaBt8

I tried numerous times to check out these replies to me but they weren’t there.

We're these comments removed or deleted or? Any way I can still see them?

Only the first reply was to you, the other two were responses to that post, and they were all removed. There's no way for you to be able to see them, but you aren't missing anything.