Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

FlyHPN

Re: Update - Punch List of Bugs, Errors, Requests

Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:33 pm

Is there a reason why the relative post time is so inaccurate? All posts are reported as "moments ago" for a very long time. Eventually, they go to minutes and then hours and days, but these times don't seem to be relative to anything.

afcjets

Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:40 am

afcjets wrote:
Ads on the side cover text in forum posts sometimes.

It's interesting not in this category though. It makes me wonder if its by design to increase click revenue. I have tried to move, close and hide these ads and sometimes I click on them when trying to read the posts.

Veigar

Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:14 pm

Any news on when the avatar changing issue will be resolved?

I don't know if I like constantly bugging support about it if I feel like changing...

Armadillo1

Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:49 pm

i can push button "delete" for my post but actually have no rights to do this.

also, with "delete post window"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/user.php on line 513: sprintf(): Too few arguments

atcsundevil

Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:09 pm

Armadillo1 wrote:
i can push button "delete" for my post but actually have no rights to do this.

also, with "delete post window"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/user.php on line 513: sprintf(): Too few arguments

If you delete the post quickly enough, it should work. You just need to enter a reason, and click yes. Just ignore the PHP warning thing — that shows up for us too. You probably can't permanently delete your own post, so don't tick the box for that. A soft delete still removes the post from public view.

EMBSPBR

Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:39 pm

Hello,

I have been trying to access some topics on the site and my computer has blocked with "phishing" alert, as in this topic:

"Airbus launching A220LR or XLR according to Jon Ostrower"

Thank you ...

airnorth

Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:50 pm

EMBSPBR wrote:
Hello,

I have been trying to access some topics on the site and my computer has blocked with "phishing" alert, as in this topic:

"Airbus launching A220LR or XLR according to Jon Ostrower"

Thank you ...

I have the same issue, with only that thread so far.

dutchspotter1

Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:24 am

Looks like some of the images are not loading at the moment (except the thumbnails). I'm using a desktop with Google Chrome.
Examples: ID 5678137 and 5677995 as well as photos in my personal upload queue.

airkas1

Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:34 pm

I'm experiencing similar issues. Have reported it.

DL747

Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:15 pm

I've got that issue as well, seems to be happening regardless of browser. Before I realized the problem, I had uploaded an image. I am wondering if that will be visible to the screening team or if I should delete it and wait for the issue to resolve before uploading again?

airkas1

Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:04 pm

If the photo is visible in your photo corner after the issues are fixed, then you can assume we will see the image fine during screening as well. If the image is not OK after things are fixed, please delete it and upload it again.

DL747

Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:09 pm

Roger that, thanks Kas. It’s a priority, so I’ll keep an eye on things to see if it becomes visible. If I have to reupload, no big deal. Appreciate the hard work, as always.

PanAm_DC10
Community Manager
Topic Author

Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:37 pm

Hi All

We are aware of all the issues and have reported them to VerticalScope and are awaiting their response. It may be delayed due to the weekend but we do expect one. Sorry for the inconvenience but we are aware of the issues

Runway28L

Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:54 am

Links to certain images at full size are acting very slow. Also seeing a few thumbnails missing in the DB.

acontador

Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:45 pm

Currently no pictures are accepted into the site, as well as no uploads, shows "pending processing" for a few hours now.

PanAm_DC10
Community Manager
Topic Author

Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:41 pm

acontador wrote:
Currently no pictures are accepted into the site, as well as no uploads, shows "pending processing" for a few hours now.

Hi, thanks for reporting and there are a few other issues as well. We are aware of them all and have reported to the developers who have acknowledged that they are looking into these issues.

PanAm_DC10
Community Manager
Topic Author

Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:05 am

Hi Again

This should be resolved now

Paul

acontador

Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:04 am

Thanks Paul!

Runway28L

Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:40 am

Any plans to get the photo screening queue shrunk down in the near future? I'm seeing an estimated wait period of 17-18 days. :faint:

My queue is full and I probably should wait it out, but I have a ton of unused recent images I'd love to upload.

freakyrat

Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:56 pm

It seems that everytime you click on the Civil Aviation thread you get a clickbait popup site coming up to update your Adobe Flash Player. Now everyone knows that this is a fake Adobe site designed top steal your personal information but could you folks fix things so that this popup doesn't keep coming up?

Moose135

Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:35 am

Runway28L wrote:
Any plans to get the photo screening queue shrunk down in the near future? I'm seeing an estimated wait period of 17-18 days. :faint:

Back when I cared enough to upload here, that was considered a "short" screening time...

Runway28L

Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:04 pm

Runway28L wrote:

My queue is full and I probably should wait it out, but I have a ton of unused recent images I'd love to upload.

Just wanted to say thank you to the screeners for putting in the extra time with recently getting the queue back down to 6-7 days. Much appreciated! :)

airkas1

Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:41 pm

Runway28L wrote:
Just wanted to say thank you to the screeners for putting in the extra time with recently getting the queue back down to 6-7 days. Much appreciated! :)

Thanks! :thumbsup:

acontador

Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:47 pm

Runway28L wrote:
Runway28L wrote:

Absolutely agree, I know that means there was a lot of work, effort and above all time involved by all the volunteers, so a big thank you!

Runway28L

Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:19 pm

I uploaded three images last night and only two of them are viewable in the queue right now. The other one won't load despite having been uploaded.

Now it looks like two more I just added also won't load.

Anyone else having this issue?

PanAm_DC10
Community Manager
Topic Author

Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:06 pm

Runway28L wrote:
I uploaded three images last night and only two of them are viewable in the queue right now. The other one won't load despite having been uploaded.

Hello

Yes we are aware and others would be having these issues. There are more and screening is also affected. The developers are fully aware of all issues and a fix has been installed. It will take time and we are waiting for the fix to run. Thanks for your patience while it runs.

Paul

acontador

Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:56 pm

PanAm_DC10 wrote:
Runway28L wrote:

Hello

Yes we are aware and others would be having these issues. There are more and screening is also affected. The developers are fully aware of all issues and a fix has been installed. It will take time and we are waiting for the fix to run. Thanks for your patience while it runs.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Unfortunately I expereince a lot of broken thumbnails and almost no full-size pictures currently available on the site, hope it gets resolved before the weekend!

Many thanks and cheers, Andrés

PanAm_DC10
Community Manager
Topic Author

Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:21 am

Hi Andres

Yes we know. At first we really did have a problem and the developers fixed it. Then we had an external issue which affected the site similar to an attack. The developers are aware and have taken all precautionary measures to prevent the crawler from disrupting the site. We did have to stop screening but now all is coming back to normal and we are screening again. No more reports of broken thumbnails, missing images or slow page load times.

Been in constant talk with developers and all should be good now and for the weekend.

Paul

dutchspotter1

Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:49 am

PanAm_DC10 wrote:
Been in constant talk with developers and all should be good now and for the weekend.

Paul

Hi Paul, while you're talking with the developers, why not ask (or better: instruct) them to fix the many other outstanding issues? Seems like you are the only one who can get ahold of them.

PanAm_DC10
Community Manager
Topic Author

Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:48 am

Hi Dutchspotter1

Well as you have seen this was an external attack and they were already taking action before we notified them. As for getting, or instructing, for fixes you may have noticed we no longer have the view counters and thumbnails going down all the time. They are working daily on issues but in the past all fixes have been temporary. Now they work for a few weeks and make sure the fix is permanent. I do agree that there is a long list of outstanding fixes and will raise that with them for an update on a few and see what I can post here.

Thanks Paul

dutchspotter1

Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:03 am

PanAm_DC10 wrote:
I do agree that there is a long list of outstanding fixes and will raise that with them for an update on a few and see what I can post here.l

Thanks Paul, we will be standing by for further info. For a team of professional developers (who are getting paid), it shouldn't take years to fix at least part of the list. I don't think it is unreasonable for the client to put a little pressure on them. If they aren't up for the job, perhaps the site owners should look for a new team of developers.

garyjean

Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:17 am

For some reason I can't share my photos on social media, this has happened for a couple days now.

The response I get is:

Access denied / www.airliners.net used Cloudflare to restrict access.

Thanks
Gary

airkas1

Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:33 am

Hi Gary,

We experienced issues due to the site being crawled. Some measures were taken to stop this and if I'm not mistaken, this is a result of it. We experience the same issue for our official FB page. As per the developers: "I think this is a symptom of our scraping protections. The sites images were being scraped for use elsewhere and we put protections in place to prevent that. This might be one of them."

I don't know the current status, but we/VS are aware. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards

PanAm_DC10
Community Manager
Topic Author

Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:06 am

Hi Dutchspotter1

Yes I understand your point. It is not a case of needing new developers just ensuring that developers are allocated to the site on an ongoing basis. It is a pool of developers covering many websites and our site is in the top 10 they look at. It is always being worked on and I do not pressure them but stay in communication with them and remind not just them but management as well that there are long standing issues which require attention.

Gary, Kas said it and I am talking with management and developers to get Cloudfare lifted so we all can post and share on Facebook again.

Paul

garyjean

Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:47 am

Gary, Kas said it and I am talking with management and developers to get Cloudfare lifted so we all can post and share on Facebook again.

Paul

Thanks Kas and Paul, it sure would be great to get that sorted! I see now that 2 of my photos accepted yesterday are not showing up in the database,
Photo ID: #5768647 and Photo ID: #5768635.

Regards
Gary

PanAm_DC10
Community Manager
Topic Author

Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:14 am

Hi Gary

Thanks for that Gary have reported to developers. As for Facebook we are discussing and they have said the following.

Its the hotlinking protections we have in place that's preventing it. This is protecting the site's images from being scraped (as we found happening a few months ago)
If its important to post on facebook quickly, I can relax/remove the protections but at the risk of exposing the images to scraping.

So we have asked for a relaxation.

Paul

garyjean

Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:03 pm

PanAm_DC10 wrote:
Hi Gary

Thanks for that Gary have reported to developers. As for Facebook we are discussing and they have said the following.

Its the hotlinking protections we have in place that's preventing it. This is protecting the site's images from being scraped (as we found happening a few months ago)
If its important to post on facebook quickly, I can relax/remove the protections but at the risk of exposing the images to scraping.

So we have asked for a relaxation.

Paul

I can't say that I'm impressed right now... as aviation photographers we want our work to be exposed to the world and A.net was the way to go, not sure right now. I could be wrong here but I think your developers need to go and have a serious rethink as to what they have done to what was an awesome website. As far as for my two missing accepted photos are concerned ... they're still missing! Plus not being able to share photos on social media is not a good thing, there must be a fix! Here's hoping for the best....

Gary

PanAm_DC10
Community Manager
Topic Author

Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:37 pm

Hello Gary

I am sorry for the inconvenience you are experiencing and have followed up with the developers about all you mention. I am concerned about your missing images as that is 24 hours. As for Facebook postings the site is still under attack with a crawler trying to scrape images and use them on other sites so protective measures remain in place. That is not the fault of the developers and no one can do anything but be preventative about an external attack.

I appreciate your patience and understanding,

Paul

garyjean

Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:29 am

PanAm_DC10 wrote:
Hello Gary

I am sorry for the inconvenience you are experiencing and have followed up with the developers about all you mention. I am concerned about your missing images as that is 24 hours. As for Facebook postings the site is still under attack with a crawler trying to scrape images and use them on other sites so protective measures remain in place. That is not the fault of the developers and no one can do anything but be preventative about an external attack.

I appreciate your patience and understanding,

Paul

Thanks Paul.

One of the 2 missing photos has been added to the database, photo ID: 5768647 is still missing.

Regards

Gary

PanAm_DC10
Community Manager
Topic Author

Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:22 am

Hello Gary

Thank you for the update and I have been talking to one of the developers so your missing images are being looked into. It's good one has appeared and we did do some testing along with informing the entire screening team about your missing images and to be on the lookout for more instances. None were reported so it appears only you have encountered it and it is a "one off".

If the image ID 5768647 is still missing when I wake up, I will ask you to priority reupload it. Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Regards

Paul

garyjean

Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:10 pm

PanAm_DC10 wrote:
Hello Gary

If the image ID 5768647 is still missing when I wake up, I will ask you to priority reupload it. Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Regards

Paul

Hi Paul

Sorted, all accepted photos are in the database and accounted for, thanks.

Regards

Gary

PanAm_DC10
Community Manager
Topic Author

Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:55 pm

Hello Gary

Yes a developer found it and there was an issue so a fix was applied. They learned something from this but unfortunately for you it took a long time and you were the only one to experience it. Pleased both are now visible and you've been very good about it thank you Gary.

Regards

Paul

PanAm_DC10
Community Manager
Topic Author

Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:13 pm

Hi All

Just to update. The site is no longer under attack, we were cautious and waited a few days just to be sure, The protection measures we put in place which prevented you from posting on Facebook have now been removed. We are again posting on our page so you should be able to on any Facebook page you choose. We thank you for your patience and understanding. As it was an external attack we had no choice but to do what we did to protect your images from misuse and theft.

Thanks

Paul

garyjean

Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:43 am

PanAm_DC10 wrote:
Hi All

Just to update. The site is no longer under attack, we were cautious and waited a few days just to be sure, The protection measures we put in place which prevented you from posting on Facebook have now been removed. We are again posting on our page so you should be able to on any Facebook page you choose. We thank you for your patience and understanding. As it was an external attack we had no choice but to do what we did to protect your images from misuse and theft.

Thanks

Paul

Thanks guys, working perfectly!

Gary

VapourTrails

Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:40 am

I got a CAPTCHA message this week and again today when I tried to preview a post. I clicked 'I am not a robot' twice on one device during the same session, and then it was fine. I didn't get it every time though. It also happened on another device - didn't proceed so couldn't post. Should I be concerned, is this worth reporting? Sorry didn't get a screen capture.

B747Saeed

Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:03 pm

It's been nearly four months since the first time I reported the problem with the photo reupload function and yet the problem exists.

akirauekawa

Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:24 am

Hi crew, it seems like something went wrong on the order of "top of the last 24 hours" ranking. Photos with fewer views are coming up above the ones with more views.

airkas1

Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:58 am

Hi Akira, that's a known thing and is sometimes caused by the difference between the internal and visible view counters.

balz18

Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:58 am

Morning all! Has something gone wrong with the uploader to the que? I can’t get any op my pictures past “processing”.

akirauekawa

Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:11 pm

airkas1 wrote:
Hi Akira, that's a known thing and is sometimes caused by the difference between the internal and visible view counters.

Copy that, thank you!