Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Re: Update - Punch List of Bugs, Errors, Requests

Wed May 06, 2020 1:42 pm

PanAm_DC10 wrote:
Hello CPD and Dutchspotter1

We'll take a look at this for you. Our developers are all working from home so we may require a little time to do so

Thank you

Paul

Seems to be still happening, any updates? This should only be about 3 story points including regression testing before it goes into production.

dutchspotter1

Thu May 07, 2020 10:16 am

Runway28L wrote:
Links to certain images at full size are acting very slow. Also seeing a few thumbnails missing in the DB.

This again.

ltbewr

Sun May 17, 2020 8:53 pm

The is no summary as to the changes in the TOS to take affect on 6/1/20 in the pinned post that is stated in it. It would be useful to know them. Thank you.

dutchspotter1

Thu May 21, 2020 10:52 am

Just wondering why the thumbnails have copyright bars nowadays. They are quite distracting and serve no purpose since they are unreadable. Can this be fixed please?

96adrian

Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:13 pm

dutchspotter1 wrote:
Just wondering why the thumbnails have copyright bars nowadays. They are quite distracting and serve no purpose since they are unreadable. Can this be fixed please?

Any news on this? Would be very nice if this could be fixed, as it's quite annoying when scrolling through photos (especially in card view). It doesn't look very professional either tbh...

96adrian

Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:37 pm

96adrian wrote:
dutchspotter1 wrote:

Any news on this? Would be very nice if this could be fixed, as it's quite annoying when scrolling through photos (especially in card view). It doesn't look very professional either tbh...

Still no updates on this?

LittleFokker

Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:19 am

Question: what can be done about mobile version "bouncing?" By that, I mean when a forum main page loads, there is inconsistent timing to when the various elements of the page load (frames, ads, text, headers, etc). The result is that even when I wait for it to properly load, I think it's done loading, I go to click on a thread and when I do, something else finishes loading and moves the thread I want down 3-4 spaces and I accidentally click on the wrong thread. Is there a way to reprioritize the load order of the page so that the entire outline of the forum format can load first, with individual pieces following?

And on a related note, are your advertisements all a standard size for each designated area, or did you give them opportunities to buy a bigger ad if they so choose?

brilondon

Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:02 pm

LittleFokker wrote:
Question: what can be done about mobile version "bouncing?" By that, I mean when a forum main page loads, there is inconsistent timing to when the various elements of the page load (frames, ads, text, headers, etc). The result is that even when I wait for it to properly load, I think it's done loading, I go to click on a thread and when I do, something else finishes loading and moves the thread I want down 3-4 spaces and I accidentally click on the wrong thread. Is there a way to reprioritize the load order of the page so that the entire outline of the forum format can load first, with individual pieces following?

And on a related note, are your advertisements all a standard size for each designated area, or did you give them opportunities to buy a bigger ad if they so choose?

This is my problem with the mobile version as well. Are there going to be any fixes in the near future?

Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:57 am

brilondon wrote:
LittleFokker wrote:

This is my problem with the mobile version as well. Are there going to be any fixes in the near future?

I reported that four months ago:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1406245&start=150#p22138517

It was apparently being looked at according to the reply at that time.

What happens is the adverts take a while to load and when they do, they push everything down and then when they change everything moves up then down again. Solution is to lock them inside an element with a fixed size and if they are too large, hide the excess.

It's always happening that you are trying to use the navigation to change forums and then the whole content is pushed down. That's never good UX. Pages shouldn't jump up and down. My real work is as a product owner and scrum master for a major web project (and phone apps now).

Also, what I actually came here to report is random MySQL errors when accessing the forums:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

MySQL server has gone away [2006]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

747classic

Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:56 pm

I'am using Microsoft Edge at my PC.
Since several weeks the whole page is jumping up and down , while the adverts are updating.
On top of that when I am compiling a reply, sometimes all the effort i made is gone, when finally trying to upload my reply.
SQL error was displayed.
This happened three times today,

So, i stopped replying for now.

Rozve

Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:05 pm

I recently noticed that my photo https://www.airliners.net/photo/5972983, which had won the photographer’s choice, doesn’t show up in the photo search engine on the site. When choosing myself [Mohammad Rozve] as the photographer, and selecting "Photographer’s choice" as the category, the correlating photo is expected to come up as a result, but it doesn’t. I tried only by choosing "Photographer’s choice" as the category, still couldn’t find it.
The photo, though, is still at https://www.airliners.net/photographers-choice/9, yet not accessible via the category on the search engine.
Is that a site-related issue, or am I missing a point?
Any kind of help is appreciated.

FLALEFTY

Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:54 pm

Hello again! It seems that Norton has installed a "trap door" on this site. When trying to access photos I get "redirected" to Norton's site trying to get me to "update" their so-called anti-virus software. The problem is that I don't run Norton, I have a Mac running macOS Catalina 10.15.7 that doesn't require it. It is disturbing that a virus-protection software vendor is resorting to such tactics to drum up business, but it is also making this site tough to enjoy.

Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:11 pm

FLALEFTY wrote:
Hello again! It seems that Norton has installed a "trap door" on this site. When trying to access photos I get "redirected" to Norton's site trying to get me to "update" their so-called anti-virus software. The problem is that I don't run Norton, I have a Mac running macOS Catalina 10.15.7 that doesn't require it. It is disturbing that a virus-protection software vendor is resorting to such tactics to drum up business, but it is also making this site tough to enjoy.

Check the URL, it probably isn’t Norton at all but some phishing site which is posing as Symantec software.

Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:34 pm

There is something wrong with the form when you are not logged in. You can't see a new post when it is posted right away, it drags out for a bit. However, when I'm logged in, the thread imminently shows the new post.

SQ22

Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:36 pm

BNAMealer wrote:
There is something wrong with the form when you are not logged in. You can't see a new post when it is posted right away, it drags out for a bit. However, when I'm logged in, the thread imminently shows the new post.

Issue has been forwarded to the developers, it has happened to me as well.

Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:43 pm

SQ22 wrote:
BNAMealer wrote:

:checkmark:

Also, I might add the UI occasionally breaks and it displays all white.

WesternDC6B

Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:30 pm

Ads appearing dead-center, blocking content. Edge browser, iOS on iPad.

brilondon

Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:38 pm

I am having a problem with the forums when I click on the notification bell. It shows responses but I can't see them.

747classic

Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:20 am

"Logged in" and when selecting "your posts" the following message appears : "no suitable matches were found"

Max Q

Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:52 am

747classic wrote:
"Logged in" and when selecting "your posts" the following message appears : "no suitable matches were found"

I get exactly the same message

c933103

Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:24 pm

747classic wrote:

I think this is caused by the search function of the forum failed. The show your post button is effectively a function to search all posts made by you so that'd also be affected

Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:04 pm

SQ22 wrote:
BNAMealer wrote:

Any updates on this issue? It is still a thing and seems to be getting worse.

Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:06 pm

brilondon wrote:
LittleFokker wrote:

This is still happening!

I just typed a small reply and in the non aviation forum and in the time it took me to type out four lines the text box jumped up and down off the iPhone screen five times while I was typing.

Can this please be prioritised for the devs to look at?

It’s the advert box at the top that is causing this, it needs to be stuck inside a fixed size container.

Thunderboltdrgn

Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:42 pm

Is anyone else having problems with notifications not working? I've been quoted multiple times today but there haven't been a red dot on the bell to indicate
there is new notifications. If I click the notification bell the notifications shows up.

dxmekch

Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:06 am

My picture is in "accpeted pending processing" since almost 10 hours now.

ID 6221781

dxmekch

Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:52 pm

any chance that someone is going to fix this?

atcsundevil

Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:57 pm

dxmekch wrote:
any chance that someone is going to fix this?

Try sending an email to screeners@airliners.net. As far as I know, this isn't a site issue, so they wouldn't be looking here to address your problem.

longlanding

Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:04 am

I can't sign in via Microsoft Edge, but I can via Google Chrome. I've tried with my VPN both enabled and disabled, can't seem to find any solution to the issue. (Cookies are enabled, if that causes any issues.) Specifically, when I click "LOGIN" on Microsoft Edge, I'm redirected back to airliners.net, If that's any help.

sabby

Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:30 am

Is there any way to ignore/block certain threads ? I don't mean as not liking them but rather threads that I have to look/scroll over to get to the threads I want to view. There are many threads that I won't ever be interested in but due to activity, they keep popping up in the first page and I have to keep searching for the the threads I find interesting.

Spacepope

Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:22 pm

Just an FYI but the entire site seems to be loading this morning without CSS working, only in Basic HTML.

CarbonFibre

Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:37 pm

A321 news photo description on home page is wrong. It's not Tital Airways or Titan Airways but the UK Government.

Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:33 pm

cpd wrote:
brilondon wrote:
LittleFokker wrote:

This is still happening!

I just typed a small reply and in the non aviation forum and in the time it took me to type out four lines the text box jumped up and down off the iPhone screen five times while I was typing.

Can this please be prioritised for the devs to look at?

It’s the advert box at the top that is causing this, it needs to be stuck inside a fixed size container.

Quoting this from five months ago as it still occurs and has not been fixed. This is an accessibility issue. It should be fixed.

EChid

Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:49 am

I'm sure this is known, but when people are viewing the forums while not logged in the ads on the right side of the page obscure the content - making posts unreadable.

I'm on Mac, Chrome.

Kiwirob

Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:57 am

Why am I now getting notifications for everything, I only want notifications for comments when I'm quoted, now I get them for threads I haven't even looked at, dozens every day.

SQ22

Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:56 pm

Did you subscribe yourself by accident to a certain forum? That would be a reason. I have done the same. You just have to unsubscribe yourself and things are back to normal.

sassiciai

Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:52 pm

I am unsure that posting here will have the desired effect of bringing this observation to the attention of those responsible for this site! But here goes, anyway!

I am finding it increasingly stupid and irritating (that's just me) that thread titles are now more often than not including some form of dating. About half the threads have a postscript of "<month> 2021" or "Thread 2021" which adds absolutely ZERO to the title!! At the turn of the month, each thread that is date-stamped with the month is closed, and a clone opened, with the <month> updated, of course! The same for threads with a year-life span! On an e-forum in 2021, the "length" of a forum is of no concern! What makes NZ News December 2021 more useful than NZ News November 2021, rather than a thread NZ News? The date of the last post is most interesting, creation date a distant second!

I really cannot think that these date stamps add any value to researchers looking back into the site's history! For that non-benefit, the entire site population has to put up with this pointless dating! If there was a thread with post-script "Thread 1987" then I might begin to understand, but there are no such things (other than KLM 747 retirement threads, perhaps!).

Particularly irritating at the end of each month, and most of us live in different time zones to the moderator who has to close/open these threads for no added value (that I can see)

atcsundevil

Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:08 pm

sassiciai wrote:
I am unsure that posting here will have the desired effect of bringing this observation to the attention of those responsible for this site! But here goes, anyway!

I am finding it increasingly stupid and irritating (that's just me) that thread titles are now more often than not including some form of dating. About half the threads have a postscript of "<month> 2021" or "Thread 2021" which adds absolutely ZERO to the title!! At the turn of the month, each thread that is date-stamped with the month is closed, and a clone opened, with the <month> updated, of course! The same for threads with a year-life span! On an e-forum in 2021, the "length" of a forum is of no concern! What makes NZ News December 2021 more useful than NZ News November 2021, rather than a thread NZ News? The date of the last post is most interesting, creation date a distant second!

I really cannot think that these date stamps add any value to researchers looking back into the site's history! For that non-benefit, the entire site population has to put up with this pointless dating! If there was a thread with post-script "Thread 1987" then I might begin to understand, but there are no such things (other than KLM 747 retirement threads, perhaps!).

Particularly irritating at the end of each month, and most of us live in different time zones to the moderator who has to close/open these threads for no added value (that I can see)

There are two ends of the spectrum on this discussion. One end believes that these threads shouldn't exist, and that all threads inactive after three weeks should be locked like the old site. The other end of the spectrum believes these threads should exist as one and in perpetuity. Clearly, you're in the latter camp. Our current system is to meet the two in the middle. Keep threads fresh without having hundreds of pages, but keeping them long enough to facilitate long running discussions. It's the compromise we made years ago when we migrated to the new site. I personally tend to agree with your point of view, but it's a surprisingly contentious issue for which we had to find common ground.

calpsafltskeds

Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:36 pm

Page 32 of the United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q4 2021 thread freezes my Brave and Chrome android versions. I have tried this numerous times with the browser having to be closed and restarted, but the page always freezes the browser.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1465351&start=1550
The page is loaded with inline posts on traffic stats by hub

atcsundevil

Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:41 pm

calpsafltskeds wrote:
Page 32 of the United Fleet, Network, and Discussion Thread - Q4 2021 thread freezes my Brave and Chrome android versions. I have tried this numerous times with the browser having to be closed and restarted, but the page always freezes the browser.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1465351&start=1550
The page is loaded with inline posts on traffic stats by hub

I've got the same issue. It's the only thread that's ever done that to me. It keeps freezing until it rolls over to the next page.

nstampede002

Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:19 pm

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like I have had this happen before (and I don't know of a good term to used in a forum search so I'm adding it here rather than a new thread):

Is there a time/moment/period/possibility that a portion of the photos in the DB are "invisible" or not able to be viewed/searched?

I searched for a registration when I finished editing a shot this morning. No photos in the DB per a full text search (viewed on a desktop: top left-hand corner). Search by registration using the "Advanced Search" tool and still no hits. I uploaded the photo as priority twice - rejected twice for some minor tweak-able things. I uploaded it the third time and shortly thereafter I see it is "deprioritized." Now when I click the registration on my Photo Corner > Screening page, I see there are four photos in the DB with the newest one being added in 2012. Full text search and registration search now pull up those same photos. I know when I search with the Advanced Search tool it is fairly easy to have another field/area still selected and end up with no hits on some obscure search but will the full text search, I thought it was fool-proof. :scratchchin:

Josh

mailmover

Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:13 am

sabby wrote:
Is there any way to ignore/block certain threads ? I don't mean as not liking them but rather threads that I have to look/scroll over to get to the threads I want to view. There are many threads that I won't ever be interested in but due to activity, they keep popping up in the first page and I have to keep searching for the the threads I find interesting.

This above question was asked last year without any response.

I, too, would like the option to ignore/block threads so I don't have to scroll through them day after day. When there are hundreds of "XXX Thread - 2022" threads plastered on the first page of CivAv, having to scroll through them to find new topics can be challenging. The old a.net (I know) had new threads in bright red, old threads with new posts in dark red, and old threads without new posts in light blue. This made it very easy to find new threads or current threads that I was interested in.

I realize that that is not possible with the current board.

So, the closest thing to making the board easier to navigate and to quickly find new topics would be an ignore/block option for each and every thread. Just a little check box or drop box at the start or end of each thread.

Another board I frequent has this option and I must have blocked over a hundred threads, never to been seen again. When I revisit, it is so much easier to navigate around.

So can someone ask the developer if it's possible to implement an "ignore thread" option?

Thanks!

tys777

Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:05 pm

mailmover wrote:
sabby wrote:

This above question was asked last year without any response.

I, too, would like the option to ignore/block threads so I don't have to scroll through them day after day. When there are hundreds of "XXX Thread - 2022" threads plastered on the first page of CivAv, having to scroll through them to find new topics can be challenging. The old a.net (I know) had new threads in bright red, old threads with new posts in dark red, and old threads without new posts in light blue. This made it very easy to find new threads or current threads that I was interested in.

I realize that that is not possible with the current board.

So, the closest thing to making the board easier to navigate and to quickly find new topics would be an ignore/block option for each and every thread. Just a little check box or drop box at the start or end of each thread.

Another board I frequent has this option and I must have blocked over a hundred threads, never to been seen again. When I revisit, it is so much easier to navigate around.

So can someone ask the developer if it's possible to implement an "ignore thread" option?

Thanks!

It's been nentioned elsewhere, but the developers currently don't have an appetite to make any changes.

mailmover

Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:30 pm

That's too bad, thanks.

hias

Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:39 pm

Got three pictures accepted today, but they are not showing. Does anybody has a clue why?

Affected IDs are:

hias

Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:01 pm

ID6702377 is now visible. Very strange...

hias

Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:11 pm

Problem seems to be solved. Now all 3 are visible.

argentinevol98

Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:45 pm

I have seemed to encounter a small glitch where my location (when leaving a comment on photos) is listed as "Pennsylvania, Bolivia". More specifically, on the profile view it lists it as "Cochabamba, Pennsylvania, Bolivia". I changed my location several months about from PHL, Pennsylvania, USA to Cochabamba, Bolivia so it must be related to that but I can't seem to figure out what exactly is causing the issue. Not a big deal, but certainly looks odd. Thanks in advance for any help.

Oykie

Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:03 pm

Is there a way we can report obvious spam comment of photos in the database. This one of Icelandair on the front page have two comments that are obviously spam, but I cannot report it.

https://www.airliners.net/photo/Iceland ... AX/6738171

atcsundevil

Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:09 pm

Oykie wrote:
Is there a way we can report obvious spam comment of photos in the database. This one of Icelandair on the front page have two comments that are obviously spam, but I cannot report it.

https://www.airliners.net/photo/Iceland ... AX/6738171

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I've taken care of the account, but unfortunately I can't delete comments on the photo side of the site (I'm a forum moderator and my privileges don't extend to other parts of the site). I've flagged it for other crew members for them to take care of. If you see more of this in the future, please let us know and/or flag the comment. Letting the moderators know as well helps, because we can ban the account and stop it from posting. New users posting to the forum require our approval for their first several posts, but I'm not sure there's a way to filter them out from posting comments to photos.

Oykie

Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:12 pm

Thanks you for taking care of the account. I’ll also flag them in the future