CassidysVacay
Topic Author

Traffic Today

Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:51 am

I've noticed the top photos of the last 24hrs on the front page have stayed at constant fixed view counts for almost a day now. I understand it's Christmas and traffic is low but my Singapore 787-10 has stayed at 170 since uploading almost 24hrs ago.
CHS 787 Spotter

airkas1
Head Screener

Re: Traffic Today

Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:05 am

PanAm_DC10
Community Manager

Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:59 am

Hi

We've had some technical issues and they will be looked at tomorrow the holidays have seen limited developer resources

Paul
Ask the impossible to achieve the best possible

canyonblue17

Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:12 pm

I have never seen a front page photo with less than 100 hits, and yet the last few days there have been several. Did thousands of people stop viewing Airliners.net all of a sudden?
negative ghostrider the pattern is full

airkas1
Head Screener

Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:22 pm

Yeah, that looks pretty odd. Unfortunately the view counter issue is persisting.

nstampede002

Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:45 pm

airkas1 wrote:
Yeah, that looks pretty odd. Unfortunately the view counter issue is persisting.

Kas - Any chance of them freezing screening again (per your above-linked thread)? I priority screened a new DL registration/airframe yesterday only to realize the counters were stuck again - nearly 20 hours on and 0 views. :crazy: Or is the risk of the queue getting out of hand too great if they stop altogether?

Josh

airkas1
Head Screener

Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:07 pm

An increased queue is pretty much the consequence if we freeze screening. Plus of course no photos to populate the Top24h/Top5. When this issue started, we were at a queue of 4200. This went to 5000 in no-time and now it’s a little lower again. There is no ETA on a fix and if we stop screening the queue will get way too long.

canyonblue17

Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:01 am

Thanks for keeping us updated. You often take a lot of heat for explaining/defending the website - thought I’d give you a simple well done and Happy New Year this time. Let us know when it’s fixed!!
negative ghostrider the pattern is full

airkas1
Head Screener

Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:43 am

Thanks and of course likewise for you and everyone else who reads this! Will try to keep the thread in the photography forum updated.

Moose135

Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:45 pm

nstampede002 wrote:
I priority screened a new DL registration/airframe yesterday only to realize the counters were stuck again - nearly 20 hours on and 0 views. :crazy:

But people don't post pictures just to get a big hit count, do they?
;)
KC-135 - Passing gas and taking names!

PanAm_DC10
Community Manager

Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:54 pm

Hi All

To update the developers are currently investigating the view counters and they've managed to partially fix some of the issues but more work is required. The holidays aren't helping and they'll be all back tomorrow

Paul
Ask the impossible to achieve the best possible

nstampede002

Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:16 am

Moose135 wrote:
nstampede002 wrote:
I priority screened a new DL registration/airframe yesterday only to realize the counters were stuck again - nearly 20 hours on and 0 views. :crazy:

But people don't post pictures just to get a big hit count, do they?
;)

Of course somebody will swing at my shallow remark. ;)

While I don't upload "just" to get a big hit count, that is a big part of THIS site. If I was totally careless about exposure and hits, I'd just focus my time to upload to a site with lower standards and kick up that acceptance ratio. But here - not brown-nosing about - the exposure and hits are a big deal. Some of the best folks are here, and I appreciate the info and resources available to better myself as well. But uploading new shots of anything and 0 views in 20 hours is kind of a kick. My bad for thinking things were all good. :mrgreen: I did hold "Top of the last 24 hours" earlier today with a plain 'ole, new-to-the-DB King Air 350i with 88 hits for the no.1 spot. I guess that gives me bragging rights? :lol: Not really. :) Counters look to be working again - I hope that stays that way.

Josh