PanAm_DC10
Community Manager
Topic Author

Airliners.net Forum Updates 1/28/19 - 9:00am EST

Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:55 am

Hi All

The developers will be doing some updates to the forum on 1/28/19 at 9:00 am EST (US Time). The roll out will occur at this time and there will be a 5 to 10 minute time where users will be presented an SSL Certificate Error on the back end/main page and the forums should not be affected. The developers will be doing an internal QA and monitoring the back end but might need a short verification from internal testers and the crew on functionality post conversion around 10:00 am EST.

We are hoping this should be the larger scale and more permanent fix for most of the issues we have experiencing lately.

Thanks

Paul.
Ask the impossible to achieve the best possible

VertScopeJeff
General Manager

Re: Airliners.net Forum Updates 1/28/19 - 9:00am EST

Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:47 pm

Hello all,

We will be starting the update in about 15 minutes (9:00am EST) so please hold off on any screening or uploads until you hear back from me in this thread.

Thanks all,
Jeff M

VertScopeJeff
General Manager

Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:41 pm

Hello all,

Updates are complete, you should be able to upload and screen images now.

Please report any issues here.

Jeff M

Tugger

Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:33 pm

How about this for an issue, I am now seeing this whenever I reply to a post with more than one or two quotes: (Nice big red "X" also shows).

Sorry, you have been blocked
You are unable to access airliners.net
Why have I been blocked?

This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks. The action you just performed triggered the security solution. There are several actions that could trigger this block including submitting a certain word or phrase, a SQL command or malformed data.
What can I do to resolve this?

You can email the site owner to let them know you were blocked. Please include what you were doing when this page came up and the Cloudflare Ray ID found at the bottom of this page.

Cloudflare Ray ID: 4a0d1417c7da99cd • Your IP: 2602:306:3274:360:c488:f30b:3c33:1fe0 • Performance & security by Cloudflare •

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin

VertScopeJeff
General Manager

Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:18 pm

Tugger wrote:
How about this for an issue, I am now seeing this whenever I reply to a post with more than one or two quotes: (Nice big red "X" also shows).

Sorry, you have been blocked
You are unable to access airliners.net
Why have I been blocked?

This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks. The action you just performed triggered the security solution. There are several actions that could trigger this block including submitting a certain word or phrase, a SQL command or malformed data.
What can I do to resolve this?

You can email the site owner to let them know you were blocked. Please include what you were doing when this page came up and the Cloudflare Ray ID found at the bottom of this page.

Cloudflare Ray ID: 4a0d1417c7da99cd • Your IP: 2602:306:3274:360:c488:f30b:3c33:1fe0 • Performance & security by Cloudflare •

Tugg

Thanks Tugg,

Looking into this now.

Jeff M

VertScopeJeff
General Manager

Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:29 pm

Has anybody else seen this error and can you provide details?

Screen shot, location it happened, device info?

Thanks,
Jeff M

VertScopeJeff
General Manager

Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:32 pm

@Tugger

Can you give it a try again the team updated some settings.

Jeff M

Tugger

Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:56 pm

Good morning (where I am ;- ). I haven't posted much the last day but haven't had the problem in the few that I have done. The times it happened I had quoted a post with multiple quotes already contained in it. If I cut out some of the quoted posts it usually went away (it only happened with three or four posts I was trying to make and I worked around it).

I will try to recreate the situation at some point and keep you updated. But as I noted I haven't had the problem recently so fingers crossed :crossfingers:

Thanks,
Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin

VertScopeJeff
General Manager

Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:10 pm

Tugger wrote:
Good morning (where I am ;- ). I haven't posted much the last day but haven't had the problem in the few that I have done. The times it happened I had quoted a post with multiple quotes already contained in it. If I cut out some of the quoted posts it usually went away (it only happened with three or four posts I was trying to make and I worked around it).

I will try to recreate the situation at some point and keep you updated. But as I noted I haven't had the problem recently so fingers crossed :crossfingers:

Thanks,
Tugg

Thanks, good news. I am in Chicago so frozen over here.

Keep me updated on if you have the issue anymore during the day so I can report back to the teams.

Jeff M

VertScopeJeff
General Manager

Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:51 pm

Testing

Jeff M

Andrei1976

Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:34 pm

Hi, everybody.
While changing profile photo I've got this notification:
Sorry, you have been blocked. You are unable to access Airliners.net
Why have I been blocked? This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks. The action you just performed triggered the security solution. There are several actions that could trigger this block including submitting a certain word or phrase, a SQL command or malformed data.
What can I do to resolve this? You can email the site owner to let them know you were blocked. Please include what you were doing when this page came up and the Cloudflare Ray ID found at the bottom of this page.
Cloudflare Ray ID: 4b03e240afebcb02 • Your IP: 109.126.5.253 • Performance & security by Cloudflare •
Need helpful advice.

acavpics

Mon May 06, 2019 11:06 pm

Andrei1976 wrote:
Hi, everybody.
Why have I been blocked? This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks. The action you just performed triggered the security solution. There are several actions that could trigger this block including submitting a certain word or phrase, a SQL command or malformed data.
What can I do to resolve this? You can email the site owner to let them know you were blocked. Please include what you were doing when this page came up and the Cloudflare Ray ID found at the bottom of this page.
Cloudflare Ray ID: 4b03e240afebcb02 • Your IP: 109.126.5.253 • Performance & security by Cloudflare •
Need helpful advice.

VertScopeJeff wrote:
Hello all,

Updates are complete, you should be able to upload and screen images now.

Please report any issues here.

I'm also having that issue. I've tried this thing for several weeks. But the same outcome over and over again. Really not sure about what to do at this point.

colemcandrew

Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:34 am

Andrei1976 wrote:
Hi, everybody.
Need helpful advice.

I am also having this issue. Aswell with attempting to add a cover photo

JohnKrist
Head Support

Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:54 am

Regarding profile pics there is a separate thread
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1338787
5D Mark III, 7D, 17-40 F4 L, 70-200 F2.8 L IS II, Canon 50mm 1.4, Sigma 50mm 1.4 ART, Sigma 105mm 1.4 ART, EF 1.4x II, EF 2x III, SPEEDLITE 600EX-RT