Virtual737
Topic Author

Still no notification for forum post deletion

Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:18 am

This post might sound a bit like a rant and, so I guess it is.

Are the "developers" actually working on anything in this site?

To have posts disappear from the forums without any notification whatsoever (and so no idea how to correct any inaction) is;

1.) Damned frustrating
2.) A statement from the "owners" of A.Net that they don't really give a damn about you or we would have done something about it by now. How long does it take?

Moderators, this is finger pointing at A.Net, not at the moderators.

casinterest

Re: Still no notification for forum post deletion

Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:41 pm

Virtual737 wrote:
This post might sound a bit like a rant and, so I guess it is.

Are the "developers" actually working on anything in this site?

To have posts disappear from the forums without any notification whatsoever (and so no idea how to correct any inaction) is;

1.) Damned frustrating
2.) A statement from the "owners" of A.Net that they don't really give a damn about you or we would have done something about it by now. How long does it take?

Moderators, this is finger pointing at A.Net, not at the moderators.

The finger should be pointed at both. The owners and the moderators are not doing an effective job at running the site anymore.
Where ever you go, there you are.

Armadillo1

Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:40 am

dont want to blame anyone, but notification about post deletion will be nice

and thanks to moderators in past years did in manually - i think now they tired to do so

Virtual737
Topic Author

Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:54 am

casinterest wrote:
The finger should be pointed at both. The owners and the moderators are not doing an effective job at running the site anymore.

I think the moderators are doing the best they can with the tools they have. They are not paid nor are employees as has been pointed out many times.

Any failings of the site and lack of tools to make it work properly are down to the owners, nobody else.

qf789

Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:19 am

Virtual737 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

I think the moderators are doing the best they can with the tools they have. They are not paid nor are employees as has been pointed out many times.

Any failings of the site and lack of tools to make it work properly are down to the owners, nobody else.

casinterest, if you are going to make such bold claims, back them up with some evidence. By the way since we are doing such a crap job according to you where was your application when we recently advertised for new moderators.

In regards to deletion notifications we have requested for the owners to add them, we have been asking them for the past 3 years but at this stage nothing has happened and we don't know when that will be fixed, until then we are stuck with what we have.
Forum Moderator

qf789

Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:23 am

Armadillo1 wrote:
dont want to blame anyone, but notification about post deletion will be nice

and thanks to moderators in past years did in manually - i think now they tired to do so

As far as I am aware we have never done them manually, its got nothing to do with us being tired, there are only 6 moderators currently and we have had a heavy workload in recent months with the forums being the busiest they have been plus there are lot with little of no respect for the rules or other users for that matter, on top of that sending out notifications is time consuming and we simply do not have the time to do it so we have said repetitively if you have a query on a deletion to email us and we will respond with a reason why
Forum Moderator

casinterest

Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:36 pm

qf789 wrote:
Virtual737 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

casinterest, if you are going to make such bold claims, back them up with some evidence. By the way since we are doing such a crap job according to you where was your application when we recently advertised for new moderators.

In regards to deletion notifications we have requested for the owners to add them, we have been asking them for the past 3 years but at this stage nothing has happened and we don't know when that will be fixed, until then we are stuck with what we have.

I can back it up. This site and it's mods have deleted highly charged discussions in the non-av forum that reflect the very highly charged conversations going on in the US. The "site rules" and "site tools" are not being followed by the mods when wiping these threads clean on all sides of political or business oriented discussions.

As for the site. It has been this way for how long? Seems like the owners have no real interest in improvement.

SQ22

Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:36 pm

casinterest wrote:
I can back it up. This site and it's mods have deleted highly charged discussions in the non-av forum that reflect the very highly charged conversations going on in the US. The "site rules" and "site tools" are not being followed by the mods when wiping these threads clean on all sides of political or business oriented discussions.

As for the site. It has been this way for how long? Seems like the owners have no real interest in improvement.

And before making such accusations as you just did, may I ask you if you have checked if these "highly charged" discussions might have violated any forum rules, hence moderators have stepped in?

casinterest

Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:52 pm

SQ22 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

And before making such accusations as you just did, may I ask you if you have checked if these "highly charged" discussions might have violated any forum rules, hence moderators have stepped in?

The mods didn't step in, They squashed it. And these highly charged discussions were started from a Government level, so squashing a whole thread is just ignoring the problem and pretending it goes away.

But like I said, it has been years and the owners of this site have no interest in bringing the tools back to what they were when the rules were originally developed, so why should the rules apply?

SQ22

Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:57 pm

casinterest wrote:
SQ22 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

The mods didn't step in, They squashed it. And these highly charged discussions were started from a Government level, so squashing a whole thread is just ignoring the problem and pretending it goes away.

But like I said, it has been years and the owners of this site have no interest in bringing the tools back to what they were when the rules were originally developed, so why should the rules apply?

Maybe the problem was the initial post. Based on my own experience I can tell you that I had to delete complete threads because the initial post was violating forum rules. Anyway I fully agree automatic deletion notifications would be a big step forward.

casinterest

Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:36 pm

SQ22 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
SQ22 wrote:

Maybe the problem was the initial post. Based on my own experience I can tell you that I had to delete complete threads because the initial post was violating forum rules. Anyway I fully agree automatic deletion notifications would be a big step forward.

But there lies the problem. No one knows how or why. In the old days, there were decent email discussions about what happened and why.

SQ22

Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:50 pm

casinterest wrote:
SQ22 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

But there lies the problem. No one knows how or why. In the old days, there were decent email discussions about what happened and why.

In case you are the topic author of the deleted post and write a mail to [email protected] you will receive a response why the thread has been deleted.

Armadillo1

Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:35 pm

about deleted topic about gendered language - pls write me if i said something wrong

qf789

Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:12 am

Armadillo1 wrote:
about deleted topic about gendered language - pls write me if i said something wrong

As stated above if you have a query related to a deleted post or topic please email us at [email protected] to discuss further
Forum Moderator

BrooklyBOMgal

Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:15 am

Come on....the mods are doing a fine job. They know which posts to delete and which to retain. How can you question them?