cougar15
Topic Author

1 line threads with a link only

Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:36 pm

Must be getting old, but I thought one line threads with a link only were against forum rules? I may not want to click my way through a bunch of links on a ´mouse cinema´ (aehm smartphone), but it seems these are becoming routine again these days in Civ Av ...…, even with the forum rules firmly pinned to the top of the forum.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1427831

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1427779

That's page 1, plenty more ´further down the road´......

Thoughts?
some you lose, others you can´t win!

BWIAirport

Re: 1 line threads with a link only

Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:08 pm

I don't have a problem with it. I normally summarize the articles when I start a topic, but these users give a good, descriptive title and present the source. Not a lot more needed IMO.
Next flight: November 23 BA216 IAD-LHR A388
November 24 BA814 LHR-CPH A320

SWA, UAL, DAL, AWE, ASA, TRS, DLH, CLH, AFR, BAW, EIN, AAL | E190 DC94 CRJ2 B712 B733 B737 B738 B739 B744 B752 B753 B762 B77W A319 A320 A321 A333 A343 A388 MD88

atcsundevil

Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:57 pm

cougar15 wrote:
Must be getting old, but I thought one line threads with a link only were against forum rules? I may not want to click my way through a bunch of links on a ´mouse cinema´ (aehm smartphone), but it seems these are becoming routine again these days in Civ Av ...…, even with the forum rules firmly pinned to the top of the forum.

Thoughts?

It's definitely something that we discourage, and we will delete the thread if we get to it quickly. However, if we can't get to it quickly, it sometimes causes more harm to delete the thread than to let it stand. It's not fair to the users who are discussing the topic to have their posts removed because the OP didn't put effort into creating the topic. Ideally we would get to it quickly, but unfortunately that doesn't always happen.

SQ22

Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:26 am

atcsundevil wrote:
cougar15 wrote:

Thoughts?

It's definitely something that we discourage, and we will delete the thread if we get to it quickly. However, if we can't get to it quickly, it sometimes causes more harm to delete the thread than to let it stand. It's not fair to the users who are discussing the topic to have their posts removed because the OP didn't put effort into creating the topic. Ideally we would get to it quickly, but unfortunately that doesn't always happen.

And let me add that you can help us by reporting these threads, we do not browse to all threads anytime, as mentioned above.

cougar15
Topic Author

Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:25 pm

SQ22 wrote:
atcsundevil wrote:
cougar15 wrote:

Thoughts?

And let me add that you can help us by reporting these threads, we do not browse to all threads anytime, as mentioned above.

I did just that a moment ago, funny/strange example.....a right orientated site bashing DA with poor reporting , but anyway...! Over to you Esquires!
some you lose, others you can´t win!