EK77WNH
Topic Author

Can't Access the Forums

Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:44 pm

Several months ago, my long-standing account (ChrisNH) was blocked from entering the forums. I could successfully log onto the main airliners.net site, but got the 'Error 502' code upon trying to go the next step into the Forums. Almost as though the main site and the Forums are disconnected from each other. It didn't matter the PC or iPad I was using or the day I tried; it happened on every device and all the time. Clearing the cache/browsing history was fruitless, too. I tried all the 'normal' things on my end and nothing worked. I inquired whether I might have been banned. I knew I hadn't, and responders confirmed as much.

Anyway, having had ChrisNH for well over a decade, it was a sad thing to lose access to the forums. So, I managed to get a new screen name which is OK but I'd much rather have the one I had.

Any suggestions?
Next Trip:
JAL 7-8 BOS-NRT-BOS, 787-9
September

atcsundevil

Re: Can't Access the Forums

Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:53 pm

EK77WNH wrote:
Several months ago, my long-standing account (ChrisNH) was blocked from entering the forums. I could successfully log onto the main airliners.net site, but got the 'Error 502' code upon trying to go the next step into the Forums. Almost as though the main site and the Forums are disconnected from each other. It didn't matter the PC or iPad I was using or the day I tried; it happened on every device and all the time. Clearing the cache/browsing history was fruitless, too. I tried all the 'normal' things on my end and nothing worked. I inquired whether I might have been banned. I knew I hadn't, and responders confirmed as much.

Anyway, having had ChrisNH for well over a decade, it was a sad thing to lose access to the forums. So, I managed to get a new screen name which is OK but I'd much rather have the one I had.

Any suggestions?

We definitely only want you having one account, so we'll need to sort that out. Please send an email to [email protected] and describe the issue. They should hopefully be able to resolve your situation.

PanAm_DC10
Community Manager

Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:39 am

Hi Chris

We have merged the accounts back to ChrisNH and have logged in and accessed forums on IE, Chrome, Safari and Firefox. Let us hope that it works now for you.
Ask the impossible to achieve the best possible

jetmechanicdave

Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:30 pm

My bad I did not know there were account issues. I will release the bans on these accounts while you guys work on this.
Aircraft Mechanic and Airliners.net Forum Moderator

JohnKrist
Head Support

Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:35 am

jetmechanicdave wrote:
My bad I did not know there were account issues. I will release the bans on these accounts while you guys work on this.

We have a few users experiencing this, really weird. They can log in on main page but not even read forum. When logged out they can. About 10 users that I know of.
5D Mark III, 7D, 17-40 F4 L, 70-200 F2.8 L IS II, Canon 50mm 1.4, Sigma 50mm 1.4 ART, Sigma 105mm 1.4 ART, EF 1.4x II, EF 2x III, SPEEDLITE 600EX-RT