freakyrat

Re: The Spam Pop-Ups Have Gotten Out Of Hand

Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:58 pm

777222LR wrote:
    They really have. Almost every time I open this site, navigate to another page of the site, or try to post (as just happened now), I get a browser redirect to update flash, or something else scammy. When can we expect a fix to this? It's been ongoing for quite some time.

I constantly get this browser redirect and I'm on Apple that doesn't use Flash or Java.

freakyrat

Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:03 pm

freakyrat wrote:
      777222LR wrote:
      They really have. Almost every time I open this site, navigate to another page of the site, or try to post (as just happened now), I get a browser redirect to update flash, or something else scammy. When can we expect a fix to this? It's been ongoing for quite some time.

I constantly get this browser redirect and I'm on Apple that doesn't use Flash or Java.

Disabled Java Script in Safari and the annoying browser redirect stopped.

stl07

Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:56 am

Whenever I use my iPhone on a.net I get redirected to a site claiming I won a trillion dollars. Haha
      Interesting how every thread is spammed with "bring back paid membership, there are too many spammers"

777222LR

Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:59 pm

freakyrat wrote:
      freakyrat wrote:
        777222LR wrote:

Disabled Java Script in Safari and the annoying browser redirect stopped.

Yes, however, most sites require me to use java. I have to switch it back on to visit other sites and I often have multiple windows open. It's really ridiculous that this site has gotten this way.

SQ22

Re: Alert of "phishing"

Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:01 pm

When posting here and reporting issues it would be helpful if you can provide the following information (as mentioned above):

If we know the device, browser and active add-ons the user was using we can begin to look into it, but without a screen grab we don't have much to explore to see if it is a new or if it is the same issue. Let us know if the user is still running into this issue or if something pops up again.

You can post it here or send a mail to [email protected]. We will forward it to the developers. Thanks.

VertScopeAdmin
        General Manager

Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:45 pm

Been in talks with the Ad techs about this and they need some help in retrieving a HAR file for this. A HAR file is a complete log of processes running on your browser and we need that log when a popup happens so we can supply it to the techs.

This will only be possible for those using a Mac or other desktop machine. Mobile devices won't do it, though hopefully the info retrieved will help both.

Next time anyone using a Mac and Safari gets this, please follow these steps.

1. Open the Develop menu and select Show Web Inspector. (If you don't see the Develop menu in the menu bar, choose Safari > Preferences, click Advanced, then select “Show Develop menu in menu bar”.
        2. Click the Network tab
        3. Click the download icon (the arrow pointing down icon) and save the web archive file.
        4. Let us know you have the file and we'll contact you by email so you can send it to us (site won't support the file type you'll have)

I hope that make sense. I'm not a Mac user myself, but I ran it by a co-worker who is, and they helped me iron it out

Kevin

Revelation

Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:00 pm

VertScopeAdmin wrote:
        Kevin

Kevin,

Thanks for looking in to the phishing issue.

Any chance you can look also into the CAPTCHA issue ?

I gave the full text of the screen in my post on the previous page.

The same issue was happening this morning, US East Coast time.
        Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
        The heart has its beaches, its homeland and thoughts of its own
        Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
        The heart has its seasons, its evenings and songs of its own

VertScopeAdmin
        General Manager

Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:55 pm

Sorry, missed that one.That captcha step happens to you everytime you try and post to a thread? Or just certain ones?

Kevin

Revelation

Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:12 pm

VertScopeAdmin wrote:
        Sorry, missed that one.That captcha step happens to you everytime you try and post to a thread? Or just certain ones?

Kevin

Unfortunately, it comes and goes.

It happened on the day that I and Doc Lightening posted, and it happened again yesterday.

It lasted for a few hours then it went away.

Seems to perhaps be related to server or network load, since at the same time the forum also seemed to slow when just reading instead of posting.
        Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
        The heart has its beaches, its homeland and thoughts of its own
        Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
        The heart has its seasons, its evenings and songs of its own

SQ22

Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:25 am

When I was fixing a typo in the thread tile I got the captcha asking for verification.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1429717

TSS
        Topic Author

Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:47 am

Got a new phishing ad just now, telling me I'd won an AT&T gift certificate and only needed to answer 9 questions to claim it.

The address- http://happy.luckyparkclub.com/bonus/co ... dn/lp1.php?

I've been getting the Captcha verification as well, but almost exclusively when I've had a post window open for a while before hitting "submit" such as when I'm searching for an image or article to link to. I just assumed it was part of website security.

Edited to add: Got the AT&T phishing ad two more times in the space of four minutes after posting the above message. This after having not gotten any phishing ads at all for several days.
        Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

VertScopeAdmin
        General Manager

Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:33 pm

Yesterday a attempted fix for these was applied. Narrowed down on a source and cut it out of the site. The affects might take up to 48hrs to take root, so keep the fresh reports coming and we'll see what we see. It's very possible there were multiple sources that we'll need to track

Kevin