Boeing727
Topic Author

AIRLINERS.NET Aircraft Technical Data and Specification

Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:09 pm

I tried to look up some data on the A350 and wondering why the Aircraft Technical Data and Specification on AIRLINERS.NET is not kept up to date? No criticism here, just curious since the rest of the website seems to be used continuously.

Thanks

Polot

Re: AIRLINERS.NET Aircraft Technical Data and Specification

Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:16 pm

Those pages haven’t been touched since the original owners sold this site years ago. Even then they were known for often being fairly inaccurate/out of date.

atcsundevil

Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:08 am

Boeing727 wrote:
I tried to look up some data on the A350 and wondering why the Aircraft Technical Data and Specification on AIRLINERS.NET is not kept up to date? No criticism here, just curious since the rest of the website seems to be used continuously.

Thanks

It's probably been about 7-8 years since any of that has been updated, apart from when it was copied over from the old site when this site launched a little over three years ago. I don't even know who would be responsible for that info, or who would be able to make changes to it. I assume that only the developers have the ability to make changes, meaning it's effectively outside of our control.

lindy field

Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:44 pm

The bulk of the Aircraft Technical Data and Specifications section on the page comes from The International Directory of Civil Aircraft by Gerard Frawley and was used with permission. But the most recent edition of the book was published back in 2003. The former volunteer editors of the site (of which I was one) occasionally updated the entries and added new ones (the A380 and 787-8 entries are examples) in the style of the original entries. We also selected sample photos for the entries if the original ones had been removed by the photographers. But as Airliners has changed hands over the years and the site overhauled and in some respects improved, the editors' tools were neglected and a number of them were broken and never repaired. Many of the most active editors eventually moved on and left the site, and the editors' team here is smaller than it used to be. They probably can't update the Data and Specifications section even if they wanted to, and chances are the current site owners don't even know it exists.