TVNWZ
Topic Author

Why Not More Moderators?

Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:03 am

I read constantly how you have difficulty moderating everything because of relatively small group of moderators. Since you’re not paid, why not add more moderators? Or do you just not get the interest?

qf789

Re: Why Not More Moderators?

Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:24 pm

TVNWZ wrote:
I read constantly how you have difficulty moderating everything because of relatively small group of moderators. Since you’re not paid, why not add more moderators? Or do you just not get the interest?

We added 4 moderators only a few months ago. The Head moderators decided that for the time being that would be enough and the situation would be reviewed in 6 months. While some showed interest and we did receive some good applications we also received an application for one who had been permanently banned from the suit and couple others who had long rap sheets so selecting the right candidates is crucial to finding the right people for the job
Forum Moderator

TSS

Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:14 am

qf789 wrote:
we also received an application for one who had been permanently banned from the suit and couple others who had long rap sheets so selecting the right candidates is crucial to finding the right people for the job

If nothing else, I'm sure those applications had to be entertaining to read.
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

tommy1808

Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:27 pm

TVNWZ wrote:

Having been a mod in my local equivalent site for years I can tell you that a big problem with larger moderator teams is to work in a consistent fashion. So there are limits how many mods you can throw at a problem.
But I think the mods are quite happy when people use the notification button (with some common sense), and usually react quickly.

qf789 wrote:
so selecting the right candidates is crucial to finding the right people for the job

Wouldn't the ration between notifications send by one user and how often that was acted upon be a good indicator?

Best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......