extender
Topic Author

Posts Disappearing

Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:51 pm

Not sure if this is the correct way to do it, but I have had posts in threads disappear. Who can I inquire to about this? There has to be some record of this in the logs.

Thanks in advance.

atcsundevil

Re: Posts Disappearing

Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:00 pm

extender wrote:
Not sure if this is the correct way to do it, but I have had posts in threads disappear. Who can I inquire to about this? There has to be some record of this in the logs.

Thanks in advance.

Your posts may have been deleted by a moderator. Users are not sent notifications of deletions. Most deletions are due to a referenced post deletion, meaning a user's post has been deleted, so the subsequent replies to that post are removed as well. In those cases, obviously the users replying aren't at any fault, but we have to remove the posts to completely remove the offending post. If you think your posts have been deleted, you can always email us at [email protected]. We generally get back to users fairly quickly.

extender
Topic Author

Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:06 pm

Thanks for the quick reply.

extender
Topic Author

Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:07 am

The logs have to reflect which moderator is deleting the posts, because it happened again, and it wasn't a Referenced Post Deleted type thing. Time to send the email...

atcsundevil

Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:20 pm

extender wrote:
The logs have to reflect which moderator is deleting the posts, because it happened again, and it wasn't a Referenced Post Deleted type thing. Time to send the email...

Yes, our logs show who removed the post, and it displays the reason given. You've been on this site for a long time, so you must know that this isn't a recent thing. This is how it's worked since we moved to the new site about three and a half years ago. You can always ask us about a deletion, and we'll always give you an answer, you just need to email us. We haven't had automated notifications since the old site.

extender
Topic Author

Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:10 pm

Thanks.

Virtual737

Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:52 pm

atcsundevil wrote:
You can always ask us about a deletion, and we'll always give you an answer, you just need to email us.

Would need to actually know that it was deleted first.

That is part of the reason why I'm finding it harder and harder to bite my tongue here, which I mostly apologise for and no doubt why I just received a "board warning".

As a software developer myself, I can only think the newish owners of the site can't be bothered.

atcsundevil

Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:33 pm

Virtual737 wrote:
As a software developer myself, I can only think the newish owners of the site can't be bothered.

You would be correct.