mailmover
Topic Author

Suggest removing all regional threads from Civil Aviation

Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:55 pm

I suggest moving all the regional threads/topics from Civil Aviation into a new forum, maybe called something like "Regional Aviation".

I don't post much on a.nut but I do like to read through interesting topics in Civil Aviation without having to scroll page after page around these regional focused threads.
It is currently just too overwhelming and needs cleaning up.

Specifically, what I'd liked TPTB to consider is moving all threads that start with 'XXXXX Aviation Thread', where XXXXX is a geographic location, to a new forum.
I shouldn't have to go to page 5 just to see yesterdays topics!

Either that or give us a topic 'ignore' button so I can banish all these threads once and for all.

Thanks for any insight.

Ishrion

Re: Suggest removing all regional threads from Civil Aviation

Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:31 am

Just wait, they’ll gradually die out until something noteworthy pops up for a specific region. Since 2020 just started, there was a flood of every 2019 thread version being updated and locked.

It’ll go back to normal in a few days. Besides... there really hasn’t been much news lately.

qf789

Re: Suggest removing all regional threads from Civil Aviation

Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:12 am

mailmover wrote:
I suggest moving all the regional threads/topics from Civil Aviation into a new forum, maybe called something like "Regional Aviation".

I don't post much on a.nut but I do like to read through interesting topics in Civil Aviation without having to scroll page after page around these regional focused threads.
It is currently just too overwhelming and needs cleaning up.

Specifically, what I'd liked TPTB to consider is moving all threads that start with 'XXXXX Aviation Thread', where XXXXX is a geographic location, to a new forum.
I shouldn't have to go to page 5 just to see yesterdays topics!

Either that or give us a topic 'ignore' button so I can banish all these threads once and for all.

Thanks for any insight.

As already pointed out we have just only opened 2020 versions of all continuous threads, which is well over 100 different topics and then locked the old ones hence why some news items are on page 5. Some time needs to be given to allow things to go back to normal.

Additionally all these topics are already civil aviation based so I see no need to start a new section for these threads. Like it or not all these threads add value to the site and promote a community feeling. These continuous threads also are valuable in the sense that they prevent a lot of smaller topics being opened up. In the Australian Aviation thread alone on average we can discuss well over 50 different things a month, if this thread didn't exist than there would be a lot more topics to look through to find what you are after.

If you feel other users are in support of this well we need to see it to consider it otherwise the answer is no and make a case for it.

I would also advise you to subscribe to the topics that you want to read, that way you will get a notification when someone posts in that thread.
Forum Moderator