SDUMIA
Topic Author

Why was my thread locked?

Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:47 pm

Good morning,

Yesterday I posted a thread regarding a flight DL flight diversion while I was onboard. Within a few hours it was locked and I was unable to update. There was one comment from someone who was not satisfied that I was not updating the thread fast enough and this person suggested to lock and delete my post. However, I do not see any reason for locking my thread.....

Did I violate any rule?

ParkFSI

Re: Why was my thread locked?

Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:13 pm

Who knows, I’ve been on several aviation and ham radio forum’s throughout the years and have never had any problems. I’m new to A.net and old threads I have replied to, threads I have started and post I’ve made have been deleted and I have two board warnings !
Thread killer

SDUMIA
Topic Author

Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:31 pm

ParkFSI wrote:
Who knows, I’ve been on several aviation and ham radio forum’s throughout the years and have never had any problems. I’m new to A.net and old threads I have replied to, threads I have started and post I’ve made have been deleted and I have two board warnings !

I’m also fairly new to A.net, I don’t post much but yesterday I was in a situation and was trying to post in real time as the diversion was unfolding (to the best of my ability).

Seems strange that my post was locked because of one comment that complained that I was not updating fast enough.

Bottom line is if there’s no explanation as to why it was locked, then why should I spend my time posting on A.net?

atcsundevil

Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:18 am

SDUMIA wrote:
I’m also fairly new to A.net, I don’t post much but yesterday I was in a situation and was trying to post in real time as the diversion was unfolding (to the best of my ability).

Seems strange that my post was locked because of one comment that complained that I was not updating fast enough.

Bottom line is if there’s no explanation as to why it was locked, then why should I spend my time posting on A.net?

You should hopefully be receiving a reply from the moderator that locked the thread soon. We obviously aren't on here all the time, so sometimes it takes a little while to get a response from specific mods.

tys777

Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:38 am

SDUMIA wrote:
Good morning,

Yesterday I posted a thread regarding a flight DL flight diversion while I was onboard. Within a few hours it was locked and I was unable to update. There was one comment from someone who was not satisfied that I was not updating the thread fast enough and this person suggested to lock and delete my post. However, I do not see any reason for locking my thread.....

Did I violate any rule?

Good evening (for me),

Apologies on not replying sooner. I was busy having a family day today and didn't have a chance to reply until now.

I've made the decision to delete an off topic discussion that was happening and have unlocked the thread so that you can post any updates that you wish.

Sorry again for the delay.

James/Tys777

xwb777

Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:12 pm

Why was my recent thread regarding Flydubai locked? An explanation must be given every time a thread is locked.

atcsundevil

Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:21 pm

xwb777 wrote:
Why was my recent thread regarding Flydubai locked? An explanation must be given every time a thread is locked.

Your thread wasn't locked, it was deleted, so that's why there was no information posted. You can't just copy and paste information from sources. You need to include your own commentary whenever you're posting, especially when creating a new topic. That's a requirement in the forum rules since this is a discussion forum, not a news site.

SDUMIA
Topic Author

Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:30 pm

tys777 wrote:
SDUMIA wrote:
Good morning,

Did I violate any rule?

Good evening (for me),

Apologies on not replying sooner. I was busy having a family day today and didn't have a chance to reply until now.

I've made the decision to delete an off topic discussion that was happening and have unlocked the thread so that you can post any updates that you wish.

Sorry again for the delay.

James/Tys777

Thank you :)