Moderators: richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

asdf
Topic Author

Why was my post deleted yesterday, and now same theme is opened by another user

Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:30 am

yesterday afternoon I opened a thread in civil aviation about the fact that 4U / Germanwings will be closed forever (and some other LH informations in the link i provided)

i even excerpted the main content and to avoid a erroneous deletion from a moderator who is not able or willing to read the information (and thinks this is only a corona related business interruption) I translated it in English.

nevertheless my thread got deleted immediately.

a few hours later someone posted the exact same information
with the same links
in another thread

it has not been deleted till now
why has my thread been deleted?

asdf
Topic Author

Re: Why was my post deleted yesterday, and now same theme is opened by another user

Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:47 am

this is the other, later created thread
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1444213

qf789

Re: Why was my post deleted yesterday, and now same theme is opened by another user

Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:27 pm

asdf wrote:
yesterday afternoon I opened a thread in civil aviation about the fact that 4U / Germanwings will be closed forever (and some other LH informations in the link i provided)

i even excerpted the main content and to avoid a erroneous deletion from a moderator who is not able or willing to read the information (and thinks this is only a corona related business interruption) I translated it in English.

nevertheless my thread got deleted immediately.

a few hours later someone posted the exact same information
with the same links
in another thread

it has not been deleted till now
why has my thread been deleted?

Because when posting newsworthy articles you must add your own comments, after all its a discussion forum not a news reporting service. There was only a quote from an article and no user comments hence why it was deleted.

There is also no need for your rude and obnoxious tone, I refer to the following comment

to avoid a erroneous deletion from a moderator who is not able or willing to read the information

Comments such as these will be ignored in the future
Forum Moderator

asdf
Topic Author

Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:02 pm

qf789 wrote:
Because when posting newsworthy articles you must add your own comments, after all its a discussion forum not a news reporting service. There was only a quote from an article and no user comments hence why it was deleted.

my post was quoting a text part and the source
no opinion

i am sorry
i could not found anything in the forum rules that a personal opinion is required

btw:

THIS is the startposting a few hours later

——————————————————————————————

Lufthansa is retiring 6 A380s, 7 A340-600s, 3 A340-300s, 5 747-400s, 11 A320s.

Eurowings is retiring 10 A320s.

The 6 A380s were originally set to be retired in 2022, but will now be accelerated.

https://newsroom.lufthansagroup.com/eng ... a5d5b2c0d3

it containes only a fragment of information my deleted posting did

and I cant find a opinion in this one anyway ...

its not deleted till now ....

edit:
so you would suggest to report such start postings, only containing a news information with source, but not a opinion?
well, maybe we can start with this one?
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1444009

atcsundevil

Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:18 am

asdf wrote:
qf789 wrote:

no opinion

i am sorry
i could not found anything in the forum rules that a personal opinion is required

btw:

The 6 A380s were originally set to be retired in 2022, but will now be accelerated.

its not deleted till now ....

edit:
so you would suggest to report such start postings, only containing a news information with source, but not a opinion?
well, maybe we can start with this one?

Rule 1i:
3. As this is a discussion forum, do not post links, news stories or press releases without adding your own comments to them. Links should always be accompanied by some description of the link content.
4. Thread starting posts MUST contain your own commentary, as well as sources (quotes are optional, but recommended) if applicable.
5. Thread starters which only contain links and/or quotes with limited or no commentary will be deleted. Our members can get news in many places. It is your comments that will make the post interesting and worth responding to. Please be sure to only copy/paste portions of an article (see Section 5 – Copyrights and Advertising).

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1393247

Your thread only included links, a copy/paste from the German article, and a direct Google Translate of that portion. Your thread did not meet the criteria to create a thread, and was therefore removed.

asdf
Topic Author

Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:52 pm

atcsundevil wrote:
asdf wrote:
qf789 wrote:

no opinion

i am sorry

btw:

its not deleted till now .....

I take note that the moderation apparently does not want to answer my clear question that has been asked several times

why do you delete a post, not complying with rules but you allow to replace it with another post, even more not complying with the rules ...

atcsundevil

Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:29 pm

asdf wrote:
I take note that the moderation apparently does not want to answer my clear question that has been asked several times

why do you delete a post, not complying with rules but you allow to replace it with another post, even more not complying with the rules ...

I didn't think an explanation was required when the rule I posted should have made it clear, but here we go.

You posted a thread without any of your own words. It was deleted.

The new thread of the same topic contains the user's own words. It was not deleted.

The rule is just so you don't slap a few quotes with a link and post. If you provide a brief summary of the article in your own words, it fulfills the requirement. The new thread is in the user's own words, and therefore fulfills the requirement.

Hopefully this answer will be to your satisfaction.

Ishrion

Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:39 am

asdf wrote:

I created this thread. Originally, it was titled "Lufthansa Retiring A380s, 747s, A340s, A320s" which is why it seems fragmented.

I believe you made that Germawings closure thread. The mods decided to merge them under one topic and change the title to consolidate everything.

Also, for what it's worth, when I created this thread, there was no other thread on the Lufthansa fleet update/Germanwings closure. It only seemed like a few hours after yours was deleted because mine was updated to the overall topic.

asdf
Topic Author

Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:00 am

Ishrion wrote:
asdf wrote:

I created this thread. Originally, it was titled "Lufthansa Retiring A380s, 747s, A340s, A320s" which is why it seems fragmented.

I believe you made that Germawings closure thread. The mods decided to merge them under one topic and change the title to consolidate everything.

Also, for what it's worth, when I created this thread, there was no other thread on the Lufthansa fleet update/Germanwings closure. It only seemed like a few hours after yours was deleted because mine was updated to the overall topic.

That didn't go against you, at all.

And I don't really care who deletes which post from me.
I am here since a few years.
So I am used to it a lot.

What is a little annoying is the unqualified work of the moderators here,
specially if it concerns not US-American attendees.

Even the moderator of my deleted posting (which he most likely did not read and assumed it was not the complete discontinuation of an well known airline brand from one of the largest operators in europe, but only a temporary setting in the course of the corona crisis) a few days ago did exactly the same thing as me a week ago in the thread

He (or another moderator) edited it in the meantime and added the starting sentence
„Airbus is expected to decide in the next couple of weeks on a production rate cut for the A320family. Reuters is reporting that one source says the rate cut could see the current rate of 60 aircraft per month reduced by half while another source says it will be reduced to 36 per month.„
after I pointed that out in this thread
Before that , it was only a link to a piece of news and a quoted of a part of the content.
Nothing else.
No comment.
Apparently not a problem.

You can check any time you want.
About one of 20 starting posts are exactly what they are.
Breaking news, a link to it, a part of the content.
Wasn’t a problem at all in the past.

Instead of „pretending“ a fault in my opening thread a professional moderator after my complaints here would have reacted like:

„Oops … seems, I was to quick on that …. well, you see …. I can’t restore it, because the later opened thread is pretty well visited and filled up with postings. Sorry, man … you like me to move your post into the other thread …“ ?

THIS would be a professional reply
NOT to find „faults“ if the fault has been on moderators site

He would have deleted it anyway, even if I would have done a summary of it (what is pretty useless, but anyway, that seem to be the rules)

And only for reference:
My posting was a few hours earlier than yours …

qf789

Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:07 pm

asdf wrote:

What is a little annoying is the unqualified work of the moderators here,
specially if it concerns not US-American attendees.

That is a load of rubbish. Your thread was deleted as you didnt add your own comments which has already been pointed out to you. It has nothing to do from where the moderator is from

Even the moderator of my deleted posting (which he most likely did not read and assumed it was not the complete discontinuation of an well known airline brand from one of the largest operators in europe, but only a temporary setting in the course of the corona crisis) a few days ago did exactly the same thing as me a week ago in the thread

Again if you had provided your own comments the topic would have stayed as it was, you didnt and therefore it was deleted. Take responsibility for your own actions rather than blame others

https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1444009

He (or another moderator) edited it in the meantime and added the starting sentence
„Airbus is expected to decide in the next couple of weeks on a production rate cut for the A320family. Reuters is reporting that one source says the rate cut could see the current rate of 60 aircraft per month reduced by half while another source says it will be reduced to 36 per month.„
after I pointed that out in this thread
Before that , it was only a link to a piece of news and a quoted of a part of the content.
Nothing else.
No comment.
Apparently not a problem.

The thread has not been edited and I will warn you now to be careful on what accusations you make without proof. The difference between your thread and mine is that I actually put the information available into my own words. You on the other hand cut and paste and provided no of your own comments

Instead of „pretending“ a fault in my opening thread a professional moderator after my complaints here would have reacted like:

„Oops … seems, I was to quick on that …. well, you see …. I can’t restore it, because the later opened thread is pretty well visited and filled up with postings. Sorry, man … you like me to move your post into the other thread …“ ?

THIS would be a professional reply
NOT to find „faults“ if the fault has been on moderators site

He would have deleted it anyway, even if I would have done a summary of it (what is pretty useless, but anyway, that seem to be the rules)

And only for reference:
My posting was a few hours earlier than yours …

If you feel you can do a better job I expect you to apply for the moderators position next time its advertise as you clearly have more to offer than what we do, considering we actually volunteer our time here to make the site a better place.

You clearly dont want to have a constructive discussion about this so this thread is now locked
Forum Moderator