Moderators: richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

VSMUT
Topic Author

Why was this thread closed?

Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:27 am

viewtopic.php?p=22149317#p22149317

A Czech Airlines plane receives a new livery. An admin comes along and decides to close it for no real apparent reason, claiming that: "Since this isn't a new livery for the airline (just for the aircraft), the thread will be locked."

Why close an innocent and harmless thread like this? This is an aviation forum after all, it exists to discuss minute details like this.

atcsundevil

Re: Why was this thread closed?

Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:35 pm

VSMUT wrote:
https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=22149317#p22149317

A Czech Airlines plane receives a new livery. An admin comes along and decides to close it for no real apparent reason, claiming that: "Since this isn't a new livery for the airline (just for the aircraft), the thread will be locked."

Why close an innocent and harmless thread like this? This is an aviation forum after all, it exists to discuss minute details like this.

Because the thread was started on a false premise. It isn't a new livery — it's been around for several years. The livery is simply new to that aircraft. If we had a thread for every time an aircraft received a new (for the aircraft) livery, I'm sure you can imagine what it would do to the forum.

VSMUT
Topic Author

Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:28 pm

atcsundevil wrote:
Because the thread was started on a false premise. It isn't a new livery — it's been around for several years.

It is a new livery. The colours on the tail are swapped, the motif is simplified and the "Smartwings Group" text added on the rear fuselage.

atcsundevil wrote:
If we had a thread for every time an aircraft received a new (for the aircraft) livery, I'm sure you can imagine what it would do to the forum.

*Shudders* Imagine if an aircraft enthusiasts forum was used for discussing aircraft enthusiast topics! I guess to some admins, this group is the newsroom of CNN or BBC, where only serious breaking news headline stuff is worth discussing.

The site describes the purpose of the civilian aviation forum as following:

Discussions about factual events happening in the airline and general aviation industries. If it's happening in commercial aviation, you'll get the information and opinions here first.

But I guess this lease and repaint is just made-up and not actually happening?

atcsundevil

Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:55 pm

VSMUT wrote:
atcsundevil wrote:
Because the thread was started on a false premise. It isn't a new livery — it's been around for several years.

It is a new livery. The colours on the tail are swapped, the motif is simplified and the "Smartwings Group" text added on the rear fuselage.

atcsundevil wrote:
If we had a thread for every time an aircraft received a new (for the aircraft) livery, I'm sure you can imagine what it would do to the forum.

*Shudders* Imagine if an aircraft enthusiasts forum was used for discussing aircraft enthusiast topics! I guess to some admins, this group is the newsroom of CNN or BBC, where only serious breaking news headline stuff is worth discussing.

The site describes the purpose of the civilian aviation forum as following:

Discussions about factual events happening in the airline and general aviation industries. If it's happening in commercial aviation, you'll get the information and opinions here first.

But I guess this lease and repaint is just made-up and not actually happening?

Okay, it's clear that you aren't interested in actually having a discussion about this, so I'm going to lock this thread. If the user who created the topic would like to discuss this, then he/she can contact us.