Page 1 of 1

New Forum Suggestion

Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:15 pm
by PA110
Is there any chance we can get a forum dedicated to those of us who currently work in the industry (Flight Ops, Crew, Sales & Marketing) as well as industry-adjacent such as GDS companies, Travel Agents & Tour Operators? It would be great to commiserate with colleagues from across the globe.

Re: New Forum Suggestion

Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:17 pm
by atcsundevil
PA110 wrote:
Is there any chance we can get a forum dedicated to those of us who currently work in the industry (Flight Ops, Crew, Sales & Marketing) as well as industry-adjacent such as GDS companies, Travel Agents & Tour Operators? It would be great to commiserate with colleagues from across the globe.

It's a great idea, but we've had no response from the developers when proposing new forum ideas for about two years now. Unfortunately there's nothing we can do about it.

What I can recommend is creating a "Flight Ops, Crew, Sales & Marketing Thread" in the Tech/Ops Forum. It might make for a fairly generalized discussion, but at least it's a thread that anyone interested can subscribe to and keep up with.

I'm sorry that there isn't a better solution, but there's only so much within our control.

Re: New Forum Suggestion

Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:33 pm
by dutchspotter1
atcsundevil wrote:
It's a great idea, but we've had no response from the developers when proposing new forum ideas for about two years now. Unfortunately there's nothing we can do about it.
I'm sorry that there isn't a better solution, but there's only so much within our control.

Is there really no way for the mods to reach the developers and/or owners and talk about the outstanding issues (both forum and website related)? PM/email/phone/etc? Or do the developers/owners live under a rock with no internet connection?

Re: New Forum Suggestion

Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:40 pm
by atcsundevil
dutchspotter1 wrote:
atcsundevil wrote:
It's a great idea, but we've had no response from the developers when proposing new forum ideas for about two years now. Unfortunately there's nothing we can do about it.
I'm sorry that there isn't a better solution, but there's only so much within our control.

Is there really no way for the mods to reach the developers and/or owners and talk about the outstanding issues (both forum and website related)? PM/email/phone/etc? Or do the developers/owners live under a rock with no internet connection?

I personally haven't seen communication from them outside of critical site issues in probably close to two years. I'm also not aware of any noncritical work that's been done with the forum in probably about three years. We tried to create a Politics Forum and have the updated forum rules posted under the actual link, but have been unable to do so. They attempted to create the airport hover function and automated deletion notifications almost exactly three years ago, but those attempts were abandoned fairly quickly. There's been nothing since then.

Re: New Forum Suggestion

Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:29 am
by dutchspotter1
So are you or aren't you able to establish contact with them? If there were a critical issue, somebody has to be able to contact them, right? Why not step up, make all issues critical and light a fire under them? The developers should be held accountable for their (lack of) work, after all they get paid. We should no longer accept their lazy and apathetic attitude.

Re: New Forum Suggestion

Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:02 pm
by Moose135
dutchspotter1 wrote:
So are you or aren't you able to establish contact with them? If there were a critical issue, somebody has to be able to contact them, right? Why not step up, make all issues critical and light a fire under them? The developers should be held accountable for their (lack of) work, after all they get paid. We should no longer accept their lazy and apathetic attitude.

They don't get paid by us, they get paid by VerticalScope, who makes their money from ads, and well, whatever else it is they do. As long as VS is happy with the level of revenue coming in, they are not going to spend additional money on developers making changes. It's not that the developers are lazy and apathetic, it is that the people who run VS have assigned them other work that keeps the revenue flowing to VerticalScope's bottom line. Adding new sub-forums, making changes to the current configuration of the forum, or adding new features doesn't really impact that in a way that VS cares about.

Re: New Forum Suggestion

Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:44 am
by dutchspotter1
Alright, so as long as the greedy and apathetic folks of VerticalScope have control over this website, I guess there is no other option but to acccept the status quo.

Re: New Forum Suggestion

Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:21 pm
by Moose135
dutchspotter1 wrote:
Alright, so as long as the greedy and apathetic folks of VerticalScope have control over this website, I guess there is no other option but to acccept the status quo.

You are correct, sir. Or go elsewhere... ;)