June 1, 2020 Update
Below are the rules and guidelines regarding the discussion forums. These rules have been designed to make your visit to Airliners.net as enjoyable as possible. With tens of thousands of active users, we promote a clean, healthy and respectful environment where members are not afraid to ask questions or engage in friendly discussions.
Before becoming a member of Airliners.net, you are expected to review and comply with the following rules. Violating these rules may result in the suspension of your posting privileges. The length of this suspension will be decided by the Forum Moderators and will depend on the severity of the broken
rule(s). Users that have been suspended on multiple occasions may be permanently banned.
Revisions and changes may be made and new rules added as necessary. When possible, a notice announcing rule changes will be posted in the Site Related Forum. It is each user's responsibility to know. the forum rules and be aware of any updates to them by reviewing them periodically.
Airliners.net will not and cannot review every message posted, and is furthermore not responsible for the content of any of these messages. If you believe a post or thread violates a rule, please bring this to our attention by using the “Report This Post” button. It would also be helpful if you indicated which
rules you believe were broken.
These rules are effective on June 1, 2020, and replace the prior rule changes that went into effect on March 1, 2018. A summary of the changes can be found at the bottom of the page.
1. Posting in the Discussion Forum
- a. Respecting Other Users
b. Debating the Topic
c. Forum Languages
d. Unconstructive Comments, Retaliation, and “Trolling”
e. Factual Statements vs. Opinion
f. Double Posting
g. Thread Bumps
h. Creating Thread Titles
i. Requirements to Create a Thread
j. Low Quality Posts
k. Use of Images and Copyrighted Content
l. Links to Competing Sites
m. Quoting Other Users
n. Spelling and Grammar
o. Inappropriate Language
p. Posting Surveys or Promotions
r. Use of Signatures and Avatars
s. Continuous Threads
t. Political Discussions
u. New User Restrictions
v. Posting Sensitive Information or Proprietary Materials
- a. Copyrighted Material
b. Use of Paywalled Content
c. Use of Links to External Sites
d. Links or/Sources from Social Media
f. Selling or Trading Aviation Materials
- a. Traditional Trip Reports
b. Video Only Trip Reports
c. Use of Personal Blogs, Websites, and Social Media
- a. Deletions and Notifications
c. Account Suspension (Ban)
- a. Reporting a Post
b. Reporting as Retaliation
c. Responding to Questionable Posts
d. Reporting Duplicate Threads
e. Reporting Multiple Posts in the Same Thread
f. Reporting a Private Message (PM)
7. Maintaining your Airliners.net Account
- a. Username
b. Personal Account Information
c. Email Address Linked to Your Account
e. Multiple Accounts
f. Membership Cancellation
- a. Questions and Comments
b. Contacting Moderators via Private Message (PM)
c. Communication with Moderators
d. Contact Information
- a. Contacting Users and Private Message (PM)
- a. Login or Account Issues
1. Posting in the Discussion Forums
- a. Respecting Other Users
- 1. Please respect the opinions of others and choose your words wisely. Each user has their own point of view, and these views must be respected.
2. Please word all criticism, whether of another user's opinion, a photograph, crew member, a political topic, etc., in a constructive manner. Criticism which serves no purpose other than to incite or insult other members will be deleted and your account possibly suspended.
- 1. If a topic becomes a debate, you may debate the subject itself but not the credibility or intellect of other members. Debate the topic, not the user.
- 1. As this is an international website, messages must be written in English, and must be easy to read.
2. Use of non-English links is discouraged. If the only available sources are not in English, then it is the user’s responsibility to provide an adequately translated summary of the article content. Failure to provide an adequate translation will result in deletion of the post or thread.
- 1. Do not post a message on how you find a topic or user irrelevant, boring, childish or stupid. Your post must contribute constructively to the discussion.
2. Should a user antagonize, slander or intimidate you, DO NOT retaliate. All members are expected to comply with Forum Rules even if they have been provoked by another member. Bring this to our attention by reporting the offending post for deletion (see Section 5 – Reporting Posts and
Threads for Deletion/Review).
3. Do not provoke other users or incite trouble. Do not allow others to provoke you.
4. “Trolling” posts are subject to removal at the discretion of the Moderators. Intentional trolling of users or topics may result in warning or suspension.
- 1. When stating facts, statistics, or newsworthy bulletins, please be sure to include an HTML link or reference to a publication. If sources are not provided, then the information should be presented as opinion. It is each member's responsibility to avoid arguments based on rumors or misinformation.
- 1. Never post the same topic in more than once (in the same or different forums). If your post or thread accidentally double posts, please use the “Report Post” feature to alert Moderators for removal of the redundant post (see Section 6 – Reporting Posts and Threads for Deletion/Review).
2. Always check past topics to be sure that the topic you are about to start hasn't already been posted. You can do this with a simple forum search using the relevant keywords. If your topic has already been posted and you'd like to add to the discussion, please do so under the existing topic, provided the discussion has been active within the past six months.
3. Do not start a new topic unless the existing thread has been dormant for longer than six months or more (see 1g – Thread Bumps). If the existing thread has been dormant for more than six months, do not reply to it without prior Moderator approval, and please create a new topic in the proper forum. To request Moderator approval, send an email to [email protected] with a reason why the thread should be reopened.
4. Do not post more than one new thread on different aspects of the same topic. Example: "Thoughts on DL's New Livery"; and "DL's New Livery now on 777"; does not require two separate threads. Moderators may merge or split threads at their discretion to place two similar topics together
or to create a new topic from an existing discussion.
5. Do not re-ignite inflammatory threads by creating new threads on the same topic.
6. On rare occasions, the Moderators may create "official"; threads on certain topics to organize a high volume of posts effectively. Please adhere to any extra conditions that may be outlined in such threads. Do not create new threads on topics that have been set up as official threads.
- 1. Occurs when a user “bumps” a dormant thread to the top of the forum, or when a user purposely responds to their own thread to elicit a response.
2. Threads that have been inactive for more than six months (meaning the last post in the thread was made more than six months from the current date) are not to be commented on, and should remain permanently dormant unless the user first seeks approval from a Moderator to post in that thread.
3. Threads that have comments posted after more than six months of inactivity will be locked, and all new comments will be deleted for housekeeping purposes.
4. If you would like to add a comment to a thread that has been inactive for more than six months and is relevant to the subject (such as new information has become available), you are required to seek approval from a Moderator to reply to the thread. Alternatively, you can start a new thread and include
a link to the older thread in your post. To request this approval, please email [email protected] with your reason to bump or reopen a thread.
5. “Bumping” your own thread to elicit responses is never permitted, and the entire thread may be removed. Users should not post successively in a manner that clearly demonstrates this purpose.
- 1. Please use the most relevant and descriptive title for your topics. The title of your thread should therefore be as detailed as possible. Thread titles may not be created to be clickbait (for example: Read this!; Guess what…; Shocking story!; etc.). Furthermore, they should be as descriptive of the topic as possible, and overly vague titles should be avoided (for example: Delta 737; JFK; A380; etc.).
2. Overly vague titles, or those with spelling/grammatical errors may be edited at the discretion of the Moderators. Please ensure the quality of your title prior to posting.
3. If the topic or post is unverified by an official source, the title or post must prominently display the words “Rumor”, “Unconfirmed”, or something similar. A thread title should not be worded as factual unless it is indeed factual.
4. Thread titles and post content should not be typed in ALL CAPS or contain unnecessary symbols or punctuation to attract attention to the thread. The only permitted capitalizations are of abbreviations or specific points of emphasis.
- 1. Thread starting posts MUST contain your own commentary, as well as sources (quotes are optional, but recommended) if applicable.
2. Thread starting posts which only contain links and/or quotes with limited or no commentary will be deleted. Our members can get news in many places, and it is your comments that will make the post interesting and worth participating. Please be sure to only copy/paste portions of an article when using a source (see Section 2 – Use of Copyrights, Advertising, and Selling).
- 1. Please spend some time to make your posts interesting and easy to understand. Messages such as "me too"; "I agree", “lol”, or the use of emojis without commentary contribute nothing to the discussion, and are therefore not permitted. A message consisting of only one or two lines of text is probably not worth posting, and may be removed at the discretion of the Moderator.
2. Do not make posts that contain only a smiley face, check mark, etc. Make sure the content of your post is relevant to the topic.
3. As this is a discussion forum, do not post links, news stories or press releases without adding your own comments to them. Links should always be accompanied by some description of the link content. This applies to all posts, including thread starting posts.
- 1. All images posted to the forum must be properly sourced and attributed, unless the image is contained in the airliners.net database. Even images that belong to you must still be properly attributed. Failure to properly attribute images will result in the post being deleted.
2. Text (other than fair use quotes) that does not belong to you must be properly sourced and attributed. Without being sourced, the post will be deleted.
3. Use of “memes” is only permitted in the Non Aviaton Forum, and it must be accompanied by user commentary. Memes posted without commentary are subject to deletion. The images posted must conform to community standards as appropriate and respectful content.
- 1. Do not post links or references to other sites which compete directly with or seek to diminish the mission of Airliners.net. Similarly, do not embed photographs from competing websites in forum posts. Posts containing images from competing sites will be deleted.
- 1. Quoting another user to respond to their post is the recommended way to participate in a discussion. However, if their post is removed for a rules violation, your post is also subject to deletion. Please ensure that your post and the post you are quoting appears to be in compliance with Forum
2. Users may not alter the username or post content of a user when using the quote feature. If a user is utilizing the quote feature, the only permitted alterations to the quote is to delete text for the purposes of responding to specific potions of the post.
- 1. The Forum Moderators reserve the right to delete any post containing bad grammar, spelling errors or any post that we find difficult to understand. Please use a spell checker prior to posting.
2. Posts which seek to demean, belittle, or antagonize users who have posted with misspellings or poor grammar will be deleted, and the user may be warned or suspended. This is an international forum with users from all over the world; these users have varying degrees of English abilities, so please be understanding towards users with limited English abilities.
- 1. Swear words are acceptable ONLY when used in context and when it can be considered "motivated" (e.g. to emphasize a point). It is not acceptable to use them gratuitously. Use of vulgar language may result in a warning or account suspension being issued. All language used on this site
should be considered “safe for work”.
2. Swear words that have been masked with wildcards (e.g. ****, $#&!, etc) are as unacceptable as unmasked words, and will be subject to the same rules.
3. At no time may swear words be used in the title of a thread.
- 1. Requests to post any form of survey or promotion must first be submitted for review by Moderators by emailing [email protected]. Posts made without receiving prior approval may be subject to deletion. These threads are only generally permitted in the Polls and Prefs Forum.
- 1. Users should not knowingly create posts or topics with the explicit purpose of angering users, or causing arguments. Clearly provocative threads, posts, or statements may be deleted.
2. Use of pejorative terms or names for political leaders, political parties, or other public figures in an attempt to incite an argument may be considered flamebait and removed at a moderator’s discretion.
- 1. Signature lines must not include any advertisements or self-promotion. This includes links to personal social media accounts, YouTube channels, websites, blogs, etc. Signatures that include links of any kind must first be approved by Moderators. You can request approval by emailing
2. Political commentary and pictures will not be allowed in a user’s Signature or Avatar. Images of political figures will not be permitted in your Avatar. Political statements are limited to the Non Aviation Forum, but since your Signature and Avatar are visible across all forums, political figures or statements
are not permitted.
3. Signatures and Avatars must not contain any statement or pictures/photos which are knowingly false, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, graphic, threatening, invasive of a person’s privacy or otherwise in violation of any law. They also may not be used to misrepresent the user, or imply that the user has an alternate identity.
4. Any user that has a Signature and/or Avatar that violates the abovementioned rules will be required to remove and/or change their Signature and/or Avatar as soon as possible.
5. Users who do not comply with removing a Signature and/or Avatar as requested by a Moderator may have their account suspended until such time the account is in compliance.
- 1. Some threads may be managed by Moderators to organize them more efficiently. These typically include Country/State/Region, Airline, or Production Threads for general discussion. These threads will be set for determined periods of time regardless of post/page count (e.g. 2020, February 2020, Q1 2020, etc.).
2. At the expiration, the thread will be locked by Moderators, and a new page will be created.
3. Users should not create new threads in this category themselves without prior permission from the Moderators.
4. These threads will not be locked and recycled based on post or page count.
- 1. As some aviation topics relate to politics, political statements related to aviation are permitted, provided the political discussion is merely to provide context to the discussion. Political commentary without aviation context, with the purpose of being inflammatory or injecting political bias, or comments which are fundamentally a political discussion will be removed in all aviation forums. Political commentary must serve a purpose in aviation forums.
2. Political discussion unrelated to aviation, or aviation topics primarily rooted in politics are limited to the Non-Aviation Forum.
- 1. New users will have their first two (2) posts screened by Moderators. These posts must be approved or denied by a Moderator, and they will not display in the forum until a Moderator reviews the post or thread.
2. Please avoid posting the same content multiple times; your post will not display until approved by a Moderator.
3. New users may not use the Private Message (PM) feature until two posts have been approved by Moderators.
- 1. Users should not post any information that could be deemed security sensitive, or materials that could potentially aid in an illegal act. Just remember that these are public forums.
2. Posting of proprietary materials or nonpublic information may be removed upon request or at the Moderator’s discretion.
2. Use of Copyrights, Links to External Sites, Advertising, and Selling
- a. Copyrighted Material
- 1. Copyrighted material from other websites, newspapers, magazines and journals are not allowed to be posted.
2. You are permitted to post a summary of an article, or quote portions of an article (fair use extract) and a link to the full story, but not the full article. Violations of this policy will result in the deletion of your post or thread.
3. Copying and pasting large portions of an article into the thread, even if a source link is provided, will lead to removal of the post or thread.
- 1. It is always preferred that users post sources that are not behind paywalls. Since this is not always possible, users posting content from paywalled sources must provide detailed summaries of the article contents. Users should be able to get a proper understanding of the article without being forced to pay for the content to participate.
2. Posts or threads linked to a paywalled source lacking an adequate or accurate summary are subject to deletion.
3. Users attempting to utilize paywalled content to create a misleading or flamebait topic may be warned or banned.
- 1. You may post links to mainstream websites that are of relevance to a discussion. However, gratuitous, unmerited, and/or repeated linking of images or text hosted on websites other than Airliners.net is not permitted. External links should be accompanied by your own comments (see Section 1j– Low Quality Posts).
2. Do not post links or references to external websites for forum readers to obtain your own text that could have been posted within the thread itself. This includes links to personal blogs and social networking sites. If they are your own words or images, we ask that you post them here.
3. Use of your own blog or website as a means of self-promotion is not permitted without prior Moderator approval.
- 1. Users wishing to link to their own social media sources must first obtain prior Moderator approval. Approval can be obtained by emailing [email protected]. The only exception to this rule is in the Trip Reports Forum (see Section 3 – Trip Reports Forum).
2. Users may never link to social media sources in their signature lines.
3. Users should be cautious of linking to social media pages as source material for news. Unless the social media source is from a verified source (for example: directly from an airline’s Twitter page), it should be considered unconfirmed or speculation.
4. For the purposes of this rule, “social media” includes Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, blogs, or any other similar websites.
- 1. Do not post advertisements for web pages, chain letters, pyramid schemes, virus warnings or other solicitations. To avoid posting material that may be considered advertisement, please contact [email protected] prior to posting.
2. Users posting advertisements will be suspended. New users posting advertisements or illegal content may be permanently suspended.
- 1. If you have aviation material that you'd like to sell or trade, and are not a commercial dealer, then you may post a link to it in the Aviation Hobby Forum.
2. Please note that Airliners.net is not responsible for any trading or sales activities between users.
3. Commercial sellers are not permitted, and we reserve the right to suspend or ban your user account.
3. Trip Reports Forum
- a. Traditional Trip Reports
- 1. Users are encouraged to provide a complete start to finish account of your journeys with the sort of detail your fellow enthusiasts will appreciate. Photo-essays on complete trips are welcomed and encouraged. The more detail the better.
- 1. Video Only Trip Reports must be prominently labeled in the title. The following must be included at the start of the title: *Video Only* (followed by thread title). Threads not meeting this requirement may be removed or edited by the Moderator.
2. Video Only reports must include a brief summary and narrative of at least a few paragraphs. The summary and narrative should give viewers a clear picture of the contents of the video report. Reports lacking a sufficient summary and narrative are subject to deletion.
- 1. Links to Personal Websites and Personal Blogs as an image host is permitted provided that the full text of the report is included in the post. This is only permitted in the Trip Reports Forum. A small selection of images must still be embedded in the post for an external website to be allowable (at least five to six images at a minimum). Users may be directed to the external website to view the remainder of the images.
2. Trip Reports that include a link to a personal website or blog without a complete narrative will be deleted.
4. Deletions, Warnings, Account Suspension (Ban), and Appeals
- a. Deletions and Notifications
- 1. If your post or thread has been deleted, please do not view this as a personal attack against you by the Forum Moderators. If you believe there was an error, please send an email to [email protected] to bring it to our attention.
2. If your thread was deleted, please contact the Moderators for approval to repost the topic prior to doing so. Reposting a deleted topic could lead to a warning or account suspension being issued. We will provide an explanation for deletion, and suggested remedies for reposting.
3. Due to the unavailability of automated notifications, users will only be notified of deletions at the Moderator’s discretion. As you may not be notified of a post or thread deletion, please email [email protected] for an explanation of the deletion. Users should not contact a moderator via PM, and we ask that users not post in the open forum asking about a deletion.
- 1. Warnings may be issued to users who have accrued a significant number of deletions, or have committed a particularly gross violation of the rules.
2. Warnings are logged against the user, and may be referenced by Moderators in the future. These should be taken seriously, as an accrual of warnings will likely lead to an account suspension.
- 1. These may be issued to users who have accrued a significant number of warnings, or have committed a serious and flagrant violation of the rules. The length of these suspensions is entirely at the discretion of the Moderator, and the length will be increased based on previous user history and/or severity of the offense.
2. During the time your account is Suspended, your ability to participate in the site is restricted; you may not post or utilize the PM feature in any capacity until your Account Suspension has been lifted.
3. If you've been Suspended, then you are not permitted to post via another member, or by creating a new account. If it is found that this rule has been breached, you may have your Account
Suspension extended or be made permanent. In addition, the user posting on your behalf may also face suspension.
- 1. Users always have the right to appeal any deletion, warning, or account suspension. They must query in writing by emailing [email protected] detailing their reason for appeal, or requesting an explanation of Moderator action. These actions may be amended or overturned by a Head Moderator.
2. Any request made directly to a Moderator via PM will be ignored, and the rights for appeal invalidated. To appeal a deletion, warning, or suspension, it must be done via email.
3. To protect the privacy of our users, only the user involved in the action may query or appeal a Moderator action. Other users may not interject on behalf of another user.
5. Reporting Posts and Threads for Deletion/Review
- a. Reporting a Post
- 1. If you recognize an offensive post or thread, have a problem with another user, or if you dislike a thread or post and believe that it violates a rule, please click the “Report This Post” icon (triangle with exclamation point) located on the upper righthand corner of the offending post. Just as posts have various levels of quality, suggestions for deletion do as well. Take some time to explain why you feel a post should be removed or receive Moderator attention.
2. We encourage users to report housekeeping issues like duplicate posts/threads. In addition, the “Report This Post” function can be used to bring a post or thread to our attention for any reason. Please just include the reason for review when reporting.
3. To report a complicated issue with a user or thread, you may e-mail the Moderators at [email protected] about the issue.
4. Any user found to abuse/misuse the Reporting system will be suspended.
- 1. Do not use the Report Post feature unfairly against one or more members in an attempt to limit their posts. Deletion suggestions from members are welcome and encouraged, but do not “spam” the deletion queue because of a conflict with another member.
2. Do not use the Report Post feature as a way of retaliating after having one of your own posts or threads removed. Users attempting to punish another user with this feature may be warned or suspended.
- 1. Do not respond to an inflammatory post and subsequently Report the Post. Please only report the post for Moderator review without replying.
2. Users purposely replying to a questionable post while also reporting the questionable post may also be warned or suspended. It creates additional moderator workload, and can potentially inflame the situation further.
- 1. If you are reporting an entire thread because it is a duplicate of an earlier thread that has been active within the past six months, please report the thread starting post for review, and include the url of the previously created thread.
2. Please be aware that duplicate threads where the original has been dormant for a period of more than six months should not be considered a duplicate thread.
- 1. If there is a pattern of offensive posts contained in the same thread in a successive series of posts, or if you feel that either the entire thread or a portion of the thread needs to be reviewed, please only report the first post. Include in the Report that there are numerous offensive posts, and the entire thread should be reviewed. This is preferable to generating multiple reports if it can be avoided.
- 1. PMs are subject to the same rules as posting in an open forum. PMs can be reported in a similar fashion to posts by using the Report feature. If you are unable to report the PM, please email the contents of the PM to [email protected] for review.
2. The offending PM must be reported in the same manner as a post to verify the content of the message. Moderators and other airliners.net crew are unable to access a user’s PMs for any reason, so a report must be generated for us to verify the content.
6. Forum Descriptions
- a. Please post in the correct forum. Familiarize yourself with their descriptions and guidelines to decide in which forum your thread belongs. A thread may be moved to another forum if the topic is more suitable elsewhere.
b. Do not knowingly or intentionally post your topic in the incorrect forum to increase favorability or responses.
c. Only real or actual events may be posted in the Aviation Forums. Humor and other parody belongs specifically in the Non-Aviation Forum, even if it is aviation related.
Civil Aviation Discussions about factual events happening in the airline and general aviation industries. If it's happening in commercial aviation, you'll get the information and opinions here first. Topics in this forum relate to CIVIL aviation only, not military or space.
Travel, Polls & Preferences The best, worst, biggest, smallest, or seeking advice as to a preferred carrier for a trip you are planning, etc. Discussions over cabin service, seats, frequent flyer programs, or seeking travel advice belongs here. Hypothetical posts (for example: “Why didn’t X airline buy X airplane?” belong in this forum, as do any comparisons or polls. Travel rankings and statistics also belong here.
Technical / Operations The more advanced forum for those of you who want to dig deeper into technical issues as well as airline management and operations. This is for aircraft performance, characteristics, handling, procedures, etc. A forum for both professionals and knowledgeable amateurs, along with requests for career advice.
Aviation Hobby Discussions about flight simulation, model collections, memorabilia, collectables, post cards, slides, etc. This is the only forum in which memorabilia may be listed for sale/purchase.
Aviation Photography Discuss equipment, techniques, digital editing, or get feedback on you pictures before you upload them. Get the opinion of fellow photographers on your shots, and discuss ways to improve them.
Photography Feedback Have your photos reviewed by fellow photographers and get feedback on ways to improve specific images.
Trip Reports Discussions about specific trips you have taken. The more detail the better. Photo-essays on complete trips are welcome and encouraged. We welcome start-to-finish accounts of your journeys with the sort of detail your fellow enthusiasts will appreciate. Video Trip Reports are also featured here, and are prominently labeled *Video Only*.
Military Aviation & Space Flight Discussions about military aviation and space flight. Defense contracts, new fighters, tankers and transports and aerospace development.
Non-Aviation This forum is for topics not related to aviation, or for satirical aviation content. It can be anything from reflections on why you think Microsoft is a cool company to why you'll never buy a Nissan. This is also the forum to organize Airliners.net meetings and events. This is the only forum where political discussions are permitted (political discussions posted in aviation forums will be deleted).
Site-Related This is the place where Airliners.net related information will be posted like dates for scheduled downtime, info about new sections and features etc. This is also the forum for suggestions, comments and constructive criticism related to any part of Airliners.net. We ask that you email [email protected] for questions about moderator actions (deletions, warnings, thread moves, etc.).
7. Maintaining your Airliners.net Account
- a. Username
- 1. Your username must not be offensive.
2. Your username, signature line, avatar image, profile, etc. must not contain offensive or vulgar content.
3. Changing your username
- i. Please think carefully before choosing your username, as it cannot be changed in the future. The only method for changing a username is to have your prior account deleted and a new one created. To accomplish this, please email [email protected] . Include your old username and request to have the account deleted prior to creating a new account.
- 1. You do have the ability to change any or all personal information contained in your user profile.
- 1. You are required to have a valid and current email address listed within your Airliners.net member profile. This is important so that we can contact you if necessary.
2. Should your user profile contain an invalid email address, your account may be suspended until you contact us with a valid email.
3. Users refusing to allow contact via email with moderators may have their accounts permanently suspended.
- 1. You are responsible for the security of your password. Excuses for unauthorized posts such as "someone has discovered my password" or "I left my PC with it still logged on to a.net and someone used it" will not be accepted.
2. Your Airliners.net membership is private. It is for you only and you may not share your username and password with anyone else.
- 1. You may only maintain ONE account. Users found to be maintaining more than one account will have the additional account(s) permanently banned, and the primary account will face a lengthy suspension. Be aware that Moderators have multiple tools to track users attempting to maintain multiple accounts.
- 1. We reserve the right to cancel your membership and forum username without repaying any subscription fees (if applicable) if you violate the rules or cause harm in any way to Airliners.net.
8. Communication with Moderators
- a. Questions and Comments
- 1. All comments and/or questions for the Forum Moderators should be emailed to [email protected].
- 1. If you contact a Moderator privately regarding a forum issue, the Moderator is required share your communication with the rest of the Moderating team. We encourage you to send your forum questions directly to [email protected].
2. Avoid sending messages using the PM function to Forum Moderators regarding Moderating issues. Please only PM a Moderator if it is unrelated to the Moderator’s duties.
- 1. Please respect all Airliners.net Crew Members. Remember that Forum Moderators cannot be everywhere at all times, as we are all volunteers. You may email the Moderators, Support, or Screeners regarding an issue, or you may start a constructive thread in the Site Related Forum.
2. Please be advised that that emails or posts that are deemed abusive or obnoxious will be ignored or deleted, and you may be warned or suspended.
3. Any email to Moderators should include your username and your real name. Omitting your username may delay a response to your query.
4. All correspondence between members and the Forum Moderators is confidential. Regardless of the method of delivery (email, deletion notice, PM, etc.), the communication on either side is not to be shared or distributed without the expressed written consent of the involved member and Moderator(s).
5. Posting specific information regarding user contact with Moderators in an open forum is not permitted without permission. Users should not create posts detailing specific Moderator actions against them unless the user has received explicit permission to do so.
- 1. Moderators: [email protected]
2. Head Moderator: [email protected]
3. Support: [email protected]
4. Screeners: [email protected]
9. Communication with Other Users
- a. Contacting Users and Private Message (PM)
- 1. If you'd like to contact another user, you may do so using the PM feature, or an email address if the user includes one in their profile.
2. Please do not request or solicit user contact information in an open forum without prior Moderator approval.
3. Any abuse towards another user may result in account suspension. Private messages and emails are subject to the same rules as forum posts.
4. PMs may be reported in a similar manner as posts to notify Moderators for review.
5. If you have asked a member not to contact you and the contact continues, please notify the Moderators. Be prepared to provide screen-captures of the correspondence if you are unable to report the PMs.
6. Members may not be contacted via their profiles for the purpose of advertising.
7. Private messages, emails, or any other nonpublic correspondence between members (including Crew Members) without their consent may not be pasted into forum threads or distributed elsewhere for public review.
- a. Login or Account Issues
- 1. If there's a problem with your account, if your account has been accidentally deleted, or if you have difficulties logging in, please contact the Support Crew detailing the problem. They will try their best to rectify the situation in a timely manner. Contact them at [email protected]. Please do not contact the Moderators for account issues; there is nothing Moderators can do to help.
- 1. The messages in this discussion forum express the views of their author and not necessarily that of Airliners.net or any associated entity. You remain solely responsible for everything you post, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless Airliners.net and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s).
2. We reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.
- i. Your IP address is logged and we reserve the right to track you using this information in the case of any pressing concern.
ii. You agree that you will not use this discussion forum to post any statement which is knowingly false, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, graphic, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy or otherwise in violation of any law.
iii. Do not post slanderous or defamatory statements. These include, but are not limited to, false or malicious statements injurious to a person's reputation, job, family or private life.
iv. Posts containing information on how to carry out an illegal act will be deleted.