flyingturtle wrote:Which [succinct description of the admin in question] deleted my update on this thread?
1. Occurs when a user “bumps” a dormant thread to the top of the forum, or when a user purposely responds to their own thread to elicit a response.
2. Threads that have been inactive for more than six months (meaning the last post in the thread was made more than six months from the current date) are not to be commented on, and should remain permanently dormant unless the user first seeks approval from a Moderator to post in that thread.
3. Threads that have comments posted after more than six months of inactivity will be locked, and all new comments will be deleted for housekeeping purposes.
4. If you would like to add a comment to a thread that has been inactive for more than six months and is relevant to the subject (such as new information has become available), you are required to seek approval from a Moderator to reply to the thread. Alternatively, you can start a new thread and include
a link to the older thread in your post. To request this approval, please email [email protected] with your reason to bump or reopen a thread.
5. “Bumping” your own thread to elicit responses is never permitted, and the entire thread may be removed. Users should not post successively in a manner that clearly demonstrates this purpose.
flyingturtle wrote:qf789 wrote:..
Well, you expertly cited the rules for thread bumps, which is exactly what I did not do.
I added new accident investigation results to the relevant thread, thus keeping information together.
atcsundevil wrote:Did you read the entire rule? Because it is exactly what you did.
flyingturtle wrote:atcsundevil wrote:Did you read the entire rule? Because it is exactly what you did.
I did. And I'm a referee in two sports. While knowing the rules is a necessity, knowing when to enforce them is another necessity.
Somehow it does not come to your attention is that I've added value to a thread, and somebody who is interested in that particular accident would have thanked me for that addition.
atcsundevil wrote:As a referee, are you telling me that you'd simply let a player get away with it after wilfully breaking the rules? No. That's what penalties are for.
atcsundevil wrote:All you had to do was ask us if you could post to the old thread, or if you needed to create a new thread referencing the four year old thread. Doing that is far less time-consuming on your part than trying to make the argument that some rules don't need to be followed.
Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe
Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days
Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit
Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior
Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft
Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials
Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions
Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin
Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon
Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos
Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft
Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries
Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground
Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos