Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Topic Author

How do I include pictures in a post

Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:21 am

I'd like to include some pictures of the emissions chart vs current production aircraft from the recent US EPA emission Standard draft regulation. That way people can see what is and is not happening.

I created the pictures, and even labeled the dots on the graphs with aircraft model.

From another post I learned that I needed to put the pictures on someplace like Flickr and then use the [img]url[/img] to pull the picture in. That does not work. Nor do I wish to just include a direct link as my just set up Flickr account has my real name.

I also see other post about having an upload que for pictures. Do I have this available to me - so I can upload something direct from my computer.

I see pictures in post all the time. So how is it done. Please explain step by step...

Thanks,

atcsundevil

Re: How do I include pictures in a post

Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:54 am

2175301 wrote:
I'd like to include some pictures of the emissions chart vs current production aircraft from the recent US EPA emission Standard draft regulation. That way people can see what is and is not happening.

I created the pictures, and even labeled the dots on the graphs with aircraft model.

From another post I learned that I needed to put the pictures on someplace like Flickr and then use the [img]url[/img] to pull the picture in. That does not work. Nor do I wish to just include a direct link as my just set up Flickr account has my real name.

I also see other post about having an upload que for pictures. Do I have this available to me - so I can upload something direct from my computer.

I see pictures in post all the time. So how is it done. Please explain step by step...

Thanks,

If you use an external source (like Flickr), the img code works, but it needs to be a .jpg format. That's pretty much the only way to do it though. Unfortunately our forum platform doesn't allow users to upload images. If you'd like to embed an image from the Airliners database, all you need is the [photoid] [/photoid] / [twoid][/twoid] / [threeid][/threeid] code, and you put the image ID inside the brackets. The ID number can be found above the image or in the url. twoid requires two IDs separated by a comma (no space), and threeid requires three images.

For example, I'll use an image from jetblue01 in that user's recent MD88 trip report. The url is https://i.imgur.com/EwMnp63.jpg?1 and in the [img].[/img] format, it looks like this:

When using images from the database, plugging the ID into the photoid/twoid/threeid format looks like this:

ID: 6084403

IDs: 6099493,6099283

IDs: 6096005,6096807,6081677

Hopefully that helps.

anhy123

Re: How to add a comment to my photos

Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:05 am

Hello everyone,

I am trying to post a trip report, but most of my photos are only shown as links, not actual pictures. I am using Flickr as my photo database, and so I would like to know how to solve this issue. Any help is appreciated.

SQ22

Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:26 pm

I have moved your post into another thread. Please see the explanation above. I hope it is helpful.

AstroNav

Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:23 pm

Hello,

I want to upload photographs in to a post.

How do I do it?

tys777

Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:42 am

AstroNav wrote:
Hello,

I want to upload photographs in to a post.

How do I do it?

Please refer to atcsundevil's post above. He does a great job describing how to embed photos.

Sohalisony

Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:11 am

You can share picture URL from Pintereste or imuger or Click on Image optinn in the thread then share your Image URL.

AstroNav

Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:32 am

"Unfortunately our forum platform doesn't allow users to upload images."

So the question then becomes, how do we upload to the airliners database?

atcsundevil

Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:39 pm

AstroNav wrote:
"Unfortunately our forum platform doesn't allow users to upload images."

So the question then becomes, how do we upload to the airliners database?

That's a totally different process. We're the same website, but the forum and the photo database are essentially separate. Uploading photos to the database requires a screening process (screeners are the moderators of that side of the site), after which the image is either approved or disapproved. If a user simply wants to upload an image for casual use in the forum, it's much easier and more expeditious to use an image host.

F9Animal

Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:52 am

I still can't figure out how to post a pic!! You would think it wouldn't be so difficult

atcsundevil

Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:41 pm

F9Animal wrote:
I still can't figure out how to post a pic!! You would think it wouldn't be so difficult

You can always just post a link and let people click to it. If you're trying to embed a photo by using an image host like Flickr, the url needs to be .jpg. That's the only way it works, and you need to post it with the img code.

I agree that it's annoying, and there should be an upload option, but that's not how this forum works. It's a limitation of this platform that isn't going to be changed.

departedflights

Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:53 pm

It took me forever to figure out how to post my images in threads. This is how I do it.. It may not be the easiest way, but it works.

Upload the image to Flickr.

Once you have it on Flickr, pull up the picture.

In the bottom right are the four icons: The square with a pencil, the arrow pointing right, the arrow pointing down and the shopping cart.

Click on the arrow pointing down and you should get a bunch of sizing options including "View All Sizes."

Choose "View All Sizes."

Decide which of the size options you want and right click on it.

One of the options should be: "Copy image address." Choose that. You won't actually see the image address but it should get copied.

Now in the anet thread use this to post the image:

[img]imageaddress[/img]

After you type "[img ]"use the Ctrl-V command to paste the imag address and then add "[/img ]" (DO NOT INCLUDE THE SPACES I HAVE SHOWN AFTER IMG - I had to include those to get the information to post correctly.

I hope this helps. Like I said, it took me A LOT of times doing it to get the hang of it and it may sound like a lot of work, but it really isn't.

F9Animal

Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:11 pm

departedflights wrote:
It took me forever to figure out how to post my images in threads. This is how I do it.. It may not be the easiest way, but it works.

In the bottom right are the four icons: The square with a pencil, the arrow pointing right, the arrow pointing down and the shopping cart.

Click on the arrow pointing down and you should get a bunch of sizing options including "View All Sizes."

Choose "View All Sizes."

One of the options should be: "Copy image address." Choose that. You won't actually see the image address but it should get copied.

[img]imageaddress[/img]

After you type "[img ]"use the Ctrl-V command to paste the imag address and then add "[/img ]" (DO NOT INCLUDE THE SPACES I HAVE SHOWN AFTER IMG - I had to include those to get the information to post correctly.

I hope this helps. Like I said, it took me A LOT of times doing it to get the hang of it and it may sound like a lot of work, but it really isn't.

I will try this. Thank you.

F9Animal

Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:13 pm

https://flic.kr/p/2kxdVNY

Just testing here. Using a smart phone doesn't make the process any easier. I will come back and play with this on my PC in an hour and see if I can successfully do it.

JBo

Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:21 am

F9Animal wrote:
departedflights wrote:

Choose "View All Sizes."

[img]imageaddress[/img]

I will try this. Thank you.

You can also use Imgur for this purpose.

UzbekFlyer

Re: how to post pictures in answers

Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:12 pm

this post also helped me, as i was unsure how to do this, but how about to put images from your files, for example, in want to make a trip reoprt, but the images are only in my files, so how do i add them?

atcsundevil

Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:26 pm

UzbekFlyer wrote:
this post also helped me, as i was unsure how to do this, but how about to put images from your files, for example, in want to make a trip reoprt, but the images are only in my files, so how do i add them?

Your images would first need to be uploaded to an image host. There are a number of free ones out there. Once you do that, you can embed them here in a post.

estorilm

Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:47 pm

atcsundevil wrote:
UzbekFlyer wrote:

Your images would first need to be uploaded to an image host. There are a number of free ones out there. Once you do that, you can embed them here in a post.

I've never been able to get an image to show here - not sure if its the godaddy host or what, but for example..
Image is a good image, but shows broken on a.net

Actually I take that back, I just threw it onto one of my hosts with an SSL certificate and used the https link, and it shows up perfectly fine.

UzbekFlyer

Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:43 pm

Thanks

bhxdtw

Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:45 am

Just testing this... can't seem to link photos

bhxdtw

Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:47 am

I'm using Imgur with url links and can't seem to link it.
:-(

Someone help please?