Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

TW870
Topic Author

Re: Airliners.net Site Upgrade Announcement & Discussion

Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:56 am

I have a moderating question, and I am sorry if this isn't the correct thread for this. But lately I have seen you move discussion questions to travel polls and preferences. For example, today a user posted a thread asking about DC-3 and DC-4 transatlantic operations in the World War II era. It got moved out of Civil Aviation to polls and preferences. Far fewer users see it once it hits polls and preferences, and then the thread dies. I don't understand how a question about when and how long-haul DC-3 operations worked is a poll or a preference. I understood that forum to be for a question such as "which carrier was your favorite DC-3 operator?" The user asked a fact based question, not one about preferences or opinions.

I think it is a positive feature to see new threads outside the giant amalgamated threads (Max Grounding, Carrier-specific networks, etc.) in Civil Aviation. I visit a.net more often when I know I can participate in a variety of threads rather than having to try to wade through the large threads full of drama and fighting.

Thanks for the consideration in advance.

SQ22

Re: Airliners.net Site Upgrade Announcement & Discussion

Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:24 pm

I have created a new thread with respect to your question.

I do think the two questions can be considered as a poll, but I can also understand your position.

Please note that it is not our intention "to kill" a thread and I disagree that a thread dies by getting moved into this specific forum.

Please also note that sometimes it makes quite a difference on how much time and effort has been spent to write the very first post. If a user gives some background on the subject of discusssion instead of barely writing two questions, you can get a totally different view.