Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

jeonggeunwon
Topic Author

Crews never reply

Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:52 am

Hi

I've had correction related to manufacturer in DB,
so I've tried to notice to crews via 'contact us' function three times, emailed some crews and editors@airliners.net.

However, even though they read my email, they never replied.

Crews don't want to correct the wrong info?

atcsundevil

Re: Crews never reply

Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:29 pm

jeonggeunwon wrote:
Hi

so I've tried to notice to crews via 'contact us' function three times, emailed some crews and editors@airliners.net.

You're not really referring to "crews" correctly — there's the editing crew, moderating crew, support crew, etc. We, the moderating crew, were never contacted, but it's not like there's anything we can do to fix this. I'm not even sure if the editing crew has the ability to edit the database, but it's important to understand that they have a huge amount of work, and they have a lot of people who contact them. Please also keep in mind that we're all volunteers — we dedicate the time we're able, but many of us have careers, families, and other commitments — we obviously want to have the correct information displayed on the site, but we have to prioritize the time we have available. Unfortunately we aren't some big company with lots of people sitting around waiting to fix things...we're lucky if we can get hold of one person to fix things.

jeonggeunwon
Topic Author

Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:12 pm

atcsundevil wrote:
jeonggeunwon wrote:
Hi

You're not really referring to "crews" correctly — there's the editing crew, moderating crew, support crew, etc. We, the moderating crew, were never contacted, but it's not like there's anything we can do to fix this. I'm not even sure if the editing crew has the ability to edit the database, but it's important to understand that they have a huge amount of work, and they have a lot of people who contact them. Please also keep in mind that we're all volunteers — we dedicate the time we're able, but many of us have careers, families, and other commitments — we obviously want to have the correct information displayed on the site, but we have to prioritize the time we have available. Unfortunately we aren't some big company with lots of people sitting around waiting to fix things...we're lucky if we can get hold of one person to fix things.

Hi,

I really appreciate crew's hard working and know they are busy.
when i submitted some issues through 'contact us' , i got a quick reply from the support staff. but when i submitted that correction related to manufacturer through 'contact us' three times, recieved no reply.
also emailed to one of the database editor and editors@airliners.net but no reply either.
i'm not telling i want to recieve reply within minutes..

..and as you told, if editing crews don't have ability to edit the database, who can..?

atcsundevil

Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:43 pm

jeonggeunwon wrote:
atcsundevil wrote:
jeonggeunwon wrote:
Hi

Hi,

when i submitted some issues through 'contact us' , i got a quick reply from the support staff. but when i submitted that correction related to manufacturer through 'contact us' three times, recieved no reply.
also emailed to one of the database editor and editors@airliners.net but no reply either.

..and as you told, if editing crews don't have ability to edit the database, who can..?

I'm guessing it's something the developers would have to fix. That's outside of our control. The volunteer crew on this site are here to keep things running — we've all been users here for years, if not decades — but the actual functions of the website are controlled by the company that owns this site. If this is a change that needs to go through the developers, then to be completely honest, the change you're recommending is never going to happen. Our list of items requiring attention from the developers is literally hundreds of items long (if not longer), and the list has only gotten longer in the past four years. All I can say is that I'm sure you're frustrated over this issue, but I'm sure you can imagine how we feel about the situation after our own personal investments here.

I will ask around and see if there's anything we can do, but if we can't, then I'm sorry to say that this is likely the end of the story.

jeonggeunwon
Topic Author

Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:18 pm

atcsundevil wrote:
jeonggeunwon wrote:
atcsundevil wrote:

Hi,

I'm guessing it's something the developers would have to fix. That's outside of our control. The volunteer crew on this site are here to keep things running — we've all been users here for years, if not decades — but the actual functions of the website are controlled by the company that owns this site. If this is a change that needs to go through the developers, then to be completely honest, the change you're recommending is never going to happen. Our list of items requiring attention from the developers is literally hundreds of items long (if not longer), and the list has only gotten longer in the past four years. All I can say is that I'm sure you're frustrated over this issue, but I'm sure you can imagine how we feel about the situation after our own personal investments here.

I will ask around and see if there's anything we can do, but if we can't, then I'm sorry to say that this is likely the end of the story.

Then i will wait for that, thank you for notice me!