Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

airlineaddict
Topic Author

Why is there only one thread fleet, network and discussion thread for United Airlines? - 2021

Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:22 pm

atcsundevil wrote:
airlineaddict wrote:
atcsundevil wrote:
The only reason there's one United thread instead of three is because it was combined this year to see if it worked. It did, so it will be carried over to the others.

As it stands there are already two separate 2021 fleet and network threads for American.

Happy New Year!

Did you really come to post in a thread dormant for over two months to find an even older post I made just to remind me of this? That's a bit silly, isn't it?

I am one of several moderators. I am not not the end all, be all, nor have I ever claimed to be. I was in favor of consolidating the US airline threads for 2021, but I'm hardly the only one with an opinion here. I really don't think we need to get into petty arguments over how many threads each airline gets when the discussions are working quite well as it is. If you can show me exactly where the United thread went so terribly wrong only having one thread for 2020, then I'm happy to reconsider my position on having it merged. It seemed that most users were glad to have a single regularly active thread rather than multiple rarely active threads. So it worked quite well in my opinion, but I believe it just needs to be restarted every six months rather than annually.

If you have any additional concerns, please let us know. Have a Happy New Year.

✈️ atcsundevil

I’ll ignore the “petty” comment since it’s a New Year, but I won’t give up advocating for what I think is right.

I have to respectfully disagree with you that most users were happy to have one thread. Rather, they are putting up with it.

We have users discussing in the United mega thread TODAY if we can have two United threads since topics can quickly jump around. Moreover, those who are providing company insights like jayunited and CALTECH have made comments in the past about their issues with a singular thread which ends up being a catch all for anything United.

You said you would re-evaluate after a year and yet we have yet to see one mention of a discussion or reference on the thread to solicit feedback.

ADent

Re: Why is there only one thread fleet, network and discussion thread for United Airlines? - 2021

Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:16 am

The United thread was not great in 2020 because it was a fleet, network & livery thread and things not related got kicked off, for example topics on management and earnings.

At least for the first part of the year, enforcement was lax at the end of the year.

I personally was hoping for a United News & Discussion thread in addition to the United Fleet and Livery, but what ever is OK with me.