Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

yyztpa2
Topic Author

What happened to Dec 31?

Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:07 pm

I logged into the forum at 8am EST on December 31 to find for some that 2021 had already ended. Premature?

qf789

Re: What happened to Dec 31?

Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:37 pm

yyztpa2 wrote:
I logged into the forum at 8am EST on December 31 to find for some that 2021 had already ended. Premature?

I hate to break it to you but some of the world is already in 2022. Additionally this is a world wide site where we have users from a wide range of countries, so we dont base the time on one geographical area. There is also somewhere around 150 threads (country, state, production, sales, etc ) to open. To put that in perspective I have barely gotten through opening new threads for 2022 for around 30 of those 150 topics in 3 hours, in other words it is quite time consuming.

yyztpa2
Topic Author

Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:06 pm

qf789 wrote:
yyztpa2 wrote:

I hate to break it to you but some of the world is already in 2022. Additionally this is a world wide site where we have users from a wide range of countries, so we dont base the time on one geographical area. There is also somewhere around 150 threads (country, state, production, sales, etc ) to open. To put that in perspective I have barely gotten through opening new threads for 2022 for around 30 of those 150 topics in 3 hours, in other words it is quite time consuming.

Also hate to break it to you, but much of the world is not. The time selected (7-am EST) seems tied to the celebrations in one timezone very early in the day. Congratulations to these early celebrators.

Spacepope

Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:52 pm

qf789 wrote:
yyztpa2 wrote:

You could always leave it to the participants of the 2021 threads to open the new ones, which would alleviate your terrible terrible burden. You may not realize it but this premature nuking of threads is a slap in the face of many of our longtime users. All moderators need to reconsider how they conduct themselves at this time of year.

tys777

Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:19 pm

I'm locking this.

The reality is that we are a worldwide forum with members in every timezone across the globe. The fact that a moderator in a certain location took the initiative to update the yearly/monthly threads is something that I appreciate so that the workload is lowered for the other members of the moderator staff.

I'm not sure how anyone thinks this is a slap in the face or offensive. I'm in the US Central Timezone. Would there have been a problem had I don't it at 10pm my time? Or a problem that I was late and did it at 4am on the 1st?

I hope everyone has a fun, safe new years wherever in the world that you may be located.