Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

bluecrew
Topic Author

Post deletion

Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:02 am

Okay... I've had valid contributions just stealth-deleted due to it not being entirely 100% pertaining to the topic.
There should be a requirement for mods to message on deletion, or have to meet a criteria for deletion.

You'll post and then boom it's gone, seemingly because someone doesn't like what's being discussed, or doesn't like that the discussion is evolving.

This turns me off in the extreme, and it's bad management of a board.

qf789

Re: Post deletion

Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:47 am

bluecrew wrote:
Okay... I've had valid contributions just stealth-deleted due to it not being entirely 100% pertaining to the topic.
There should be a requirement for mods to message on deletion, or have to meet a criteria for deletion.

You'll post and then boom it's gone, seemingly because someone doesn't like what's being discussed, or doesn't like that the discussion is evolving.

This turns me off in the extreme, and it's bad management of a board.

There is no need to be melodramatic. You have had 1 post deleted which was for being off topic which you have already admitted too. Furthermore there were 2 warnings from moderation posted in that particular thread to keep posts on topic, it was a simple request of which we expect users to follow, you didn’t follow those instructions hence why your post was deleted

It’s got nothing to do with not liking the discussion it’s about following the rules, something we expect ALL users to follow. Additionally we have been repeating ourselves for nearly 6 years now on why deletion notifications and what the appropriate actions to take if you have a query, it’s also stated in the forum rules