Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

A101
Topic Author

edit post

Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:39 pm

For some reason when I went to edit my last post in the boris johnson done as prime minster the edit function on the last quote would display twice i repeatedly edir the second [quoat] line but when i submited the post it kept on returning no matter how many times i deleted it

very annoying

atcsundevil

Re: edit post

Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:43 am

A101 wrote:
For some reason when I went to edit my last post in the boris johnson done as prime minster the edit function on the last quote would display twice i repeatedly edir the second [quoat] line but when i submited the post it kept on returning no matter how many times i deleted it

very annoying

There's only a certain period of time after you post that it can be edited. I'm not sure how long, but if it's exceeded the parameter, then it won't allow the change to be made.

A101
Topic Author

Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:38 am

atcsundevil wrote:
A101 wrote:

very annoying

There's only a certain period of time after you post that it can be edited. I'm not sure how long, but if it's exceeded the parameter, then it won't allow the change to be made.

Yes I realise that, my point being I was in the time frame and actually in the edit function. but for some reason every time I deleted the second .[/quote to fix the quotations every time i submitted for some unknown reason it would automatic put it back on numerous time to a point I just gave up

hopefully the glitch is gone

SQ22

Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:08 pm

In case this is happening again, please make a screenshot and post it here, we can report it, sometimes a re-sync needs to be made by developers.

A101
Topic Author

Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:21 pm

SQ22 wrote:
In case this is happening again, please make a screenshot and post it here, we can report it, sometimes a re-sync needs to be made by developers.

Ok only problem I do not know how to post photos

But I have isolated it to it happens when posting via iPhone only and not PC issue

Only happens via iPhone

SQ22

Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:17 pm

There are some older threads here about how to upload a photo.

I have reported it, sometimes response is very quick, sometimes it takes some days, anyway I am expecting you will need to provide more details.

VertScopeAdmin
General Manager

Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:53 pm

Is it happening every time you use iPhone, or just on certain posts? You mentioned a thread you were having difficulty with, can you provide a link to it?

Kevin

A101
Topic Author

Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:50 am

Hi Kevin

it was in the "Boris Johnson done as Prime Minister?'

#246 as an illustration

so far only happing on iPhone, it was generally happening when I was multi quoting within the post. For some reason it was using two quote lines and every time I went in to edit and saw the problem I removed one of the [/quote] lines out then hit submit but the problems persisted even with editing a number of times

not sure I am explaining it right when it comes to this sort of thing I'm a dinosaur goes over my head

[/quote][/quote]

SQ22

Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:27 pm

A101 wrote:
Hi Kevin

it was in the "Boris Johnson done as Prime Minister?'

#246 as an illustration

so far only happing on iPhone, it was generally happening when I was multi quoting within the post. For some reason it was using two quote lines and every time I went in to edit and saw the problem I removed one of the lines out then hit submit but the problems persisted even with editing a number of times

not sure I am explaining it right when it comes to this sort of thing I'm a dinosaur goes over my head

May I recommend to provide a quote of the respective post in the future as well instead of the number only? As we can still see deleted posts, the numbering for us can be different when searching the post. Thanks.

A101
Topic Author

Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:44 pm

here ya go and thank you for trying to sort the issue i highlight the offending quote area that i had trouble with via iPhone. i just wait until i get home now and use pc if i want to use multiple quotes

I can most likely edit out here like this but not the actual post

A101 wrote:
AeroVega wrote:
A101 wrote:
There was no such thing as a pro-remain Parliament. A pro-remain Parliament would have voted to withdraw Article 50, yet a motion to that effect was roundly defeated by that same Parliament 292 to 191.

Off course it was a pro-remain Parliament the make up MP’s in parliament on remain -leave was in favour of remain roughly 70%

Yet the vote in relation to withdraw of A50 came down to electoral math for roughly 60% of MP at the constituency level which vote leave in other words they voted along those lines to save there own seat

AeroVega wrote:

Parliament was committed to leaving the EU, but with a deal. And the UK got the best deal that the EU had to offer.

And there lies the rub, the EU best offer was in the EU interests not the UK. it’s not Parliament’s job to force the government into making a treaty it does not want to make.

There is nothing in A50 to say that the government has to make a deal and with parliament injecting itself into the mechanisms of treaty making which is not parliament role.

No deal was always better than making a bad deal, which translates into why we are having problems with the protocol

PS

bugger it didn't actually highlight the [/quote][/quote] within it when hit submit

VertScopeAdmin
General Manager

Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:20 pm

At a loss for a cause for you, but just to make sure have you tried a clear of cookies and cache on your iphone yet? There is a button at the bottom left of the site page that deletes your cookies for just the site for you.

Kevin