Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

crownvic
Topic Author

why does my topic get moved or deleted

Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:18 pm

As longtime member here why does my topic posted in civil aviation continuosly get red flagged. All I am asking is why the Virgin Orbit 747 is at Ft Lauderdale? It was moved by a moderator to the space section when my question has nothing to do with space? It has also been deleted from the civil aviation section. If this is the case then 90% of similar questions over the years should have been removed too.

What is going on with the moderators here??

crownvic
Topic Author

Re: why does my topic get moved or deleted

Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:03 am

I guess the moderators dont check this section..case closed.

ACDC8

Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:24 am

I'm just gonna take a wild stab in the dark here, but seeing that the aircraft in question is the launch platform for an orbital launch vehicle, I would assume that the move to the Space Forum would be pretty self explanatory.

atcsundevil

Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:18 pm

crownvic wrote:

You create a post, wait less than 12 hours, then say we don't check this section. Logical. We're not on call for you 24/7. I worked all night last night, so no, I didn't check this section because I had better things to do.

crownvic wrote:
As longtime member here why does my topic posted in civil aviation continuosly get red flagged. All I am asking is why the Virgin Orbit 747 is at Ft Lauderdale? It was moved by a moderator to the space section when my question has nothing to do with space? It has also been deleted from the civil aviation section. If this is the case then 90% of similar questions over the years should have been removed too.

ACDC8 gets it. As a "longtime member", you should too. Until you want to stop giving me a lousy attitude, that's all you're going to get from me. Your comment about us in the deleted thread was lousy, and your assumption here that we *must have done something wrong* only adds to it. If you're going to be disrespectful to us, then you won't find me particularly helpful.

crownvic
Topic Author

Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:47 pm

atcsundevil wrote:
crownvic wrote:

You create a post, wait less than 12 hours, then say we don't check this section. Logical. We're not on call for you 24/7. I worked all night last night, so no, I didn't check this section because I had better things to do.
I see your point and agree with you but the other moderators who were on the site at that time moved my first post within minutes so I guess they failed to monitor this forum section or dont monitor it.

crownvic wrote:

ACDC8 gets it. As a "longtime member", you should too. Until you want to stop giving me a lousy attitude, that's all you're going to get from me. Your comment about us in the deleted thread was lousy, and your assumption here that we *must have done something wrong* only adds to it. If you're going to be disrespectful to us, then you won't find me particularly helpful.

Okay then can you kindly answer the following question....The post was rewritten with the emphasis on the 747, AND NOT THE ROCKET OR ITS LAUNCH. It was a simple question as to why was an unusual 747 seen at Ft Lauderdale? That was deleted.... Over the years thousands of similar threads asking about unusual aircraft movements have been posted on the Civil Aviation Section, how come they were not moved or deleted?? It is my belief that it was done in error and no one will admit it. Thank you for your time.

crownvic
Topic Author

Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:49 pm

ACDC8 wrote:
I'm just gonna take a wild stab in the dark here, but seeing that the aircraft in question is the launch platform for an orbital launch vehicle, I would assume that the move to the Space Forum would be pretty self explanatory.

Yes you are correct, but my post clearly asked a question about the 747. I went on to say in that post that it had nothing to do with any rocket or launch.

Boeing757100

Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:32 am

I would suggest next time emailing the moderators if you don't like if your topic was moved/deleted. It's easier for them (and you), and besides, with all the other threads they sift through daily, I certainly wouldn't expect them to see it instantaneously...