Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Look2theSky
Topic Author

Help finding a very cool thread

Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:34 am

Hi all.i It has been a long while since I was here last. I am not involved in the industry. Just a fascinated lurker.
About 10 years ago I read a wonderful long thread on this site of a man’s life-long career with an airline. He was a steward and then purser I believe. His thread was a very thorough walk down memory lane of his progress, experiences, adventures with many great photographs along the way. Airports just built, airports renovated, airports closed years later. Photos with colleagues. Incredibly detailed. He retired years ago but his career covered a wonderful time in aviation. His excitement was evident even years later.
I have searched and perhaps I do not have the lingo to find the thread. I cannot remember the airline(s)he worked for. He was American. Maybe TWA or Pan Am. I have tried different forum categories, and a general search. Years ago i could easily find it. My account shows no bookmarks or subscriptions now. I cannot find it there either.
I wonder if this rings a bell for anyone? I have a friend who would enjoy his story and all the historical photos. I would like to point her to the thread if possible. Can you help pls? Thank you.
Ps. I apologize if this is not in the right forum category. If it needs to be moved, moderators, please do so. I was not sure where to put it. Thanks.

se210

Re: Help finding a very cool thread

Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:31 am

Sounds like the late Jon Proctor. Here is his website: https://jonproctor.net. The "An Airline Career" section has the "walk down memory lane".

Look2theSky
Topic Author

Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:00 pm

It is! I knew this gentleman would be remembered here! Thank you so much.

bhxdtw

Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:51 pm

Haha... I remember this chap. Iv been on this site for pretty much 20 years and have loved reading personal anecdotes or stories from these kinds of people.

Look2theSky
Topic Author

Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:07 am

Yes, he really produced a thorough, and thoroughly enjoyable read for us. I loved the photos of the spaces in the airports, the history. I also was excited for his progress as a young man. Getting his opportunities!