Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Survey8642
Topic Author

Topics unjustly disapproved, how do I object?

Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:44 pm

I've posted two topics on this site for a survey, both were turned down. Unjustified in my opinion! They were totally normal and legit topics. What is wrong with the mods who disapproved those topics?

One of them is said to be turned down because it contains links to illegal or pirated software. That's not true! As a matter of fact, it doesn't contain any links at all. Neither topic!

I want those disapproval decisions to be reverted, this should be seriously investigated. Who turned those topics down and why? Can they justify themselves for this behavior?

qf789

Re: Topics unjustly disapproved, how do I object?

Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:29 am

Survey8642 wrote:
I've posted two topics on this site for a survey, both were turned down. Unjustified in my opinion! They were totally normal and legit topics. What is wrong with the mods who disapproved those topics?

One of them is said to be turned down because it contains links to illegal or pirated software. That's not true! As a matter of fact, it doesn't contain any links at all. Neither topic!

I want those disapproval decisions to be reverted, this should be seriously investigated. Who turned those topics down and why? Can they justify themselves for this behavior?

There is no need to be so melodramatic.

Your 2 posts were disapproved for good reason. It was also stated in both post disapprovals for you to refer to forum rules regarding surveys. If you had followed the moderators advise you would have emailed us, as per the forum rules

Posting Surveys or Promotions
Requests to post any form of survey or promotion must first be submitted for review by Moderators by emailing moderators@airliners.net. Posts made without receiving prior approval may be subject to deletion. These threads are only generally permitted in the Polls and Prefs Forum.

The current decision will not be reverted nor is there any need for an investigation. All moderator queries need to go through the moderators@airliners.net email address. The fact you have gone public with this has made any further request regarding moderation invalid.

We havent had an email from you yet and until we do your posts regarding surveys will not be approved

atcsundevil

Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:55 am

Survey8642 wrote:

Just to add to what qf789 said: it is clearly stated upon registering for an account on this site that it is your responsibility to familiarize yourself with the rules. Coming after us guns blazing when you haven't followed the very first instruction when joining this site doesn't make for a great start. All you had to do was ask us why your posts were not approved. You could have created a post here explaining the situation and asking how it could be corrected. Instead, you ask what's wrong with us (ironic), demand they be "reverted" (which isn't a thing, nor is it possible), calling for some sort of investigation (we'll get right on that...), and assert that our actions are not justified (they are clearly written in the forum rules without ambiguity). I think you owe us an apology and a more level-head in future interactions, because frankly you've exhibited precisely why we require post approvals for new users.

SQ22

Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:20 am

Actually I was the one not changing the category by accident, hence there was the wrong text "The message contains links to illegal of pirated software" instead of "The reported message does not fit into any other category". Apologies for that.

Anyway I gave you additionally the advise to follow the instructions for conducting surveys as stated in the forum rules.

For everything else please see posts above.